Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

L.A. GM a class act

Old
01-30-2007, 11:17 AM
iggysback05

vCash: 500
L.A. GM a class act

I think that lost in the excitement off Conroy coming home is the fact that LA GM Dean Lombardi is a class act. I find it hard to believe that this was the best offer Lombardi received for Conroy. I'm pretty sure that Atlanta and Montreal made similar offers but Lombardi did what was best for his team and Connie as well. Hats off to him.

iggysback05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:33 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Yeah, hats off to Dean Lombardi as well, for helping to make this deal happen in having Craig Conroy come back to the team he should have never left to begin with.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:44 AM
iggysback05

Agreed, all interviews suggest he never wanted out and we never wanted to move him. Conroy said that when Crawford told him about the trade he (Crawford) didn't know what to say because Conroy seemed so happy, he (Conroy) was all smiles when he heard the news.

Old
01-30-2007, 11:52 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Yeah, judging by the interviews I've seen/read from Conroy since this trade, he seems very happy to be back.

Old
01-30-2007, 11:56 AM
AgentNaslund*

pretty valid point, but in the other conroy thread they were saying, how Atlanta and Montreal werent as desperate because they werent willing to give up a strong 2nd rounder in 08 and and 4th rounder for Him. I take this reason instead because Atlanta and Montreal are both contenders, and to them Conroy is just another depth player.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 12:44 PM
MentalPowerHouse

You think he could have got more than a 2nd, 4th, and Lundmark? I would say the trade was fair, no one was going to give up a 1st for Conroy. I would almost think a 3rd rounder instead of the 2nd could have done it. Regardless, it is true he could have worked it out with any team and seems to talked to Calgary as Conroy clearly wanted to go there.

MentalPowerHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 03:54 PM
funky

As a Kings fan who will be at the game tonight cheering on my boys but secretly not caring if we give up the 2 points to you guys as we are out of the race and playing the kids, I say good trade for both teams. Conroys heart is in Calgary and he will turn his season around as Calgary will give him more time and offensive oppertunities.

A pick each year wont hurt you guys too bad and Lundmark could have just as easily have been sent to the Ahl. I wish Conroy all the luck as he to has been a class act and I hope he puts helps bring you guys to the Cup Finals.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 04:00 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
As a Kings fan who will be at the game tonight cheering on my boys but secretly not caring if we give up the 2 points to you guys as we are out of the race and playing the kids, I say good trade for both teams. Conroys heart is in Calgary and he will turn his season around as Calgary will give him more time and offensive oppertunities.

A pick each year wont hurt you guys too bad and Lundmark could have just as easily have been sent to the Ahl. I wish Conroy all the luck as he to has been a class act and I hope he puts helps bring you guys to the Cup Finals.

Thanks, man.

And hopefully Lundmark works out well for you guys. The kid has potential, but he just wasn't finding his groove here in Calgary this year. Maybe a change of scenery is what he needs to get it going. But I agree, this was a good deal for both teams - the Kings getting a young player who may develop into something playing with all the young talent in Los Angeles, and Conroy who is a fan favourite in Calgary and has had success here and knows how to play well with the system in Calgary and can be a huge added help on our PK.

Good luck.

Old
01-30-2007, 04:02 PM
iggysback05

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentalPowerHouse View Post
You think he could have got more than a 2nd, 4th, and Lundmark? I would say the trade was fair, no one was going to give up a 1st for Conroy. I would almost think a 3rd rounder instead of the 2nd could have done it. Regardless, it is true he could have worked it out with any team and seems to talked to Calgary as Conroy clearly wanted to go there.
No, I'm certainly not saying that he could have gotten a 1st but I do believe he could have gotten just as good a deal from ATL, NYR or MTL. All three are Eastern Conference teams but he sent him back "home" instead.

Old
01-31-2007, 09:51 AM
natural420*

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post

thanks homey. need more people like this on this board. hell, i need to be more like this

like buddy above said. lundmark has some potential. he showed it around the end of the season last year and we had high hopes for him this season. his career isnt over yet and playing with the dynamic young forwards LA has will do nothing but help him with his development and ease some of the pressure he had to put up big numbers. plus marc crawford is a more experienced coach. iam sure that will make a difference as well

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 10:19 AM
LouisJCloutier

I'm an Habs fan, and I don't think that Gainey had any interest in Conroy.

LouisJCloutier is offline   Reply With Quote