HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

the issue of callups

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-01-2003, 11:45 AM
  #1
DEBASER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
the issue of callups

i was just speculating about the demotion of hossa and hainsey, and i began to wonder if demoting them after 20 games was Gainey's plan from the beginning.

Think about it - next year, as we all know, there will be many vacant forward spots up for grabs after the vets contracts expire (dackel, juneau, perrault, sundstrom, audette possibly, hopefully bought out). Replacing 5 vets with 5 rookies with no NHL experience is suicide. perhaps gainey is planning to call up different prospects over the course of the season so they at least have a taste of it before they compete for full time jobs next year.

for fun, i'm going to predict that at the 40-50 game mark, gainey makes another internal roster move, demoting daigenais and calling up higgins and/or plekanek.

DEBASER is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 11:57 AM
  #2
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBASER
Think about it - next year, as we all know, there will be many vacant forward spots up for grabs after the vets contracts expire (dackel, juneau, perrault, sundstrom, audette possibly, hopefully bought out). Replacing 5 vets with 5 rookies with no NHL experience is suicide. perhaps gainey is planning to call up different prospects over the course of the season so they at least have a taste of it before they compete for full time jobs next year.
I have a feeling BG hasn't look that far ahead yet. Although your theory is an interesting one.

Darz is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 12:15 PM
  #3
NYR1084
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Hey

I wanted to write this earlier on but I was home for Thanksgiving, and ignore the computer while I am home. My brother had called home to talk to the family, wish them well, etc. I talked to him for a little bit, but nothing big. Later, my dad and I were talking, and he said that Chris' agent had talked to Gainey, and they had discussed bringing Chris up back to Montreal. I guess it was a serious consideration, but Gainey said that Chris was playing well in Hamilton, and they wanted to keep him there for the time being.

I dont know what the future(this season) holds for Chris, but apparently they are keeping a eye on him and his play. Dont have anything else to report, but Ill report it if I here anything else.


Take care

Kev

NYR1084 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 12:44 PM
  #4
Gainey RULZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal (St-Hubert)
Country: Canada
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Gainey RULZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

I wanted to write this earlier on but I was home for Thanksgiving, and ignore the computer while I am home. My brother had called home to talk to the family, wish them well, etc. I talked to him for a little bit, but nothing big. Later, my dad and I were talking, and he said that Chris' agent had talked to Gainey, and they had discussed bringing Chris up back to Montreal. I guess it was a serious consideration, but Gainey said that Chris was playing well in Hamilton, and they wanted to keep him there for the time being.

I dont know what the future(this season) holds for Chris, but apparently they are keeping a eye on him and his play. Dont have anything else to report, but Ill report it if I here anything else.


Take care

Kev
WOW ! thanks Kev

I think he will replace Juneau who is injured (minor)

Gainey RULZ is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 12:45 PM
  #5
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Hey Kev, thx for the update!

Keep us posted on yourself and, of course, your famous brother. There are alot of us who believe in him (and in you )!

Dutchy is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 12:59 PM
  #6
habitants9_4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabFan1084
Hey

I wanted to write this earlier on but I was home for Thanksgiving, and ignore the computer while I am home. My brother had called home to talk to the family, wish them well, etc. I talked to him for a little bit, but nothing big. Later, my dad and I were talking, and he said that Chris' agent had talked to Gainey, and they had discussed bringing Chris up back to Montreal. I guess it was a serious consideration, but Gainey said that Chris was playing well in Hamilton, and they wanted to keep him there for the time being.

I dont know what the future(this season) holds for Chris, but apparently they are keeping a eye on him and his play. Dont have anything else to report, but Ill report it if I here anything else.


Take care

Kev
I must agree that Higgins has been doing so well in Hamilton, and taking on any role that comes his way. He has been good on the 2nd PK unit and has done a very good job reducing the PP goals against. Even strength he has been very good, and every game he shows more potential, and more skill. He has done well in every game I have seen except the first one. I think he needs to play in Hamilton for the season though, he is sort of ready, but I would rather have an offensive top 6 forward in the future, rather than a defensive type guy or a role guy on the 3rd or 4th line.

My one complaint has been on the PP, I hope he can eventually start producing a little more on the PP. But it is great to see him doing so well. I think he will win the rookie of the month award by the end of the year. But I believe they should call up Plekanec before anyone, he is just the most ready of them all.

I hope I can continue to see Chris in Hamilton, at least for the near future, he seems to be improving really well. The ice-time helps.

habitants9_4 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 01:01 PM
  #7
NYR1084
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR1084
Hey


No problem guys. I enjoy posting here when I can.



Take care

Kev

NYR1084 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 01:03 PM
  #8
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
I agree that Plekanec should be called up at some point. However, the Habs have too many centers, and Perreault is playing at LW. Mybe there will be more than one injury (Koivu's knee acting up, for example, and one other).

Corey is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 07:40 PM
  #9
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Though I like to see where the youth are in terms of true development... A player like Dagenais is dangerous to bring up... If he is playing at his true potential, it would be difficult to send him down as he could be picked off of waivers (as goes with some of the other guys as well)... I could see this call up being a double edged sword really... If he plays well, he could stick around, and potentially, some one will eventually have to go down to Hamilton... Or if he's not ready, he could be had... On the third wild card hand, he could potentially be a shade under NHL talent... and ready for next year to pop 25 (as his scoring talent MAY indicate)... So St. Bo will definately have to tread lightly on Dag's position with the team.

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
12-01-2003, 07:46 PM
  #10
habsfan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
thanks dude

its probably for the best that your bro plays in Hamilton this season to get a year of pro hockey under his belt

as long as he keeps playing like he is he'll crack the Habs lineup eventually, he better be there next season
maybe this one if Habs make trades or don't go anywhere

habsfan19 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 03:18 AM
  #11
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Though I like to see where the youth are in terms of true development... A player like Dagenais is dangerous to bring up... If he is playing at his true potential, it would be difficult to send him down as he could be picked off of waivers (as goes with some of the other guys as well)... I could see this call up being a double edged sword really... If he plays well, he could stick around, and potentially, some one will eventually have to go down to Hamilton...
I'm sure we can send Audette down for a permanent 'conditioning' stint.

Darz is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 05:42 AM
  #12
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
If Higgins play all the season with the Bulldogs, we are in the very trouble and going to fight for the Ovechkin derby! We desesperatly need his skills, grit, speed, scoring touch, GREAT TALENT!

Higgins would be our better foward with Koivu! Nothingless!


Plecanek , you have such a talent to write drama stuff ...are you a soap tv writer on your real life or a writer of '' photo-roman '' ?

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 06:59 AM
  #13
higgs88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal,Qc
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
If Higgins play all the season with the Bulldogs, we are in the very trouble and going to fight for the Ovechkin derby! We desesperatly need his skills, grit, speed, scoring touch, GREAT TALENT!

Higgins would be our better foward with Koivu! Nothingless!
I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!
God Bless Chris Higgins

higgs88 is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 07:54 AM
  #14
Maithz
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
I was watching Bulldogs 3 weeks ago and I was very surprised byt hte skills of Chris , he was the best Bulldogs player , with Perezhogin and Plekanec , it was a beautiful line to see , great passes , good shot , great offensive skills , Chris Higgins is very unnderrated all over the league .

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.