HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

I got a question for all you Cat fans...

Old
02-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I got a question for all you Cat fans...

I suggested this trade in one of our threads on the Oiler board, and EVERY SINGLE POSTER RIPPED ME FOR IT! I didn't think it was a bad offer, in fact I questioned more so why the Panthers would do it as opposed to it being that bad for the Oilers, but they thought it was the most ridiculous trade offer ever and in no way would the Panthers turn that down because the guy comming back is APPARENTLY worth NOTHING....here it is:
To Edm: Mike Van Ryn
To Fla: Raffi Torres, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Brad Winchester, a 1st round pick in 08 and a 3rd round pick in 07.

I get from our side that it's an overpayment, but why the freakin heck would you guys deal him??? He's a beauty top 4 d-man with a sweetheart contract who's still only 27 years old. IMO you have to knock someone's socks off to get a deal done, combined with the fact that I don't believe you guys are very deep in the organization on the blueline. I think it's fair, but I don't think it's far off, let me know what you think, PLEASE!

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 03:48 AM
39ontheline

sold

39ontheline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Rope

You are giving too much so we will take it.

To Fla: Raffi Torres, Marc-Andre Bergeron, and a 3rd round pick in 07.

This still may be giving too much but with Van Ryn's contract this would fly in my books.

Rope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Acadmus

Umm, Van Ryn for Torres and a 3rd would be fair. Van Ryn is good, but not a dominant player by any stretch of the imagination.

Only problem in this deal is the Panthers don't have a replacement for Van Ryn, so it couldn't happen.

Sorry to tell you, but even from a Panthers fan's perspective, you deserved to have your fellow Oil fans rip you for that one.

02-06-2007, 12:04 AM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
Umm, Van Ryn for Torres and a 3rd would be fair. Van Ryn is good, but not a dominant player by any stretch of the imagination.

Only problem in this deal is the Panthers don't have a replacement for Van Ryn, so it couldn't happen.

Sorry to tell you, but even from a Panthers fan's perspective, you deserved to have your fellow Oil fans rip you for that one.
That's why I overpaid so huge is because the Panthers don't have a replacement for him....also why I had Bergeron in my package so he could be a bit of a replacement. I kept saying it when this was being discussed, when a team has zero reason to deal a player you have to give them a package they can't say no to, I think it is, and I also think Van Ryn given more minutes could become a top 2 guy. I've watched a lot of Panther games this year and I don't see a hole in the guys game....not that he's the BEST at everything either, just that he does everything well and with more minutes and maybe the right d partner he could take another step.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Acadmus

When I say we have no replacement, I mean Martin Lojek is our top prospect, and it's doubtful he will ever become an NHL caliber defenseman. Good positioning, but reviews on his skating seem to describe him as moving in slow-motion. We'd be up s***-creek without a paddle if we trade any of our dmen without getting one back.

Acadmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:47 AM
TeNeIghtY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
I suggested this trade in one of our threads on the Oiler board, and EVERY SINGLE POSTER RIPPED ME FOR IT! I didn't think it was a bad offer, in fact I questioned more so why the Panthers would do it as opposed to it being that bad for the Oilers, but they thought it was the most ridiculous trade offer ever and in no way would the Panthers turn that down because the guy comming back is APPARENTLY worth NOTHING....here it is:
To Edm: Mike Van Ryn
To Fla: Raffi Torres, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Brad Winchester, a 1st round pick in 08 and a 3rd round pick in 07.

I get from our side that it's an overpayment, but why the freakin heck would you guys deal him??? He's a beauty top 4 d-man with a sweetheart contract who's still only 27 years old. IMO you have to knock someone's socks off to get a deal done, combined with the fact that I don't believe you guys are very deep in the organization on the blueline. I think it's fair, but I don't think it's far off, let me know what you think, PLEASE!
?!?!!?!?!?

Van Ryn for Bergeron & Winchester is a fair deal

TeNeIghtY is offline   Reply With Quote