HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

02/01 - Kings vs BlackHawks @ Staples Center

Old
02-02-2007, 01:50 AM
bland

vCash: 500
I'm not even concerned about the limited point production.

My beef with Brown is the complete lack of a team game. It isn't reasonable to expect him to be putting up 60-70 point seasons yet, but it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the way he plays along the boards, the constant turnovers, the inability to make himself available to give or receive passes cleanly, shying away from traffic areas, and just plain old decision making in general. These are the areas he has not progressed in.

The numbers may be on a slight incline, but his play away from the puck is just as amateurish as the day he set foot in the NHL.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 02:23 AM
Osprey

I wouldn't mind seeing him demoted to the 3rd line for a few games. Give his spot to Lundmark to see if any of Jamie's once-great potential comes out while playing with Kopitar and O'Sullivan. If it doesn't, then maybe Brown will have gotten a little sense knocked into him.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Fishhead

Brown has some great moves, isn't afraid to drive to the net, can obviously hit, and has a really good shot.

Unfortunately, his hockey sense appears to be nearly non-existant. If that guy knew how to read a play, where to go, or where his teammates will be he would have a ton of points. Stuff like that can be taught, so I haven't completely lost hope for the guy, but he sure doesn't look like he's catching on. He looks completely lost 90% of the time.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote