HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Larry Brooks Rangers rumors

Old
02-01-2007, 04:52 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Rachunek is more valuable than Vasicek.The Rangers have Rachunek's rights until 2008 while Vasicek can walk away this summer.Besides Vasicek isn't any upgrade
Vasicek isn't an upgrade to Betts and Krog? C'mon. If Rachunek is so valuable, perhaps he could bring back a better center. I doubt it.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 05:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
If Keith Tkachuk accepts a trade prior to the deadline donít expect him to land in an Eastern conference city. There are plenty of teams in the West that could use a player of Tkachukís caliber. He can play wing or center on any number one line in the conference
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=5175

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 05:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Vasicek isn't an upgrade to Betts and Krog? C'mon. If Rachunek is so valuable, perhaps he could bring back a better center. I doubt it.
When has Vasicek ever been a #2 center in his career?The Rangers can't keep acquiring players and expect them to fulfill a role they have either never fulfilled before or not capable of fulfilling

Old
02-02-2007, 08:32 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Thank God!

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:46 AM
xander

Quote:
When has Vasicek ever been a #2 center in his career?The Rangers can't keep acquiring players and expect them to fulfill a role they have either never fulfilled before or not capable of fulfilling
I don't think it's a question of bringing him in and expecting him to center the second line. The question is if it's worth bringing him in, based on his potential, at the expense of a Rachunek (who may be gone at the end of the season.) If you think Baranka or Girardi can do what Rachnek does then I think the answer is yes, if you don't think a kid can fill that role then the answer is no

And for the record, I believe Vasicek did center the top line in 03-04 in carolina.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 02:15 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Thank God!
X2

It's becoming more and more apparent that this is a different Rangers management staff.. The thing with keeping the kids and such is good for the future, but if we wanna win this year, this strategy kind of stinks...

I'm all for keeping kids and am tottally against trading the blue chippers, but I for one want to see this team make the playoffs this year.

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 02:20 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
I don't think it's a question of bringing him in and expecting him to center the second line. The question is if it's worth bringing him in, based on his potential, at the expense of a Rachunek (who may be gone at the end of the season.) If you think Baranka or Girardi can do what Rachnek does then I think the answer is yes, if you don't think a kid can fill that role then the answer is no

And for the record, I believe Vasicek did center the top line in 03-04 in carolina.
Isn't the Rangers need another quality center?Vasicek has three goals this season.Most of the time he now plays LW.He will be a group III this summer.Vasicek can't stay healthy.His injuries this season:missed 8 games with a hip flexor and 2 games with back spasms coming off ACL surgery

Old
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
xander

Quote:
Isn't the Rangers need another quality center?Vasicek has three goals this season.Most of the time he now plays LW.He will be a group III this summer.Vasicek can't stay healthy.His injuries this season:missed 8 games with a hip flexor and 2 games with back spasms coming off ACL surgery
of course that's they're need, but I just don't see them filling that need: the option are very limited and the cost will be too high.

So in absense of an ideal fit you try and improvise. Vasicek is a player that, if comfortable and clicking on all cylinders, has the talent to lay on the second line. Now, as I said it's a risk, but it's acceptable if the cost is Rachunek and you think that Baranka and company can fill Rachunek's role. I' not saying that Vasicek is the be all end all, I'm saying that he's an option to be explored. If a better deal comes along then the rangers should make it, but I don't see what that is right now.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Chicago Blueshirts

Send a message via AIM to Chicago Blueshirts
Tkatchuk to the Rangers?

From Yahoo!'s rumor page:
Quote:
The New York Rangers desperately need a center to play alongside winger Brendan Shanahan. The team wasn't interested in Craig Conroy, who was shipped to Calgary this week.

Why not? Well, Plan A appears to be St. Louis Blues forward Keith Tkachuk. His contract expires at the end of this season and he has logged considerable time at center for the Blues this season.

If St. Louis' asking price is too high, it is believed the Rangers might pursue Bryan Smolinski of the Chicago Blackhawks or free-agent-to-be Josef Vasicek of the Nashville Predators.

Source: New York Post
The Post is notorious for false rumours, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. It would depend on what we'd give away. I don't want to see draft picks or prospects, but I'd be fine with the usual people implicated (Hossa, Hall, Malik).

One thought: at this point, would people be willing to trade Prucha? I love him, but I think his 30 goals as a rookie were a little skewed and he could be overvalued on the trade market right now. T

Chicago Blueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:21 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Blueshirts View Post
From Yahoo!'s rumor page:

The Post is notorious for false rumours, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. It would depend on what we'd give away. I don't want to see draft picks or prospects, but I'd be fine with the usual people implicated (Hossa, Hall, Malik).

One thought: at this point, would people be willing to trade Prucha? I love him, but I think his 30 goals as a rookie were a little skewed and he could be overvalued on the trade market right now. T
This was discussed last week (2 weeks ago?) when it first appeared in the Post. Never say never, but most people dismissed it then and we haven't heard anything since. Hopefully the Avery trade makes it even less likely.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:03 AM
WheresBarnaby

Keith Tkachuk?

I don't know, I'm so so on him. I probably haven't seen him play enough, but I see him listed as a wing. As for Prucha I think the guy is great, I'll admit though, after seeing Avery play last game, I did think for an instant, wow we don't really need Prucha as much anymore. Avery basically plays like Prucha, except he stays on feet. Then I remembered, if the whole team played like Prucha we proabably wouldn't be out of a playoff spot right now. So Petr still needs to stay, and is still very much untouchable IMO.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:06 AM
94now

No. Washed up by now.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:07 AM
Levitate

No, I wouldn't trade Prucha for a short term rental. That'd be absurd.

Prucha only gets traded if it's for good player who's going to be with the Rangers for years. Not an over the hill veteran who exhibits mediocre play and is only around until the end of the year.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:09 AM
NYR469

brooks has been saying the rangers are trying to get KT for 10 years

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:16 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

All 4 of those names were discussed at length about 2 weeks ago. Tkachuk even earlier. It seems yahoo is a bit behind the 8-ball here, and i wouldnt use that as a legitimate rumor source anyway, besides, the real source is Brooks and we all know how he likes to stir the pot.

this line is a classic.. "If St. Louis' asking price is too high, it is believed the Rangers might pursue Bryan Smolinski of the Chicago Blackhawks or free-agent-to-be Josef Vasicek of the Nashville Predators."

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:20 AM
In The Flesh

NO, I say we play with the lineup we have for the rest of the season, if we get to the playoffs, bonus, if not lets plan for next year.

THE KEY: is to stay as young as possible.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
NO, I say we play with the lineup we have for the rest of the season, if we get to the playoffs, bonus, if not lets plan for next year.

THE KEY: is to stay as young as possible.
I wouldn't say as young as possible, but when you look at all the young talent coming in, you'd better be able to match it, to be a good team in the coming years.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
This was discussed last week (2 weeks ago?) when it first appeared in the Post.
Merged with the original discussion of the rumor.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
coolbean04

Personally, I think we should go after a good young center instead of just trying to trade a rental.

What do you think it would take to get Zubrus from WSH?

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 05:14 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Bertuzzi?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Additionally, Keith Tkachuk is no where near the answer for our 2nd line Center spot becuase Keith Tkacuhk is primarily a LW'er.

I'd pass on him as a center.

I'd prefer Weight as the option for the 2nd line center spot.
I like Weight too...I think that we could get him for two 2nds and a mid-level prospect. I'm not positive I'd pull the trigger on that deal but it's something to think about.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:42 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting for Dubi View Post
I like Weight too...I think that we could get him for two 2nds and a mid-level prospect. I'm not positive I'd pull the trigger on that deal but it's something to think about.
I said it many times, not trading for any older center who's signed beyond the season.

02-09-2007, 09:50 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
Personally, I think we should go after a good young center instead of just trying to trade a rental.

What do you think it would take to get Zubrus from WSH?
Zubrus would be a rental.He will a group III this summer

Old
02-09-2007, 09:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Doug Weight-$3.5 million in 07-08.No thank you

Old
02-09-2007, 09:58 AM
dumpsathernow*

No to Zubrus. Weight is a relic and he's shot anyway.

I pray Renney is fired so we can start marching towards the days where we'll see Dawes, Callahan, Dupont, Byers, Staal, Pyatt and Dubinsky.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote