HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Official GDT 1/31/07: Toronto Maple Leafs @ New York Rangers, 7:30pm

Old
01-31-2007, 10:56 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post
I hate the Leafs. 4-1 Rangers
New moderator? If so, Hello! lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:17 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?team=nyr

Good little gameday stats.

Oh, and i hope to god that the Rangers are wearing the traditional jersey and not the third tonight. I wanna see an Original 6 game look like one.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:42 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i can see the rangers being fired up for this one. we were embarassed beyond belief the last time we played em, i can see us really pining for revenge.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 11:50 AM
McDonagh27

There's no team I hate more as a Canadian than the Leafs.. If the Rangers play they're game, we should win. The Leafs are no better than the Bruins IMO. Raycroft is WAY too inconsistent to be called a #1 goalie.. He's playing more like a #1A right now... Every goalie has his hot stretches, heck, even Weekes has em once in a while..

Speaking of Weekes, do any Leaf fans want Weekes for Antropov?

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:00 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Michal Rozsival's left knee (MCL) sprain will keep him out of tonight's game against the Leafs, but coach Tom Renney expects him back Saturday in Tampa. He injured the knee in the second period against Boston and left the game. He was doing upper body work during practice.

As mentioned in today's story in the paper, Thomas Pock--a healthy scratch for the last two games--- will take his place.

The semi-surprise is that Colton Orr will dress, and although Renney did not specifically name him,Ryan Hollweg will sit. "There's a player who needs a rest," Renney said after preactice. Hollweg was the last skater out on the ice, long after the other players had left. But he indicated that Hollweg still had a major role with the team.

So, it appears Orr will play with Hall and Krog on the fourth line and provide some muscle against what promises to be a very physical effort from the Leafs, who hit everything in sight in a 4-1 defeat of Carolina last night.

The defense pairings:

Tyutin-Girardi
Ward-Malik
Rachunek-Pock
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?team=nyr

Good little gameday stats.

Oh, and i hope to god that the Rangers are wearing the traditional jersey and not the third tonight. I wanna see an Original 6 game look like one.
The Rangers usually wear the traditional whenever they play the O6. I just want to see the regular jersey again because they have wore the 3rd jersey for the past few home games.

This is another big game. We played great monday but it was the Bruins, so we need to keep up with the solid effort against the Leafs.

Are there any defensive changes for tonight?

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
There's no team I hate more as a Canadian than the Leafs.. If the Rangers play they're game, we should win. The Leafs are no better than the Bruins IMO. Raycroft is WAY too inconsistent to be called a #1 goalie.. He's playing more like a #1A right now... Every goalie has his hot stretches, heck, even Weekes has em once in a while..

Speaking of Weekes, do any Leaf fans want Weekes for Antropov?
The Leafs don't need another goaltender since they intend of using Raycroft in almost every remaining game

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
More Bad News

I think its a really important for a real deep breath here because its not quite gone as he had hoped and myself, Renney said. But hes a very valuable part of our team, lets leave it at that. He just needs a break. Hey Renney its nice u wanna give Hollweg a rest, but what about Malik, he has made some mistakes, and still u continue to put him in the lineup. If ur gonna scratch Hollweg, u might as well scratch Malik, Hall and Krog.

While Hollweg does need a break why do it against a gritty Leafs team. Why not scratch Hall or Krog. At least Hollweg hits, we can use his hitting tonight. Especailly when they have Tucker running at people, and Belak and Ondrus.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Orr in, Hollweg out Now Renney will just roll 3 lines

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
I think its a really important for a real deep breath here because its not quite gone as he had hoped and myself, Renney said. But hes a very valuable part of our team, lets leave it at that. He just needs a break. Hey Renney its nice u wanna give Hollweg a rest, but what about Malik, he has made some mistakes, and still u continue to put him in the lineup. If ur gonna scratch Hollweg, u might as well scratch Malik, Hall and Krog.

While Hollweg does need a break why do it against a gritty Leafs team. Why not scratch Hall or Krog. At least Hollweg hits, we can use his hitting tonight. Especailly when they have Tucker running at people, and Belak and Ondrus.

Tucker is out indefinitely...

...and maybe for Hollweg, its good for him to take a breather and see the game from a different perspective... friend of mine (a pro hockey player) was injured and actually watched a game from the nose-bleed section... he said it was very enlightning, especially in the areas of positioning, break-outs and coverage...

anyone know who else, besides Hollweg and Roszival, is scratched?

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:55 PM
b0mBa

ill be there in 333 wearing a red ranger jersey

b0mBa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Screaming Banshee

I know Girardi's parents were driving to NYC to catch the game tonight.

As much as I love the Leafs, I hope Dan can get his first point with his first home game tonight.

Screaming Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

After reading alot of previews of the game tonight, it seems like we should expect to see a much more physical Leafs team, than in the past few games. They played that physical style last night and came away with the W, maybe they will be tired tonight, maybe they wont, the key is going to be getting the puck deep in the zone and out working them. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
SML

[QUOTE=AHall18NYR;7858853]I think its a really important for a real deep breath here because its not quite gone as he had hoped and myself, Renney said. But hes a very valuable part of our team, lets leave it at that. He just needs a break.

[url]http://rangers.lohudblogs.com

@#(_*$&$^*^(^@%@$@# Renney! You #&^$)%^_)(& !! You want a break? I'l give you a break &#^$%%(*(!!

Unbelieveable. Team Jello is officially beginning. Soft as they come.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers View Post
I hate the Leafs. 4-1 Rangers
Let's hope so man. I too hate the Leafs.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:14 PM
dave4

Hopefully the Rangers circled this night right after they got home from Toronto. They should have no problem coming out fired up after the last game. I think they'll take it to the Leafs pretty good tonight.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:18 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

1 - 0, 6 - 0, 6 -5, I don't care what the score is. Just get those 2 points!

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:18 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Must suck being A. Ward tonight, he gets a boat anchor for a partner tonight.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:27 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Must suck being A. Ward tonight, he gets a boat anchor for a partner tonight.
Isnt he skating with Pock??? I wouldnt concider Pock a anchor of any sort, Malik well...

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:32 PM
OvechkinDomination*

Quote:

Tucker is injured and Ondrus is on the farm team.

I bet Belak & Orr will go at it again.

OvechkinDomination* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:36 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Lets Go Rangers!! I'll Be There!

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 02:56 PM
dank

i dont think that there is much wrong with sitting Hollweg for a game or so..

he is a great player, and you can tell how i feel about him by my avatar, but some players need a break to re-charge..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 03:11 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
i dont think that there is much wrong with sitting Hollweg for a game or so..

he is a great player, and you can tell how i feel about him by my avatar, but some players need a break to re-charge..
No there's nothing wrong with that, Hollweg is probably a little burnt out. My problem with the move is that Orr gets in the lineup instead of Ward. This team needs to roll 4 lines(look at last year and the last 2 games) to be successful and with Orr in the lineup, it obviously can't happen.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 03:12 PM
WheresBarnaby

We need this one tonight, gotta keep steam rolling ahead!! There's proabably no other team we need to give a good beating to than the ML...well, except for the Islanders of course, and the Thrashers too, but anway, one thing at a time. We need another one tonight, the friggin Islanders got another point last night.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Dagorloth

Quote:

If you're worried about the Leafs grit, worry about Chad Kilger. There's a reason why he leads the Leafs in hits. The guy averages about 15 minutes a game and spends most of it causing turnovers because he keeps slamming people into the boards.

Dagorloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2007, 03:41 PM
lotus

rangers win by 5 in one way shape or form. Jagr dominates and Prucha cleans up. Malik falls over backwards leading to an odd man rush.

gogorangersgogo

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote