HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT 1/31/07: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers, 7:30pm

Old
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
DontStaal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Just got home from the game. They didnt play that bad. Nylander has to learn how to ****ing shoot the puck. Raycroft and Lundqvist were exceptional. We need to start rewarding Henrik for his great games. Less Maple Leaf fans there than normal. Two idiots ran around the arena with a canadian flag after Sundin scored, but they got what they deserved . One guy (TOR fan) was taunting what looked like a 10 yr old hockey team (Yea I know tough guy) So the entire team started throwing popcorn and soda at him. Funny ****. Not to upset over the loss, but again we have to take advantage of a hot Henrik and start winning the games he keeps us in.
ye i saw that. that was pretty funny. Those kids have him what he deserved. Too bad they didnt bring their hockey sticks with them.

Pretty tough loss, we seemed to really fight for a win, especially at the end.

EDIT: one more thing. We NEED a 2nd Line center. Hossa looks good out there, but Betts is not the missing piece.

And our 4th Line sucks for the second straight day.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Well it's not really that were to easy defend. Firstly I just would like to say I was one of the few who was hoping to sign Gill this off-season...and clearly he showed that he is still a very effective defenseman. More importantly...a 2nd line center would really throw everything into place.
If it's not Gill, it's Witt, or Pandolfo, or whoever. Every team just keys up on Jagr and more times than not , thats all it takes to beat the Rangers.

There is a thread as we speak on the other board debating who is the better playmaker Crosby or "healthy" Forsberg.....???!!!!

If #21 is healthy enough to be play/ be traded the Rangers should just do what it takes to put him on this team. If the kids aren't ready than they aren't ready. Give us a team that can win.

VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) - Philadelphia Flyers centre Peter Forsberg had a second straight day of near-trouble-free skating Wednesday with his troublesome right ankle.

''It looks good, I'm positive,'' he said. ''It felt better yesterday. I don't think it's 100 per cent, but it's 10 times better than it used to be. I was very happy yesterday, and it felt pretty good at practice today. We'll keep on working on it.''

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:16 PM
shoeshine5

Disapointing game all around. Henrik was great though.

shoeshine5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:21 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
If it's not Gill, it's Witt, or Pandolfo, or whoever. Every team just keys up on Jagr and more times than not , thats all it takes to beat the Rangers.

There is a thread as we speak on the other board debating who is the better playmaker Crosby or "healthy" Forsberg.....???!!!!

If #21 is healthy enough to be play/ be traded the Rangers should just do what it takes to put him on this team. If the kids aren't ready than they aren't ready. Give us a team that can win.

VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) - Philadelphia Flyers centre Peter Forsberg had a second straight day of near-trouble-free skating Wednesday with his troublesome right ankle.

''It looks good, I'm positive,'' he said. ''It felt better yesterday. I don't think it's 100 per cent, but it's 10 times better than it used to be. I was very happy yesterday, and it felt pretty good at practice today. We'll keep on working on it.''

Absolutley..

let's just say we had Forsberg...look at the difference:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Hossa-Forsberg-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Hollweg-Betts-(Orr/Ward/Hall)

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:28 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Absolutley..

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Hossa-Forsberg-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Might consider calling Callahan up to replace Hossa even and slide Hossa down to the 4th line in that scenario

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Absolutley..

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Hossa-Forsberg-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Callahan-Forsberg-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer

Teams will no longer be able to just key in on the 1st line. They just won't, they will get burned and panic and the result will be Straka- Nylander- Jagr getting more breathing room which is what their style of play requires to be most successful.

That's THREE Solid lines created from the addition of one Elite pickup and promoting one Prospect

Old
01-31-2007, 11:54 PM
ap215

Very tough loss.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 12:20 AM
in the hall

man this team can't score

Jagr.. I don't know what to say, he clearly was a different player in the third, like he stepped it up a notch. I get the feeling he coasts most of the game till the pressure starts

Malik once again had an awful game.. every single game I've gone to this season he's been terrible

Prucha.. I can't get enough of him.. he hustles the most, does the most.. this guy represents everything that ISN'T the Rangers

I noticed Girardi a lot today, he looks like a veteran out there.. what impressed me was him directing his partner and Hossa on a play in their own zone, is he a captain on hartford?

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 12:27 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
Malik once again had an awful game.. every single game I've gone to this season he's been terrible
Don't worry about it, he's been terrible in pretty much every game you haven't been at...so it's clearly not you.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 01:58 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Were you just as annoyed in the Boston game, where the officiating favored the Rangers?

I know that there are refs that are notirously anti-Ranger (Fraser comes to mind quickly), but the poor oficiating has both helped and hurt.

On another note, there have been times when the refs "froze" the Rangers out. Fraser's dislike of the Rangers dates back to Bergeron blasted him. I recall after Messier ripped them apart, the Rangers were called for a lot of penalties.
Yeah the officiating was brutal on monday, but the Bruins played a terrible game. It really didn't affect the game. But when the refs decide the game on their own like tonight, it gets pretty frustrating. I'm not saying this team played an all-world performance tonight and lost, but it gets irritating.

I don't know how you can call penalties in the first period, decide not to call them in the third and then finally decide to start calling them in the biggest moment of the game.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 04:48 AM
Trendsetter

Send a message via MSN to Trendsetter
well you have to start wondering. How do the Rangers manage to keep losing to arguably the worst on-paper ahl team in the league? Last time around NYR conceded 9 goals. Looking at the Toronto team Im honestly surprised that they manage to net 9 in an entire season. This time, they manage to make Raycroft and a defence full of marek malik clones look like gold. Unreal

Trendsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 06:47 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

How much of this is smoke trying to make other teams feel better about trading for him?

WEB - http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 08:16 AM
chosen

Quote:
man this team can't score

Jagr.. I don't know what to say, he clearly was a different player in the third, like he stepped it up a notch. I get the feeling he coasts most of the game till the pressure starts

Prucha.. I can't get enough of him.. he hustles the most, does the most.. this guy represents everything that ISN'T the Rangers

I noticed Girardi a lot today, he looks like a veteran out there.. what impressed me was him directing his partner and Hossa on a play in their own zone, is he a captain on hartford?
Malik bashing is way out of control. He actually played a good game. His first passes out of the zone were almost always the right move. Ward, on the other hand, stunk up the joint.

I guess maybe I should just come to terms with the fact that people are going to single out Malik even when he outplays the other defensemen on the team.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 08:29 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

O... Cana-What??

For those of you who were at the game last night -

That was the worst rendition of O Canada i have ever heard - ANYWHERE. Amirante was trying his hardest to sing the notes correctly but the organ was about 3 seconds off and neither of them where able to adjust and be able to sync up. He was shaking his head because he knew how bad it was sounding. I think the hockey gods took that as an omen to shut down the Rangers.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 08:33 AM
Fletch

Amirante usually...

nails the Canadian National Anthem. He does a great job with it, typically.

On Malik - he played fine last night. I thought Rachunek struggled a fair amount, and thought that Girardi has looked very ordinary last night, but then again, I've thought he's looked pretty ordinary thus far and really hasn't looked better than when Lampman played.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 09:02 AM
BigE

It's funny because before the game, the one player the TSN crew keyed on was Marek Malik. Of course they were talking about his gawdy plus minus as if it were any indication of how well he plays.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 09:03 AM
chosen

This silly *****ing about the refs is comical.

Every fan of every team thinks the refs are biased against his team. Someone has to be wrong.

By the way, anyone who thinks that call on Cullen wasn't a penalty that gets called 99% of the time is either lying to us, themselves, or really hasn't been digesting the hockey they have been watching.

Game comes down to the usual we don't have enough offensively creative guys who can score goals.

Old
02-01-2007, 09:06 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

[QUOTE=chosen;7868854]This silly *****ing about the refs is comical.

Every fan of every team thinks the refs are biased against his team. Someone has to be wrong.

By the way, anyone who thinks that call on Cullen wasn't a penalty that gets called 99% of the time is either lying to us, themselves, or really hasn't been digesting the hockey they have been watching.

Game comes down to the usual we don't have enough offensively creative guys who can score goals.[/QUOTE]

It really is as simple as that for the Rangers. It was the glaring hole last year and it remains today

Old
02-01-2007, 09:22 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Callahan-Forsberg-Shanahan
Prucha-Cullen-Ortmeyer

Teams will no longer be able to just key in on the 1st line. They just won't, they will get burned and panic and the result will be Straka- Nylander- Jagr getting more breathing room which is what their style of play requires to be most successful.

That's THREE Solid lines created from the addition of one Elite pickup and promoting one Prospect
Forsbergs cost is going to be so high, I can't even think about it.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 09:26 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
For those of you who were at the game last night -

That was the worst rendition of O Canada i have ever heard - ANYWHERE. Amirante was trying his hardest to sing the notes correctly but the organ was about 3 seconds off and neither of them where able to adjust and be able to sync up. He was shaking his head because he knew how bad it was sounding. I think the hockey gods took that as an omen to shut down the Rangers.
i saw it on FSNY, and i thought i was the only one who cringed.. the Leafs seemed to be fine with it, moreso out of politeness probably, but i had to change the channel..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 10:36 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Malik bashing is way out of control. He actually played a good game. His first passes out of the zone were almost always the right move. Ward, on the other hand, stunk up the joint.

I guess maybe I should just come to terms with the fact that people are going to single out Malik even when he outplays the other defensemen on the team.
oh please.. i have nothing to gain by bashing malik. i even bashed jagr

he sucked last night, he was caught out of position so many times (which is the usual).. and he stopped hustling on one play where the guy beat him to the puck and made a scoring chance, not only did he stop hustling but once the guy passed him, he practically stopped skating

Old
02-01-2007, 10:39 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
This silly *****ing about the refs is comical.

Game comes down to the usual we don't have enough offensively creative guys who can score goals.
maybe fans notice it more but there were three things that pissed me off last night in the third period

i forgot which ranger it was but when that maple leaf lost his stick, he blatently took the guy down while he was away from the puck.. it was SUCH an obvious noncall

how do they NOT call that, but call Cullen for that weak ass hold in the final minute

and are you serious with this "premature goaltending substitution" BS.. if you're not going to even penalize it, don't call it

Old
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Canadian89

Quote:
maybe fans notice it more but there were three things that pissed me off last night in the third period

i forgot which ranger it was but when that maple leaf lost his stick, he blatently took the guy down while he was away from the puck.. it was SUCH an obvious noncall

how do they NOT call that, but call Cullen for that weak ass hold in the final minute

and are you serious with this "premature goaltending substitution" BS.. if you're not going to even penalize it, don't call it
that was kubina without the stick.
& the player did have the puck when he pushed him from behind.
he later then pushed the player with the puck out of the zone so they would be offside.
It wasnt an obvious call.

& Cullen did delay Pohl to getting to the puck. If Cullen hadnt held him up for that fraction of a second, Pohl would have gotten to the puck first. But Cullen held him off & went around him.
That's going to get called. It always does, & it always will.

& everyone knows about the premature goalie subsitution.
You have to be 10 feet to your bench, & when Lundqvist wasn't. It isn't a penalty, the faceoff is just taken to the centre.
So why shouldnt they call it? Because it was against the Rangers?
Why do the call offsides, if no one is going to get penalized?
Why do they ever blow the whistle, if a player isnt going to be penalized?

Canadian89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 12:43 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i saw it on FSNY, and i thought i was the only one who cringed.. the Leafs seemed to be fine with it, moreso out of politeness probably, but i had to change the channel..
Yeah that was tough to take. I saw the Rangers play Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa twice and Vancouver last season and he nailed the Canadian anthem every time. I was a little excited when we actually got to see the anthems on TV because they don't show them anymore but watching Johnny struggle like that was brutal. He still did a solid job with the star-spangled banner but hopefully it was just a one-time mistake.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 04:07 PM
chosen

Quote:
oh please.. i have nothing to gain by bashing malik. i even bashed jagr

he sucked last night, he was caught out of position so many times (which is the usual).. and he stopped hustling on one play where the guy beat him to the puck and made a scoring chance, not only did he stop hustling but once the guy passed him, he practically stopped skating
Rangers score 1 goal and Malik is the central problem worth singling out from the game? We are looking for Ortmeyer to score now because he had one good offensive game. That's how desperate we are for offensive production. He won't get 50 goals in his entire career and we are looking towards him. Pathetic.

You would be screaming if Malik had deflected it in instead of Ward. Because it wasn't Malik everyone isn't screaming about it. Why no consistency from fans on these sorts of things? Because minds are made up before the game is even played.

Malik played better than Ward and that is totally disregarding the Ward deflection.