HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is there any team that would trade their top goalie for the Kings 1st rounder?

Old
02-01-2007, 12:11 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
That being said, get ready to see Dan Cloutier and Jason Labarbera a lot next season.
Why not look for a UFA trying to prove himself as a #1 for $1-2M? The "Legace" of 2007. Lababera probably won't be good enough to start, although he may be good enough to send Cloutier into a back up role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
I mentioned that may be we can send it to Ottawa for something like Emery+Volchenkov+Ottawa's 1st. Crazy?
Yes --> crazy. Ottawa's not giving up this season or next for any prospect. All the contracts for the star players expire next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsforever View Post
there is no way ottawa touches that deal, emery is their number 1(they have no confidence in gerber) and volchenkov has been their best defenseman
Gerber's been alright. He was good for 7 games (.917), went down in flames in 5 straight games (.843) and has rebounded (.917) in his last 8 games. The big problem now is how rarely Murray plays him. He looks like Bambi on ice at the start of every game and starts looking more capable and confident as the game wears on.

BTW, how did Lababera not end up getting involved in this deal? Acquiring Cloutier made him redundent and Vancouver looks like they could still use a competent back up goalie.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
the best place to get a top flight goalie is always in Montreal, how about Abiesher for the 1st pick.

Quattro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Puffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I would hope that Sean Burke, at the age of 40, will be considered to be signed. Because him at his age is a lot more stable than anyone we saw in net this season. I wouldn't mind him splitting time with LaBarbera. Just abandon Cloutier to the minors until he gets his s#!t together.
Agree 100%

Puffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Why not look for a UFA trying to prove himself as a #1 for $1-2M? The "Legace" of 2007.
It definitely not a buyer's market for goaltending this offseason in free agency...i'd put more stock in the possibility of Cloutier rebounding than one of the avaliable goalies exceeding expectations.

i know...blashphemy for some to hear...but for those who are unaffected by the emotions of watching "beach ball 2007" ruin our season, its truthful expectations

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Shootmaster_44

Here's my take on this whole situation. I say re-sign both Garon and Burke this off-season, put Cloutier on waivers and bring in Labarbera. Since both Burke and Labarbera were willing to go to the AHL this season, one of them would be willing to go to Manchester and mentor Fukufuji and Brust. I would think Burke may be willing to be that guy. The one caveat in all this is whether Burke is intending to play next season or whether he will retire in the off-season.

What will the minors look like next season as far as goalies go? Are any of the college kids going to be in the system? Regardless of what happens as far as Garon/Labarbera/Cloutier/Burke goes, I think the Kings will have to send one of them to the AHL. So that means Fukufuji or Brust ends up in Reading. I assume Danny Taylor will move up to Reading next season, so does one or more of the college kids end up in Bakersfield?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 04:21 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
the best place to get a top flight goalie is always in Montreal, how about Abiesher for the 1st pick.
The Habs gonna throw Price in the deal as well? In other words, **** no!

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 04:26 PM
VisionQuest*

<clears throat>

Once again.

This team, does not need a goalie for 07-08.

Please, please please understand it.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote