HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gerber

Old
01-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Gerber

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:40 PM
otwinner

How Did Gerber Look Tonight?? Cant Watch The Game In My Region. Thanks

otwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by otwinner View Post
How Did Gerber Look Tonight?? Cant Watch The Game In My Region. Thanks
I haven't been able to watch/focus on too much of the game tonight, unfortunately, but this may very well be his best game yet as an Ottawa Senator. He's been solid tonight.

Old
01-30-2007, 08:44 PM
moz
Gute Post

I like the idea of the thread but we've got a one-goal lead in the third. I'll hold my breath before I'll celebrate.

moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
I like the idea of the thread but we've got a one-goal lead in the third. I'll hold my breath before I'll celebrate.

Old
01-30-2007, 09:14 PM
moz
Gute Post

Ok I'm celebrating now!

Nice clutch play Gerbs!

Old
01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Preeat

Send a message via MSN to Preeat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
I haven't been able to watch/focus on too much of the game tonight, unfortunately, but this may very well be his best game yet as an Ottawa Senator. He's been solid tonight.
His best game was his first game.

He totally stole us that game against the Leafs. Oh boy were my hopes high for him after that game or what hahaha.

He looked pretty good tonight though, aside from the rebound control which you kinda expect after sitting on the bench for a while.

Preeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:19 PM
OttawaGM

Gerber has been playing well for a while now. People just like to say the popular thing that 'Gerber is horrible' without even watching him play.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Rico__Persson*

Impressive play tonight. Not amazing, but solid considering he only gets a game every three weeks. That must be tough.

I liked his reads and he somehow kept all those scrambles out of the back of the net. He was really square in the net and looked big when in the butterfly...which he had timed very well. I would have figured his timing would have been off, but he was down before the puck arrived and really closed up nicely.

He needs to work on getting his mitt on loose pucks in front of him. It's like he can't see anything up close. Such a simple play, I don't understand it. It's almost like he's using two blockers.

The rebounds weren't as bad as Deano made them out to be...I mean they were bad, but nothing different than what I'd seen from Emery all year. Look for Gerber's rebounds and general play to improve as he gets more playing time.

Rico__Persson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
SENSational

Quote:
His best game was definitely the first one. He was good this game but he needs to learn how to cover up the puck.

SENSational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:24 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
Gerber has been playing well for a while now. People just like to say the popular thing that 'Gerber is horrible' without even watching him play.
Not true, granted he has played MUCH better than his during November slump but even in his wins he looked shaky, lacked confidence, and seemed to hesitate/be unsure of what to do. He would be absolute brutal behind the net and had mental delays such as the Umberger breakaway in the Philly game. But he is really starting to get on track. The thing is he is always going to look shaky/rusty if he doesn't get more starts. This would be true of any goalie, be it Brodeur or Gerber or Cloutier. This isn't his fault but Murray needs to know how to manage it between his two goalies.

Old
01-30-2007, 09:25 PM
freakin

I'll be honest, I was going overboard on Gerber for no good reason in the GDT, I figured I've been bashing him a lot recently, lets try treating him like he's god-like. But he did play well, the defense on the other hand, was ****.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:26 PM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Not true, granted he has played MUCH better than his during November slump but even in his wins he looked shaky, lacked confidence, and seemed to hesitate/be unsure of what to do.
2.0 GAA 0.932Sv% in last month not good enough for you? All he looks like is rusty... he doesn't know how to play the puck because he isn't used to the D that's all. If he were to play more he'd look great in everything where as now he only looks good where it counts on the score sheet.

OttawaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SENSational View Post
His best game was definitely the first one. He was good this game but he needs to learn how to cover up the puck.
cool guys, guess my dizziness made him Hasek or something.

*waves white flag*

I'm retreating back to my bed now.

Old
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
The defense seems to have gotten used to the big rebounds because Emery is prone to giving them up as well. They've done a good job clearing a lot of the rebounds.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
2.0 GAA 0.932Sv% in last month not good enough for you? All he looks like is rusty... he doesn't know how to play the puck because he isn't used to the D that's all. If he were to play more he'd look great in everything where as now he only looks good where it counts on the score sheet.
No I am not complaining about his play since November, I think he has been doing so much better but you've got to remember he's played against Philly twice, Columbus once (who kicked his ass), the Islanders and Carolina. Not exactly world-class teams. I'm not trying to take anything away from him, I'm just saying even in those victories he had terrible flaws which would be brutally exploited by better teams. He is starting to iron those flaws out which I couldn't be happier about.

Old
01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
freakin

Quote:
cool guys, guess my dizziness made him Hasek or something.

*waves white flag*

I'm retreating back to my bed now.
lol, I think my overzealousness was contagious, no worries.

freakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:35 PM
HealthyScratches1200

This is ridiculous If he loses the next game, somebody will make a new thread saying he sucks. It's one good game. Calm down guys

HealthyScratches1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:36 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephony View Post
This is ridiculous If he losses the next game, somebody will make a new thread saying he sucks. It's one good game. Calm down guys
Hes won five of his last six

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
GOAT

Send a message via MSN to GOAT Send a message via Skype™ to GOAT
His numbers are very good recently, there's no doubt about it. However, he always makes me very nervous during scrambles. He'll make a huge save, and then FREEZE in place. The other team will jam away at the puck as the Sens try to clear them away from the puck. Gerber has got to continue to establish position, and cover up those close-range loose pucks. Today he got lucky on a couple of those scrambles as Washington just couldn't lift that loose puck over the pad. Or maybe he knows what he's doing...

GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Brandi

i hear ya telephony

good game gerber . i always thought this was a win win situation. hopefully you can back me up on this

Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:39 PM
HealthyScratches1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86 View Post
Hes won five of his last six
Against teams like the Flyers

All joking aside, he did have a good game. But you guys are too quick to praise him.

Remember game 1 of the season? He was outstanding. Game 2? HORRIBLE! So you never know.

HealthyScratches1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:54 PM
fras123

id like to see gerber play a few games before we decide if hes a solid goalie or not, i think this was his second game in 18 games or something? im not saying he should start over emery, but he deserves another shot to prove he can be a contending goaltender

fras123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 09:56 PM
Leb_Hitch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fras123 View Post
id like to see gerber play a few games before we decide if hes a solid goalie or not, i think this was his second game in 18 games or something? im not saying he should start over emery, but he deserves another shot to prove he can be a contending goaltender
Makes it easier to trade him too if we have to.

Leb_Hitch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2007, 10:09 PM
moz
Gute Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by telephony View Post

Remember game 1 of the season? He was outstanding. Game 2? HORRIBLE! So you never know.
Yeah he still needs to prove he can play well in sequential starts and play with consistency when he is playing regularly. He's yet to do it this year but I'm still convinced his issue is just a mental matter, which CAN be fixed. Getting him some more starts will be good for him and Emery. I think he's ready for a little bit more responsibility. But Ray is still number one.