HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Expect some moves from the Wild...

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2003, 11:36 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Expect some moves from the Wild...

Basically Lemaire came out last night and said the Wild need to make some changes after the 2-1 loss to the Sharks. I don't know if it is just going to be moving some players up and down from Houston to Minnesota and visa versa or some trades.

Basically anyone is available except for Gaborik, Bouchard, Burns, Schultz, and Mitchell...

Old
11-29-2003, 11:52 AM
RuthlessRobb

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RuthlessRobb
i think you can add Koivu to that list as well. I really can't imagine them landing someone worth giving up on him yet

Old
11-29-2003, 11:54 AM
officeglen

also add Daigle to the list as well - he is untouchable.

Not that the Wild wouldn't move him, just nobody would want him.

Old
11-29-2003, 11:55 AM
H-Bear

Since Lemaire is the coach, and is not the one who makes trades, or the decision to move guys up and down from farm team, I would have to assume that he means a change in play (ie: more effort).

Old
11-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Reign Nateo

So we can have anybody off the Wild other than Gaborik, Bouchard, Burns, Schultz, Mitchell, Koivu, and Daigle?

So basically Christoph Brandner, Darby Henrickson, and Antti Laaksonen are available?

Don't expect a lot of teams to be beating down the doors for the rest of the Wild team.

Old
11-29-2003, 12:39 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Basically Lemaire came out last night and said the Wild need to make some changes after the 2-1 loss to the Sharks. I don't know if it is just going to be moving some players up and down from Houston to Minnesota and visa versa or some trades.

Basically anyone is available except for Gaborik, Bouchard, Burns, Schultz, and Mitchell...
How about finally calling up Rickard Wallin who is again having a great season in Houston

Old
11-29-2003, 12:45 PM
LightningFast

Minnesota should have dealt Fernandez or Roloson last year . Manny Fernandez's value is no way as good as last year . While Roloson is playing pretty good lately, he's getting up there in age .

Old
11-29-2003, 01:04 PM
DW

Personally, the Wild don't really need to make changes other then to be somewhat healthy. Getting some of there regulars back like Mithcell and Bouchard will help some. Maybe making some small roster moves by calling up an Ahler or two. But I don't see any real moves until the deadline comes around.

However, dealing one of the goalies is a possiblity though. Manny only has the one year deal and it seems the Wild Management like Rollies demeanor. He's a little more calm and has less ups/downs then Manny. This subject has been beaten to death here in Minnesota for a better part of two years now.

Old
11-29-2003, 01:08 PM
ModestoFan

Send a message via Yahoo to ModestoFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DW
Personally, the Wild don't really need to make changes other then to be somewhat healthy. Getting some of there regulars back like Mithcell and Bouchard will help some. Maybe making some small roster moves by calling up an Ahler or two. But I don't see any real moves until the deadline comes around.

However, dealing one of the goalies is a possiblity though. Manny only has the one year deal and it seems the Wild Management like Rollies demeanor. He's a little more calm and has less ups/downs then Manny. This subject has been beaten to death here in Minnesota for a better part of two years now.
The Wild played an ok game against SJ, but we just stuck it out. I read in the modbee (local paper) that they held a players-only meeting after the 2-1 loss.

I can't imagine them fixing to much, but the need to execute better. Last year, they clogged neutral ice, and they played a stifling forecheck...not so in this past game.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:51 PM
Ozy_Flame

Wow - after Gaborik, Bouchard, Burns, Schultz, Mitchell (and Daigle), who is there left worth anything remotely significant? Dupuis won't be dealt; Richard Park is more valuable to the Wild than in a trade, and I believe Wes Walz is a UFA next season, if I'm not mistaken.

That leaves a gold mine of Jim Dowd, Sergei Zholtok, Darby Hendrickson, Brad Brown, and Brad Bombardir. Wow, can't wait to see the return on these guys!

Nothing against Minnesota, but if you're not going to give up quality, you're certainly not going to receive any.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:53 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
I think some of the Wild fans, as I said before would love to get rid of Koivu but I'm sticking it to him. I want to see what he has to offer but if we can get a capable defensemen or a solid forward back for him, I am all for it. But that's if they can contribute now!

DW- I agree that they are going to adjust their game but shouldn't the first couple of bad games force them to do that already? I think a trade or a roster move might be in order too, which is a good way to show that no one is untouchable and try to motivate them as if it was their last game.

I would love to call up Wallin but for some odd reason Lemaire isn't letting go of some veterans that seem to be more logs than players.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:54 PM
Aerolanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
also add Daigle to the list as well - he is untouchable.

Not that the Wild wouldn't move him, just nobody would want him.
I'd want him from alot of teams standpoints...he's still got skill and playing under Lemaire can't hurt.

Old
11-29-2003, 03:55 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
*sighs*

That leaves O'Sullivan, Wallin, Wanvig, Hannula, Heid, Reitz, Michalek, Holmqvist, Brust, Kettles, Bolduc, Misharin, Koivu, Cavanaugh, Cullen, Berzins, all of who could contribute to a team.

Another thing a team like Buffalo might pick up Brown, leaving us with a roster spot to fill and a draft pick (as minor as it is).

What we need to do is move some players around and open up spots for youngesters.

Also I might be the only one to say this but Dupuis could be dealt if the right offer and package came around that the Wild and another team put together. Dupuis and a goalie or a defensemen or something for a defensemen and a minor league winger or something? A contender that will give up a little more. Could be at the trade deadline.

Old
11-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Quote:

Would they want Holzinger for future considerations? Lemaire can probably get him playing like he was earlier in his career. Please take him!

Old
11-29-2003, 07:42 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Dupuis??? I would take him with the habs for sure!

edit : I would also take Park!

Old
11-30-2003, 03:00 AM
avfan#21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Wow - after Gaborik, Bouchard, Burns, Schultz, Mitchell (and Daigle), who is there left worth anything remotely significant? Dupuis won't be dealt; Richard Park is more valuable to the Wild than in a trade, and I believe Wes Walz is a UFA next season, if I'm not mistaken.

That leaves a gold mine of Jim Dowd, Sergei Zholtok, Darby Hendrickson, Brad Brown, and Brad Bombardir. Wow, can't wait to see the return on these guys!

Nothing against Minnesota, but if you're not going to give up quality, you're certainly not going to receive any.
Actually If I was PL and Wes Walz was dangled, I'd bite if the price was right. Considering our injury status and what he'd bring to the team down the stretch and in the playoffs, not to mention he'd fit our salary structure because most of our players are free agents at the end of the year so the Avalanche can set a new structure after the new CBA comes out. I'd give him a shot.

Old
11-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfan#21
Actually If I was PL and Wes Walz was dangled, I'd bite if the price was right. Considering our injury status and what he'd bring to the team down the stretch and in the playoffs, not to mention he'd fit our salary structure because most of our players are free agents at the end of the year so the Avalanche can set a new structure after the new CBA comes out. I'd give him a shot.
Well, the return Wes Walz would garner for a playoff run, I think, would be negligible. Then again, that applies to all UFA's around the trade deadline.

Old
11-30-2003, 03:06 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame
Well, the return Wes Walz would garner for a playoff run, I think, would be negligible. Then again, that applies to all UFA's around the trade deadline.
Recent Selke candidate, Good playoff performer (last year anyways), i'd think he's worth a pretty decent prospect. If a pending UFA like Smolinski can garner Tim Gleason, Walz should be return even more as I see him being more valuable than Smoke.

Old
11-30-2003, 06:42 PM
Kritty

I may be alone in this but I think the problem with Minnesota is that they aren't as good as last year's playoff made them out to be. They rode a hot streak right through the playoffs. I think they are a solid team but nothing more than maybe the 6th seed at best. They lack offence, they're goaltending is suspect in my eyes, and the defence isn't anything to write home about. They've won games on hard work and the defensive system used by Lemaire. Seems to me from what I've seen this year, teams have figured it out and are exposing it. Something definitely has to be done in Minny if they expect to do anything even remotely close to what they did last year.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:02 PM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
I may be alone in this but I think the problem with Minnesota is that they aren't as good as last year's playoff made them out to be. They rode a hot streak right through the playoffs.
That's a part of the problem. The other problem with Minnesota is that Gaborik and Dupuis are still getting into game shape. Nobody should ever discredit Risebrough for the "genius" that he is. What a good thing to do before training camp and insult your two best players with low ball offers. Sure, Gaborik's agent may have been shooting a little too high, but I think he would have come down had Risebrough come up. I don't understand Risebrough's thinking on that one. Probably the second stupidest move of his career as a GM (I'm assuming everyone knows what the dumbest move of his career has been......)

Old
12-01-2003, 02:38 PM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
What a good thing to do before training camp and insult your two best players with low ball offers. Sure, Gaborik's agent may have been shooting a little too high, but I think he would have come down had Risebrough come up. I don't understand Risebrough's thinking on that one. Probably the second stupidest move of his career as a GM (I'm assuming everyone knows what the dumbest move of his career has been......)
Gaborik signed for what he was offered before camp, as did Dupuis. Dupuis might be a bit low, but most people seem to think Gaborik's not. In fact, I seem to recall some guys ragging on Risebrough for giving him that much money in the Best GM's thread.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:39 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Fair enough Flyer but I can't wait to hear the whining and crying from fans from other teams when they can't sign their prospects because of the precident Gaborik set when Risebrough gave in. Yes, the incentives were a bit of a problem and I don't know what the hell was going on but something was going on that no one really knew. Gaborik signed right after he switched agents, which means something and he did sign a contract that is both fair to the player and the team. I do assume that you know what his contract is about right?

Also Minnesota decides they have made enough moves by moving down Marshall. UGH!

Old
12-01-2003, 02:49 PM
DaleHunter

Send a message via MSN to DaleHunter
Quote:
*sighs*

That leaves O'Sullivan, Wallin, Wanvig, Hannula, Heid, Reitz, Michalek, Holmqvist, Brust, Kettles, Bolduc, Misharin, Koivu, Cavanaugh, Cullen, Berzins, all of who could contribute to a team.

Another thing a team like Buffalo might pick up Brown, leaving us with a roster spot to fill and a draft pick (as minor as it is).

What we need to do is move some players around and open up spots for youngesters.

Also I might be the only one to say this but Dupuis could be dealt if the right offer and package came around that the Wild and another team put together. Dupuis and a goalie or a defensemen or something for a defensemen and a minor league winger or something? A contender that will give up a little more. Could be at the trade deadline.
I'd love to see O'Sullivan and Wanvig in Caps uniforms. I also wouldn't mind seeing Brad Brown here (I was hoping we'd sign him when he was UFA, and then when he was available in the waiver draft a couple years ago). Though Rick Berry is already providing us what Brown would.

So Wanvig and O'Sullivan.

How about your pick of any 3 of the following: Ivan Ciernik, Joel Kwiatkowski, Jon Gruden, Kip Miller, Bates Battaglia, Sebastien Charpentier, Brian Willsie, J-F Fortin, Josef Boumedienne, Petr Sykora, 3rd round pick.

Old
12-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
umm, the Habs would be interested in Kuba.

I'm surprised no one mentionned him.

Old
12-01-2003, 03:03 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
None of them really interest me that much. O'Sullivan is coming into his own and we need a type-flight winger coming back if we are going to give him up. Only reaosn I put him in there is because we need help now, O'Sullivan might be on the team next year or the year after, which doesn't really help.

Wanvig could be had for a mid-level prospect.

Closed Thread