HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Boyes

Old
01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
Two thoughts:

I'd takes Boyes as a second line center in a heart beat.

I don't get the mindset that people are trying to get him for nothing though. I mean it's not as if Immonen and a 4th is some kind of great deal for Boston.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:40 PM
Richter35

immo pock hall '07 second and ''08 3rd

for

stuart and boyes

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
immo pock hall '07 second and ''08 3rd

for

stuart and boyes

No way I do that if I am Boston.

You're getting inferior players at every position and that's assuming Pock doesn't leave as a free agent and you're willing to pay Hall a million dollars coming off a craptacular season.

The picks are nice but if I'm moving both, at their ages especially, I want more than waste and lower picks.

Old
01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Richter35

well remember that stuart is ufa, and boyes is apparently to be had for poop. tho that rumour is prob bs anyways, boston would be dumb to trade such a player at his age.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
well remember that stuart is ufa, and boyes is apparently to be had for poop. tho that rumour is prob bs anyways, boston would be dumb to trade such a player at his age.
I agree with you.

Though this is where the Rangers have to be smart.

If they could free up the money and sign Stuart they add upgrade their defense and Boyes is worth the shot at the second line.

If I'm Boston though I'm looking for something of just a little more quality.

Old
01-30-2007, 10:00 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Two thoughts:

I'd takes Boyes as a second line center in a heart beat.

I don't get the mindset that people are trying to get him for nothing though. I mean it's not as if Immonen and a 4th is some kind of great deal for Boston.
Well, it's mainly because the rumor is that he's available for just a pick.

course, it could be Boston asking for a first round pick...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:10 PM
kovalev27hf

dawes,pock,malik, and a first round pick to boston for stuart and boyes (boston has to take malik back for the deal to go through)

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:16 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Well, it's mainly because the rumor is that he's available for just a pick.

course, it could be Boston asking for a first round pick...
IDK about a 1st, but if they wanted JUST a draft pick, I would give up a 2nd for Boyes... Whatever it takes, I would rather see Boyes come here giving up minimal rather than giving up the farm for Foresk** , errr Forsberg...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:31 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
i agree that he is worth more, but those suggestions are based on the boston herald report that boston might be ready to dump him for 'as little as a draft pick'

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:38 PM
SML

I don't want to make a deal with any player that has made it clear that he already wants to play on the west coast, like Stuart apparently has. Not only that, but it's not him who made the decision it's his wife. I know all you younger guys aren't going to appreciate how much that means. The LAST thing you want at home is your young (presumably mega-hot) wife sitting there unhappy while you spend half your year on the road. Stuart is going to wind up in the west. I don't give up anything for him. I seriously doubt you talk him out of this, and he's not the only fish in the sea. As for Boyes, if we could get him cheap, b/c he's in the doghouse, go for it. But I wouldn't give a first at all.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:38 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

I would do Boyes for a 2nd Rd Pick and a midlevel prospect

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:41 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
I would do Boyes for a 2nd Rd Pick and a midlevel prospect
it won't require that much. A 2nd would do BY FAR.

Immonen for Boyes boys!

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:46 PM
Barnaby

Keep in mind what Calgary gave up for Conroy... Stuart is of a comparable value b/c the one extra year Conroy has is expensive... and Boyes is a nice young player who is having a sophmore slump ala Prucha.

For fair value I bet Boston would ask for Prucha, Dawes, and a 2nd... I'm not saying I'd do it, but that's probably would they would be looking for.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
clmetsfan

First of all, I would be skeptical about reports that Boston is so eager to give up on a fast, talented C who is just 24 and already has a solid season under his belt. I'm not saying it's not true or that he couldn't be pried away, just that he probably won't come as cheap as a lot of people here seem to believe. And saying that "multiple sources" have reported as such doesn't carry a whole lot of weight with me given that it could all come from one unreliable source that other outlets saw and repeated.

All that being said, I think Boyes would fit in beautifully on this team, and no matter what the Bruins actually ask for, it certainly won't be as much as would a Forsberg or Tkachuk.

I'd be willing to do Dawes, Immonen, a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year for Boyes and Stuart.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:50 PM
SML

I only trade Prucha with the presumption that Dawes fills his spot eventually. No way do I put them in the same deal. All we do is open a different hole than we have now.

Old
01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRGNYR View Post
I think +/- is very deceiving. For a defenseman, if they are a plus, it's usually because of the forwards on the ice with them, nothing special that d-man did. The minus however might be a more telling stat, but remember that in each game only 6 d-men and 12 forwards dress, so in theory each d-man is on the ice for more goals for and against than any forward, in fact strictly numberwise it's a 2:1 ratio.

Stuart being a -19 is a function of how mediocre the Bruins are, and could be who he's paired with. If he's killing penalties, he's going to get minuses whenever his team gives up a PPG, and with the league's crackdown on stick fouls, there are more PPs and therefore more PPGs.

You don't get a minus if you're on the ice for a PPG against. You don't get a plus if your team scores either.

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:56 PM
BronxBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
it won't require that much. A 2nd would do BY FAR.

Immonen for Boyes boys!
That's awfully presumptuous. Case in point: Andrew Raycroft had a spectacular rookie year only to completely bomb his sophomore season. People were saying the same thing about him that they are saying about Boyes...he is a one-year wonder who isn't worth much. He was traded for a former 1st round pick and one of the top goalie prospects out there (Tuukka Rask). Brad Boyes scored 69 points in 82 games as a rookie. Despite his horrible drought, he is still on pace for 44 points this season which is respectable. To think that he would be dumped for a measly pick seems extremely foolish.

BronxBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:02 PM
mike14

Would Hall/J Ward and a 1st be enough

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
First of all, I would be skeptical about reports that Boston is so eager to give up on a fast, talented C who is just 24 and already has a solid season under his belt. I'm not saying it's not true or that he couldn't be pried away, just that he probably won't come as cheap as a lot of people here seem to believe.
I agree 100%. Some people are reading these articles, and thinking he'll be had for a 4th or 5th rounder. I personally think Boyes is quite valuable... maybe slightly less so than Prucha.

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
SML

I love how people here cannot wait to give up our first round pick with a playoff spot far from secure and no way of knowing whether we'll be buying or selling at the deadline. Have you guys ever watched before this season? This doesn't always have a happy ending.

Old
01-30-2007, 11:15 PM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I love how people here cannot wait to give up our first round pick with a playoff spot far from secure and no way of knowing whether we'll be buying or selling at the deadline. Have you guys ever watched before this season? This doesn't always have a happy ending.
I love how people here cannot wait to use our first round pick. Have you guys never watched before this season? (Lundmark, Brendl, Malholtra et al). Sorry, I couldn't help that.

Boyes is only 24, it's not like they'd be giving it up for 35 y.o UFA to be

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:28 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
I love how people here cannot wait to use our first round pick. Have you guys never watched before this season? (Lundmark, Brendl, Malholtra et al). Sorry, I couldn't help that.

Boyes is only 24, it's not like they'd be giving it up for 35 y.o UFA to be
thats true, he's 24 but you gotta look at it this way. He's not exactly at the top of Boston's list.

Savard 29
Kessel 19
Bergeron 21

All these guys can play C. So pending on how he plays (and he hasn't played up to last season) it may be possible for Boston to trade him for a pick (2nd or 3rd). All these guys are highly talented, meaning you can't keep 'em all. I say Boyes goes before trade deadline.

Btw, I was looking at what the rangers traded Savard for:
Quote:
New York Rangers traded Mark Savard and 1st round selection (Oleg Saprykin) in 1999 to Calgary Flames for the rights of Jan Hlavac, 1st (Jamie Lundmark) and 3rd (later traded back to Calgary - Craig Andersson) round selections in 1999.
YUCK!

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:40 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Personally, I wouldn't get too excited over this.

I don't see Boston giving up a good young C/LW especially aside from Kessel and Bergeron, they SEVERELY lack good young forwards. They have no forwards right now in the system who could be top-sixers.

I don't see them trading him unless an unrefusable offer comes their way... ESPECIALLY over a sophomore slump. I know Jacobs is still the owner... but Chiarelli is the GM, not O'Connell.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:42 PM
JayMan82

Yo, I was thinking about that trade when I saw Lundmark getting traded for Conroy (and they had to package a 2nd and a 4th as well... I guess thats how bad they wanted to get Lundmark out!!!) Eww.... I think I'm gonna puke...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 11:44 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxBruin View Post
That's awfully presumptuous. Case in point: Andrew Raycroft had a spectacular rookie year only to completely bomb his sophomore season. People were saying the same thing about him that they are saying about Boyes...he is a one-year wonder who isn't worth much. He was traded for a former 1st round pick and one of the top goalie prospects out there (Tuukka Rask). Brad Boyes scored 69 points in 82 games as a rookie. Despite his horrible drought, he is still on pace for 44 points this season which is respectable. To think that he would be dumped for a measly pick seems extremely foolish.
I agree with what you're saying, whole-heartedly... but to use Raycroft as an example/comparison is just bad, considering that he's not with the team right now, and is actually having a decent year behind a crappy defense in Toronto.

You better not hope history repeats itself.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote