HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Proposed Horton Trades Here

Old
02-05-2007, 08:31 PM
johano90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
To Florida: Christian Backman, Jeff Woywitka, Jason Bacashihua.

To St. Louis: Nathan Horton.

Florida gets a solid NHL defenseman and an NHL-ready defense prospect, and a goaltender that can step right in. Backman is 26, Bacashihua 24, Woywitka 23. Backman's contract is reasonable. All are former first-round picks.

Backman - Bouwmeester - Van Ryn sounds pretty good as a 1-2-3 on defense to me...

P_B

Ummm no. I think Bouwmeester is light years ahead of Backman. I know he's the best defenceman you guys got, and I feel sorry for your organization. But that trade would be a travesty, at least in my very humble opinion.

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometimesugottorace View Post
Just throwing around idea's but what would you guys think about trading Horton to St. Louis for Backman,Bishop, and a 2nd rounder or petr Senja? thoughts? Backman is a proven and still improving puck moving defensman 25 years old also. Bishop Is a top notch goalie prospect who is dominating NCAA hockey for Maine
You'd give up Bishop? Surprising.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
To Florida: Christian Backman, Jeff Woywitka, Jason Bacashihua.

To St. Louis: Nathan Horton.

Florida gets a solid NHL defenseman and an NHL-ready defense prospect, and a goaltender that can step right in. Backman is 26, Bacashihua 24, Woywitka 23. Backman's contract is reasonable. All are former first-round picks.

Backman - Bouwmeester - Van Ryn sounds pretty good as a 1-2-3 on defense to me...

P_B

Sorry, not good enough. Substitute Cash for Bishop or Schwarz and we'd have something.

Old
02-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw
Sorry, not good enough. Substitute Cash for Bishop or Schwarz and we'd have something.
Schwarz is off the table.

Bishop is negotiable, but if Bishop is included in the deal instead of Bacashihua, Florida needs to add something to the return... be it a prospect, a mid-round pick, whatever.

Janis Sprukts?

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:44 AM
bleedgreen

i missed how this all started.

why is horton getting traded?

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:25 AM
SouthFLFan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
i missed how this all started.

why is horton getting traded?
he is not, there was a made up notion a team might try to sign him as a RFA which turned into "he must be unhappy talk" which turned into "panthers must trade him or else"

All because other teams might desire the young talent.

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Bigdaver

Send a message via Yahoo to Bigdaver
I cant believe you guys rate Horton so low.He is gonna be a great player in this league.Very shortsighted in my opinion.He is the future.

Bigdaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Schwarz is off the table.

Bishop is negotiable, but if Bishop is included in the deal instead of Bacashihua, Florida needs to add something to the return... be it a prospect, a mid-round pick, whatever.

Janis Sprukts?

P_B

I would gladly give you Sprukts if I was the GM.

Old
02-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaver View Post
I cant believe you guys rate Horton so low.He is gonna be a great player in this league.Very shortsighted in my opinion.He is the future.
Who's rated him low or said he's not very talented? He's apparently voiced his dipleasures publically, and most here are addressing how some of the blame for the team's woes fall on him. Lots of talent, but he's not been using it, which is why he's been benched and put on the 4th line.

02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
panthersownu

Send a message via AIM to panthersownu
Horton has nobody to set him up. If we can sign someone like Scott Gomez (i think he is a ufa) and have him play with Horton he should have no problem hitting 40 goals. He has a great shot but his moves are slow and predictable( that toe drag is pathetic). He has immense talent and is going to be a great player but he will not be able to do it on his own.

On a side note...

Horton and Weiss and a pick to Pittsburgh for either Jordan Stall or Evgeni Malkin... Horton playing along side Crosby would probably lead the league in goals and could protect him and Weiss is a poor mans Joe Sackic

panthersownu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Haj

vCash: 50
Horton needs to work on his shot release and make quicker decisions with the puck. Play him with Weiss and Olesz.

Haj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Horton needs to work on his shot release and make quicker decisions with the puck. Play him with Weiss and Olesz.
I hereby dub this the "Let me see some ID, son" line.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 03:56 PM
panthersownu

Send a message via AIM to panthersownu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I would say his shot release is a result of his inability to make quick decisions. He tries to wait for the perfect opportunity.

Players that need to develop need players who are developed to play along side of them. That will be a great line in maybe two years. But if we had a playmaking center like Gomez we would finally have a bonafide goal scorer in Horton. Does anyone think Gionta could score 40+ goals on a line with Jokinen and roberts/gratton? I don't. I would love to have Olesz and Horton on a line with Gomez

panthersownu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersownu View Post
Horton has nobody to set him up. If we can sign someone like Scott Gomez (i think he is a ufa) and have him play with Horton he should have no problem hitting 40 goals. He has a great shot but his moves are slow and predictable( that toe drag is pathetic). He has immense talent and is going to be a great player but he will not be able to do it on his own.

On a side note...

Horton and Weiss and a pick to Pittsburgh for either Jordan Stall or Evgeni Malkin... Horton playing along side Crosby would probably lead the league in goals and could protect him and Weiss is a poor mans Joe Sackic
That may or may not return Staal (doubtful) and for sure wouldn't return Malkin not even close.

Olesz+Horton+Frolik at least for Malkin, even Staal would be really hard to acquire, it's not going to happen.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:12 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnCzeSniper96 View Post
That may or may not return Staal (doubtful) and for sure wouldn't return Malkin not even close.

Olesz+Horton+Frolik at least for Malkin, even Staal would be really hard to acquire, it's not going to happen.
Staal would be very hard to acquire, but i wouldn't do Horton/Olesz for him. Giving up two potential 1st liners for a guy who has higher potential, but he is worth that package.

The Malkin deal, i agree, it would take a huge package. Bouwmeester + Weiss may get it done. Which i'd consider because i love Malkin . Of course, this kind of deal is never going to happen.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Commissar*

Send a message via AIM to Commissar*
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Staal would be very hard to acquire, but i wouldn't do Horton/Olesz for him. Giving up two potential 1st liners for a guy who has higher potential, but he is worth that package.

The Malkin deal, i agree, it would take a huge package. Bouwmeester + Weiss may get it done. Which i'd consider because i love Malkin . Of course, this kind of deal is never going to happen.
Trading Bouwmeester + Weiss for Malkin would be overdoing it. Bouwmeester is a franchise defenseman and Weiss is a great utility player. Plus, the Panthers have no defensive prospects in the system, and trading Jaybo won't happen without a defenseman in return, even for Malkin.

Commissar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:37 AM
dumpsathernow*

I'm a Horton fan but he hardly has shown franchise player skills. More likely he'll turn into a 35-40 player. Maybe 40-40 on a good year.

I'd offer from the Rangers

Montoya/Prucha/Rosival for Horton and a 2nd rounder

You can't win without a goalie. The simply fact is that other than the Rangers, there are no teams that have a young franchise goalie at the NHL level and another potential number 1 in the minors. You tried to get one back in Auld and it hasn't panned out. Prucha if he ever bulked up, will probably get you about 25-35 goals a year with solid defensive play. Rosival has had a good year and is still fairly young. However, with the Rangers defense prospects, he will be expendable sooner than later. At the worst, you could deal Rosival this or next year for picks and prospects. Teams are always looking for defenseman. I suspect you would keep him to give you a nice trio with Allen and Bouwmeester.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
I'm a Horton fan but he hardly has shown franchise player skills. More likely he'll turn into a 35-40 player. Maybe 40-40 on a good year.

I'd offer from the Rangers

Montoya/Prucha/Rosival for Horton and a 2nd rounder
As several of us have said before to this or similar proposals from the Rangers - DONE! Unfortunately, none of us are the GM.

02-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughExcuses View Post
As several of us have said before to this or similar proposals from the Rangers - DONE! Unfortunately, none of us are the GM.
Yes any trade in this fashion is a big yes for the Panthers. Not that I don't want to keep Horton, but the prospect of Montoya and also Prucha is enough to entice. No question the Panthers would benefit. And of course the Rangers would get a 2nd line RW power forward at just 21 years old.

Old
02-09-2007, 03:36 PM
xander

Take it with a HUUUUUGGGEEE grain of salt, but this website is reporting that florida and NY are discusing Horton and a second rounder for Montoya, Prucha, and Hollweg.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Take it with a HUUUUUGGGEEE grain of salt, but this website is reporting that florida and NY are discusing Horton and a second rounder for Montoya, Prucha, and Hollweg.
It's nice to see. Obviously it's all rumor and conjecture until something happens. I would not want to trade Horton. But if there really is no other choice (and arbitration will get us no where likely), then this is absolutely one of the best deals out there. Montoya is a serious goalie of the future, Prucha has the capability to be a nice sniper, and Hollweg would bring something they've missed ALL year, a tough agitator. Don't want to lose him, but if necessary, this could be for the best for the team.

Old
02-09-2007, 03:54 PM
xander

my view, as a ranger's fan, is the same.

I've been against moving Montoya in 95% of proposed deals, but if it's for Horton then I'm prepaired to pull the trigger, despite the fact that it leaves us painfully thin at the position after Lundqvist.

I also like Prucha, but he's not irreplaceable and he's a player that might benefit from changing locale.

The Rangers desperately need a young player with legitimate first line talent. Horton is that.

this is a deal, though expensive for both sides, that both teams can benefit from.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:08 PM
John Torturella

How good is Horton? What are his stats like?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Year Team GP G A Pts +/- PIM
2006-07 Florida 56 17 24 41 +6 51
2005-06 Florida 71 28 19 47 +8 89
2003-04 Florida 55 14 8 22 -5 57

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Huge grain of salt is right .. After this juicy quote:

Quote:
There are also still rumors that Vasicek is on the radar screen but that what Nashville wants they cannot afford to give.
And then Vasicek goes back to Carolina for Eric Belanger???

EDIT: And just for the record, trading Horton would be yet another in a LOOOOONNGGG string of piss-poor moves this franchise could make. 21 year old, prototypical power forward who has done nothing but improve on both sides of the puck year after year, improve his point totals every year, and is currently going through a slump, like most streaky, learning kids do. That would be the last straw in my book. Yes, we need a goalie .. NOT at the expense of one of our future stars.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote