HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hockey Fight Site

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Hockey Fight Site

I always go to a certain hockey site {many of you know it, it's in named after a certain poultry dish.}

I know this site gets crap about it's censoring {sometimes deservedly} but sometimes when i go a site like this fight one i am kinda glad we have some rules and regulations. While some of them have good insight and they are obviously fight fans, the group in general has the IQ of a brick.

Makes you wonder, for all of their "he wussed out comments" how many of them would actually fight for a living or not end up getting killed out there.

They are so quick to point out Simon turning Cairns down, but forget that he's been in what? Three fights the past 4 games or something. It's generally not a smart move to go against a dangerous opponent if you're not capable of responding full force.

It's just websites like those that make me laugh and realize for the most part how lucky we are here on these boards.

That's a perfect example of why i dont post on sites like those, the moderaters in most cases act worst than teenagers.

Old
12-05-2003, 01:29 PM
LeServ

Edge, I like that site, particularly now that they have video of most of the current bouts. But I'd never post because there are quite a few knuckle draggers. Bottom line is, there are hockey fans who are fans only because the sport allows fighting. Now, my guilty pleasure is the heavyweight hockey fight, but not to the exclusion of the rest of the game. I like the beauty part far more than the beast part.

Old
12-05-2003, 03:41 PM
JCProdigy

I'm dense, can you PM the site link as I too wanna be a goon! Old time hockey, Eddie Shore!

Old
12-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeServ
Edge, I like that site, particularly now that they have video of most of the current bouts. But I'd never post because there are quite a few knuckle draggers. Bottom line is, there are hockey fans who are fans only because the sport allows fighting. Now, my guilty pleasure is the heavyweight hockey fight, but not to the exclusion of the rest of the game. I like the beauty part far more than the beast part.

Well i like the site, not a big fan of the message boards. its a little too wild west mentality for me. there's just such a mix of legit intelligent posters and guys who have the IQ of a cement mixer.

You'll never hear me complain about fighting, but anyone who has played at a level where it is legal knows that it is a lot easier to comment from a sofa then it is to have to wake up in the morning with a sore body.

Old
12-06-2003, 09:40 AM
LeServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Well i like the site, not a big fan of the message boards. its a little too wild west mentality for me. there's just such a mix of legit intelligent posters and guys who have the IQ of a cement mixer.

You'll never hear me complain about fighting, but anyone who has played at a level where it is legal knows that it is a lot easier to comment from a sofa then it is to have to wake up in the morning with a sore body.
Agreed. I got in a scrap once, wound up on the bottom when everyone piled on and I screwed up my shoulder for six months.

Closed Thread