HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Next 4 games

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2007, 12:07 PM
gobolt7

vCash: 500
Next 4 games

@ Carolina
New York Rangers
L.A. Kings
@ New York Rangers

3 games against teams within 2 points of us in the standings, and a game against an ex goalie that we should win. These next 4 games have the potential to make or break our season, in my opinion.

Old
01-31-2007, 02:30 PM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
I don't think you can label any of the next four "easy". The Kings (I watch pretty much all of their games) are a decent team that you can't count out. They have Kopitar, Frolov, etc. Their goaltending has sucked, but if Homer/Denis lets in a few goals I think that they could pull the upset. Carolina is always tough, and we had to pull a miracle to beat NYR last time.

Old
01-31-2007, 04:36 PM
gobolt7

None of them will be easy, but if there was ever a time where we could use a long winning streak (without the opposition getting points) this would be that time.

Old
01-31-2007, 04:51 PM
Hockeyfan02

I would be very happy to win 3 out of 4 with no OT (ok, going to OT with LA would be fine). They MUST clean up their effort from last night though for that to happen. This is a great opportunity to separate themselves from the dogfight for the 8th spot. They need to get all the points they can get before that seven game road trip in March.

Old
01-31-2007, 05:49 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Last season around this time I figured, and posted here by the way, that 92 points would get them in. As luck (and my pure brilliance) would have it, I was right. I have been studying the remaining schedules of the top 12 or so teams in the conference and my official prediction this season is 95 points for the 8 seed (purely UNscientific on my part so please don't ask me how I arrived at that number). This leaves very little room for error. That means, if I'm correct, the Bolts must get 39 points in the remaining 30 games. Not a terribly difficult position to be in but not the easiest either. I agree with Mike (Administrator???) that the next 4 games are crucial but to me the make or break part of the schedule is March 1st through the 13th. 6 road games in 12 nights, 3 against the Western Conference with a very difficult back to back with Vancouver and Edmonton and a trip into Calgary for good measure (I'm sure we will be received well by the Flames fans). The trip ends in Toronto. That trip will be monumental in the playoff run and, IMHO, will either put them over the top as far as the playoff picture, or it will destroy their season. The schedule after the next 4 games (really 5 with the Devils on Feb. 11) is probably the easiest part (if there is an easy part) of the season with a couple against Florida, one against the Devils (yawn)Caps, Pens (who we own), Yotes (at home), Thrash, Bruins and Stars (whom we always seem to play well against). Then that monster road trip. My sincere hope is that they pile up points between now and March 1st (a possible 26 points) so that road trip doesn't seem so brutal. But the whole shebang starts with the next 4 (or 5), and they are a very tough next 4 (or 5).

And please, before any fans of any teams come in here and trash me for saying their team appears in what I call an easy part of the schedule because their team is great and not an easy win, save it, I am not flaming your team, just pointing out a fairly good spot in the schedule for the Lightning. Thank you all.

Old
01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
I agree with Mike (Administrator???) that the next 4 games are crucial.
Guilty as charged.

Old
02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltaford View Post
None of them will be easy, but if there was ever a time where we could use a long winning streak (without the opposition getting points) this would be that time.
Wishful thinking? Maybe LA, as long as they have the Dynamic Duo. Hmmm...

Closed Thread