HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

the issue of callups

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 11:45 AM
DEBASER

vCash: 500
the issue of callups

i was just speculating about the demotion of hossa and hainsey, and i began to wonder if demoting them after 20 games was Gainey's plan from the beginning.

Think about it - next year, as we all know, there will be many vacant forward spots up for grabs after the vets contracts expire (dackel, juneau, perrault, sundstrom, audette possibly, hopefully bought out). Replacing 5 vets with 5 rookies with no NHL experience is suicide. perhaps gainey is planning to call up different prospects over the course of the season so they at least have a taste of it before they compete for full time jobs next year.

for fun, i'm going to predict that at the 40-50 game mark, gainey makes another internal roster move, demoting daigenais and calling up higgins and/or plekanek.

Old
12-01-2003, 11:57 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBASER
Think about it - next year, as we all know, there will be many vacant forward spots up for grabs after the vets contracts expire (dackel, juneau, perrault, sundstrom, audette possibly, hopefully bought out). Replacing 5 vets with 5 rookies with no NHL experience is suicide. perhaps gainey is planning to call up different prospects over the course of the season so they at least have a taste of it before they compete for full time jobs next year.
I have a feeling BG hasn't look that far ahead yet. Although your theory is an interesting one.

Old
12-01-2003, 12:15 PM
NYR1084

Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Hey

I wanted to write this earlier on but I was home for Thanksgiving, and ignore the computer while I am home. My brother had called home to talk to the family, wish them well, etc. I talked to him for a little bit, but nothing big. Later, my dad and I were talking, and he said that Chris' agent had talked to Gainey, and they had discussed bringing Chris up back to Montreal. I guess it was a serious consideration, but Gainey said that Chris was playing well in Hamilton, and they wanted to keep him there for the time being.

I dont know what the future(this season) holds for Chris, but apparently they are keeping a eye on him and his play. Dont have anything else to report, but Ill report it if I here anything else.

Take care

Kev

Old
12-01-2003, 12:44 PM
Gainey RULZ

Send a message via MSN to Gainey RULZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

I wanted to write this earlier on but I was home for Thanksgiving, and ignore the computer while I am home. My brother had called home to talk to the family, wish them well, etc. I talked to him for a little bit, but nothing big. Later, my dad and I were talking, and he said that Chris' agent had talked to Gainey, and they had discussed bringing Chris up back to Montreal. I guess it was a serious consideration, but Gainey said that Chris was playing well in Hamilton, and they wanted to keep him there for the time being.

I dont know what the future(this season) holds for Chris, but apparently they are keeping a eye on him and his play. Dont have anything else to report, but Ill report it if I here anything else.

Take care

Kev
WOW ! thanks Kev

I think he will replace Juneau who is injured (minor)

Old
12-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Hey Kev, thx for the update!

Keep us posted on yourself and, of course, your famous brother. There are alot of us who believe in him (and in you )!

Old
12-01-2003, 12:59 PM
habitants9_4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

Take care

Kev
I must agree that Higgins has been doing so well in Hamilton, and taking on any role that comes his way. He has been good on the 2nd PK unit and has done a very good job reducing the PP goals against. Even strength he has been very good, and every game he shows more potential, and more skill. He has done well in every game I have seen except the first one. I think he needs to play in Hamilton for the season though, he is sort of ready, but I would rather have an offensive top 6 forward in the future, rather than a defensive type guy or a role guy on the 3rd or 4th line.

My one complaint has been on the PP, I hope he can eventually start producing a little more on the PP. But it is great to see him doing so well. I think he will win the rookie of the month award by the end of the year. But I believe they should call up Plekanec before anyone, he is just the most ready of them all.

I hope I can continue to see Chris in Hamilton, at least for the near future, he seems to be improving really well. The ice-time helps.

Old
12-01-2003, 01:01 PM
NYR1084

Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Hey

No problem guys. I enjoy posting here when I can.

Take care

Kev

Old
12-01-2003, 01:03 PM
Corey

I agree that Plekanec should be called up at some point. However, the Habs have too many centers, and Perreault is playing at LW. Mybe there will be more than one injury (Koivu's knee acting up, for example, and one other).

Old
12-01-2003, 07:40 PM
Marchy79

Though I like to see where the youth are in terms of true development... A player like Dagenais is dangerous to bring up... If he is playing at his true potential, it would be difficult to send him down as he could be picked off of waivers (as goes with some of the other guys as well)... I could see this call up being a double edged sword really... If he plays well, he could stick around, and potentially, some one will eventually have to go down to Hamilton... Or if he's not ready, he could be had... On the third wild card hand, he could potentially be a shade under NHL talent... and ready for next year to pop 25 (as his scoring talent MAY indicate)... So St. Bo will definately have to tread lightly on Dag's position with the team.

Old
12-01-2003, 07:46 PM
habsfan19

thanks dude

its probably for the best that your bro plays in Hamilton this season to get a year of pro hockey under his belt

as long as he keeps playing like he is he'll crack the Habs lineup eventually, he better be there next season
maybe this one if Habs make trades or don't go anywhere

Old
12-02-2003, 03:18 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Though I like to see where the youth are in terms of true development... A player like Dagenais is dangerous to bring up... If he is playing at his true potential, it would be difficult to send him down as he could be picked off of waivers (as goes with some of the other guys as well)... I could see this call up being a double edged sword really... If he plays well, he could stick around, and potentially, some one will eventually have to go down to Hamilton...
I'm sure we can send Audette down for a permanent 'conditioning' stint.

Old
12-02-2003, 05:42 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
If Higgins play all the season with the Bulldogs, we are in the very trouble and going to fight for the Ovechkin derby! We desesperatly need his skills, grit, speed, scoring touch, GREAT TALENT!

Higgins would be our better foward with Koivu! Nothingless!

Plecanek , you have such a talent to write drama stuff ...are you a soap tv writer on your real life or a writer of '' photo-roman '' ?

Old
12-06-2003, 06:59 AM
higgs88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
If Higgins play all the season with the Bulldogs, we are in the very trouble and going to fight for the Ovechkin derby! We desesperatly need his skills, grit, speed, scoring touch, GREAT TALENT!

Higgins would be our better foward with Koivu! Nothingless!
I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless Chris Higgins

Old
12-06-2003, 07:54 AM
Maithz

vCash:
I was watching Bulldogs 3 weeks ago and I was very surprised byt hte skills of Chris , he was the best Bulldogs player , with Perezhogin and Plekanec , it was a beautiful line to see , great passes , good shot , great offensive skills , Chris Higgins is very unnderrated all over the league .

Closed Thread