HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I got this feeling...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
  #1
blueliner94
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
I got this feeling...

That just like at the begining of the season we are going to be waiting and waiting and nothing is going to happen no trades nothing big, nothing to help us. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand it says hey we have faith in our young guys and are really going to grow them up. On the other its like they are blind and don't see that this current team can not take us into the playoffs.

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:14 AM
  #2
Nich
Registered User
 
Nich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wantagh
Country: Croatia
Posts: 6,895
vCash: 500
good thing. rebuilding is better than tearing down

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
  #3
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
good thing. rebuilding is better than tearing down
Is it tearing down or is it really tearing up?

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:19 AM
  #4
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,379
vCash: 1140
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
That just like at the begining of the season we are going to be waiting and waiting and nothing is going to happen no trades nothing big, nothing to help us. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. On one hand it says hey we have faith in our young guys and are really going to grow them up. On the other its like they are blind and don't see that this current team can not take us into the playoffs.
It is DEFINITELY a good thing

I don't know if you heard the saying: "sometimes the best move is to make no moves at all"?

That saying is often true when you are a team that is rebuilding with youth. The Rangers are not going to with the Cup this year, I strongly doubt it. So if you trade the youth now for some 36 year old...it will hurt you next season.

The Rangers need to stick with the youth, as so far it is paying off. We made the playoffs last season, we will make the playoffs again this season and go further in the playoffs. Next season, we can consider actually going for the Cup!

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:21 AM
  #5
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
It is DEFINITELY a good thing

I don't know if you heard the saying: "sometimes the best move is to make no moves at all"?
That goes hand in hand with "if it aint broke dont fix it" - but this team is broken man.

Get Boyes. IM all for that and that alone.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
  #6
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
That goes hand in hand with "if it aint broke dont fix it" - but this team is broken man.

Get Boyes. IM all for that and that alone.
Who are you prepared to give up? Make a proposal.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
  #7
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Who are you prepared to give up? Make a proposal.
Montoya and Immonen For Boyes and Rask.

Slats will probably deal Montoya anyway for some garbage. A least get some youth back with it.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:30 AM
  #8
blueliner94
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Montoya and Immonen For Boyes and Rask.

Slats will probably deal Montoya anyway for some garbage. A least get some youth back with it.
Is Boyes any good in the center spot? Im not all to big on trading Montoya just yet. I think we could get alot more from him alone if we are patient enough. I would not mind seeing Dawes Immo

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
  #9
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Guys, there's already several proposal threads going, including one dedicated to Boyes. I'm going to close this it becomes a duplicate of something else here.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
  #10
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Guys, there's already several proposal threads going, including one dedicated to Boyes. I'm going to close this it becomes a duplicate of something else here.
Hey... he asked... he could have went and looked through the Boyes thread, its there. But your probably right.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
  #11
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
Is Boyes any good in the center spot? Im not all to big on trading Montoya just yet. I think we could get alot more from him alone if we are patient enough. I would not mind seeing Dawes Immo
Yes, check out the Boyes thread, we go into pretty good detail about him.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:42 AM
  #12
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
There is a big distance between trading the youth for over-the-hill vets and not making any trades. The medium is what makes a good GM. Sater is obviously is not the one. Most of his trades in the past were bad. Thus, it is better not to make any and stick to signing people in off season in which he was sorta ok in 2005 summer. In 2006 summer he did poorly even in that area. So here we are where we are... Sather has to hire a good GM to relieve himself from the job he is no longer able to do well and keep being only a NYR President if Dolan apparently values him so much.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:44 AM
  #13
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Standing pat and not making a move is probably the worst thing they could do. It's not as if they are playing in rebuiling in rebuilding mode by giving a lot of kids experience. Either go for it or trade for prospects. Right now they are in some kind of no mans land.

Choice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:48 AM
  #14
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
If they make a move toward Boyes or Horton, if he's really out there to be traded for. Then I say yes to that. If they're going to trade our youth, and picks for veteren players, then no way. If you can get younger, do it. If not, don't. Theres no way that some vets are going to steer this team to the cup, we're not even playoff bound right now.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
  #15
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
If they make a move toward Boyes or Horton, if he's really out there to be traded for. Then I say yes to that. If they're going to trade our youth, and picks for veteren players, then no way. If you can get younger, do it. If not, don't. Theres no way that some vets are going to steer this team to the cup, we're not even playoff bound right now.
My sentiments exactly.

The only deal i would be happy with involving Forsberg or another vet center would be a mid-level prospect or two that we arent impressed with. But thats not happening!

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
  #16
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Got the opposite feeling....I think the Rangers will make a move for a "decent" 2nd C and it will come way before the deadline becasue points are becoming precious..And I don't see them making any deals for kids, although I wouldn't mind them

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:16 PM
  #17
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Got the opposite feeling....I think the Rangers will make a move for a "decent" 2nd C and it will come way before the deadline becasue points are becoming precious..And I don't see them making any deals for kids, although I wouldn't mind them
It will most likely be a decent guy because there arent too many exceptional ones out there and the cost will be too steep.


But youre right, the sooner the better for this team. Now that theyve "found" a 3rd line, you would think they need to fix that 2nd line as quickly as possible.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:29 PM
  #18
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
It will most likely be a decent guy because there arent too many exceptional ones out there and the cost will be too steep.


But youre right, the sooner the better for this team. Now that theyve "found" a 3rd line, you would think they need to fix that 2nd line as quickly as possible.
Yep, we can't wait until the deadline and I'm thinking along the lines of Smolisnki, Stumpel (don't know what to think about Armstong)...

And any possible success of this team is being held hostage by the horrific 2nd line and BOTH Betts and Hossa playing there..

Aqiuire a 2nd C, call up Callahan and move down BOTH Betts and Hossa and you got a chance---up front..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
  #19
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Montoya and Immonen For Boyes and Rask.

Slats will probably deal Montoya anyway for some garbage. A least get some youth back with it.
Yeah, I saw this in the other thread. Not gonna happen. Why should it, looks like both teams are trading similar parts.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM
  #20
blueliner94
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
So say we lose 3 out of the 4 games coming up and nothing has been done. Is it worth getting anything at that point kinda like to little to late?

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 01:19 PM
  #21
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Got the opposite feeling....I think the Rangers will make a move for a "decent" 2nd C and it will come way before the deadline becasue points are becoming precious..And I don't see them making any deals for kids, although I wouldn't mind them
Same here...

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 01:36 PM
  #22
nyr__1994
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Central Jerz
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Not to oversimplify, but prospects are prospects because they're not yet good enough to play in the NHL. And the reality is, they may never be. Bobby Ryan and Drew Stafford may be the second coming of Cam Neely, but they could end up being busts like previous untouchables Alexei Smirnov and Barrett Heisten.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ade/index.html


Basically what he is saying is that a lot of 'top' prospects don't even make it to the NHL. Is Brandon Dubinsky guaranteed to be a 2nd line NHL center. No way. Does he have the potential? Yes he does.

I know this question has been asked before but here it is again: How much longer are you going to have two of the best goal scorers/players of all time on this team. You have this year and maybe next year with Jagr and Shanny. When you have a chance to add another player to that mix that is considered one of the best players in the world right now, I think you take that chance.

Prospects are assets, not every player that is drafted will don the red white and blue that is the Rangers sweater. Right now the brass is saying they have 6-8 players in Hartford that they beleive are NHL players. There is not that kind of room on our NHL roster, so some of these assets are going to have to be moved anyway. Why not make a push for Forsberg now?

nyr__1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 02:42 PM
  #23
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Got the opposite feeling....I think the Rangers will make a move for a "decent" 2nd C and it will come way before the deadline becasue points are becoming precious..And I don't see them making any deals for kids, although I wouldn't mind them
I really hope thats the case, because like I said in another thread, it's probably going to be too late by the trade deadline.

Choice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 02:48 PM
  #24
Tuxman
 
Tuxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr__1994 View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ade/index.html


Basically what he is saying is that a lot of 'top' prospects don't even make it to the NHL. Is Brandon Dubinsky guaranteed to be a 2nd line NHL center. No way. Does he have the potential? Yes he does.

I know this question has been asked before but here it is again: How much longer are you going to have two of the best goal scorers/players of all time on this team. You have this year and maybe next year with Jagr and Shanny. When you have a chance to add another player to that mix that is considered one of the best players in the world right now, I think you take that chance.

Prospects are assets, not every player that is drafted will don the red white and blue that is the Rangers sweater. Right now the brass is saying they have 6-8 players in Hartford that they beleive are NHL players. There is not that kind of room on our NHL roster, so some of these assets are going to have to be moved anyway. Why not make a push for Forsberg now?
i agree

Tuxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 03:03 PM
  #25
dave4
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr__1994 View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ade/index.html


Basically what he is saying is that a lot of 'top' prospects don't even make it to the NHL. Is Brandon Dubinsky guaranteed to be a 2nd line NHL center. No way. Does he have the potential? Yes he does.

I know this question has been asked before but here it is again: How much longer are you going to have two of the best goal scorers/players of all time on this team. You have this year and maybe next year with Jagr and Shanny. When you have a chance to add another player to that mix that is considered one of the best players in the world right now, I think you take that chance.

Prospects are assets, not every player that is drafted will don the red white and blue that is the Rangers sweater. Right now the brass is saying they have 6-8 players in Hartford that they beleive are NHL players. There is not that kind of room on our NHL roster, so some of these assets are going to have to be moved anyway. Why not make a push for Forsberg now?
I'm not necessarily against making a move of some kind, but not for Forsberg. No way. Whether we give up something of value or not, the man is a season-ending injury waiting to happen.

If he was healthy the Flyers would be signing him to an extension. The fact that they're willing to trade him tells you all you need to know about his foot.

It's OK to trade for a veteran for the right price. But a healthy veteran please.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.