HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Insert Is the Answer for Peter

Old
02-01-2007, 10:21 PM
ipayyou1000

vCash: 500
New Insert Is the Answer for Peter

He said this game was the BIG test and the games over and he did it. Says everything went fine still 10 times better. Look what he did tonight he dominated.

ipayyou1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 10:40 PM
BringBackStevens

I'm very torn on a re-sign or trade... right now i'm hoping this health keeps up and we just extend him

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
ArchieIsGod

well this thread can only lead to one thing...the skate will be an issue next game...the HF "jackson" jinx

ArchieIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 11:39 PM
Nordic*

I donŽt know peter Personally, but knowing you wonŽt find a more proud & honest player out there, heŽll sign for a very respectable sum if he does remain in the Philly organisation.

If I had to venture a guess, itŽll be... 3 000 000$ (1+1)....

Sound good?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2007, 11:44 PM
McNasty

I would say it'll cost 3-4 million so we agree there. I think they should give him 4M/year for 1 year with a team option for the 2nd year.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:14 AM
FlyersFanJS

3mil for 1 year or else trade him...let us not forget that while the skate issue may be resolved, he is still money to miss 10-20 games every season with some sort of injury anyway...the older he gets, the more injury prone he will be.

let him improve his play, become an attractive target and steal a 1st rounder and a few GOOD prospects for him then go after gomez/briere/drury/timonen/etc...

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 01:57 AM
ipayyou1000

i want peter

after watching the past two games theres no one else in the NHL i'd want for him. He's playing like a Crosby, Ovechkin...........oh wait he's playing like Forsberg. Are you watching the game i mean come on....LETS GO PETER we want you back

Old
02-02-2007, 03:08 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayyou1000 View Post
after watching the past two games theres no one else in the NHL i'd want for him. He's playing like a Crosby, Ovechkin...........oh wait he's playing like Forsberg. Are you watching the game i mean come on....LETS GO PETER we want you back
you been watching the season?

couple good games.

couple bad games.

couple flights to get his skate looked at.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 04:39 AM
PRB

Trade him for a pick and prospects then re-sign him again in the summer.

PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast Giants View Post
Trade him for a pick and prospects then re-sign him again in the summer.
Yes, please. We saw the Laffs do this last year. In place for a top 5 draft pick then surge late season to finish 9th in the East, miss the playoffs by 1 point and screw themselves out of an elite prospect.
Trade Forsberg, throw in the towel on this pitiful season and get some assets for him. Tell him straight out "We want to re-sign you in the off-season, we want you to be part of the turnaround next year... Let us get something for you at the deadline and you'll have another shot at the Cup which you wouldn't have here."
If he's as loyal as he seems to be, he can't reject this offer. The team can't lose by trading him, but if he's in the lineup the rest of the year, we can only lose in the long run.

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 08:44 AM
DayWalk3r
YouTube Guru

Quote:
What, have I missed something, did we trade him?

DayWalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:46 AM
ipayyou1000

flyers dont need players

they need confidience and an 0-0-0 record. a few good signings in the offseason timmonen, hannan, briere or drury along with peter and i believe well be right back where we belong competeting for the cup

Old
02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Jester

Quote:
they need confidience and an 0-0-0 record. a few good signings in the offseason timmonen, hannan, briere or drury along with peter and i believe well be right back where we belong competeting for the cup
wait... they don't need players, just confidence? but we need timonen, hannan, briere/drury as well?

i think you're naive to believe we've heard the last about Forsberg's ankle.

Old
02-02-2007, 01:09 PM
ipayyou1000

come on

im saying your not going to get a good return for him. Only prospects and we dont need them we need a star on offense and defense. We have forsberg add briere and on defense add timonon and i think we are good to go. I believe you naive to admit his issues are being resloved. Hes still one of the best players in the leauge....if you say otherwise...you just dont know hockey you bandwanger

Old
02-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Jester

Quote:
im saying your not going to get a good return for him. Only prospects and we dont need them we need a star on offense and defense. We have forsberg add briere and on defense add timonon and i think we are good to go. I believe you naive to admit his issues are being resloved. Hes still one of the best players in the leauge....if you say otherwise...you just dont know hockey you bandwanger
yes, the dude that watches every game live from Scotland during a season when we're working on trying to get win 13 in game 52 is a band wagoner.... go back to your hole peon. just because your rational analysis is so friggin basic to run along the lines of "peter forsrberg is good... we should sign him," and doesn't include any friggin high-level analysis doesn't make my opinion naive. it makes yours simple...

nothing about my analysis of Forsberg has the first friggin thing to do with how good of a player he is when he's on the ice. my analysis lives in the real friggin world where the problem isn't how good Forsberg is on the ice, the problem is the fact that it's tough to get him on the ice.

where was Forsberg today? in montry-friggin-all talking to Bauer about his skates... yeah, it was a "previously scheduled" thing... but there is nothing about this skate issue that is "resolved." it's good of you to say "being resolved," because it's an ongoing process and he's done the routine of being happy about his foot previously (see: November, 2006) and then gotten all pissy about it yet again.

more to the point, if you don't think a 1st round pick and good prospects are part of the long-term solution around here if used correctly... you are sadly mistaken. UFAs may fix some of the problems around here, but if the kids that are currently in the lineup and falling flat on their faces this year don't step it up, THIS TEAM WILL STILL SUCK, which means we aren't a contender next year regardless of what a few players signed might do... we'll look just like Toronto.

this team needs to build through youth and picks, not UFAs. i'm very cautious to think that approach is the perfect model. if you're even remotely skeptical of the complete overhaul plan, or ACKNOWLEDGE the fact that Forsberg cannot be counted on to perform like Peter Forsberg for more than 50 games then it's not all that difficult to come to the conclusion that efficient use of the salary cap is better off sent to someone else's bank account, regardless of how good Forsberg is if the player you're getting in return is nearly as good and much more likely to be playing.

is the team better for those 30 odd games with Briere and Timonen (who you may not be able to get)? yeah, it is... but it isn't good enough... not nearly. the key to any quick turn around is in the play of Carter, Richards, Umberger, Potulny, Pitkanen, Picard, etc. Focus on them, not Forsberg, and whomever else... if you don't think they'r ready in the next couple of years to be elite level players, then we should be trading Forsberg and biding our time.

Old
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
John Flyers Fan

In the end its a no brainer, he must be moved if he waives the no-trade clause.

The two options:

No trade: Forsberg

or

Trade: Gomez/Drury/Briere + top flight prospect + first round draft pick

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 04:28 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
When you can have a conversation about something other then the color underwear Peter Forsberg is wearing that day, you can start criticizing people.

Otherwise, take your 38 posts about Peter Forsberg and go away

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 04:44 PM
ipayyou1000

im a fan

im srry i just love forsberg he plays with so much passion and thats flyers hockey. i just hope we do not trade him

Old
02-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
I'm very torn on a re-sign or trade... right now i'm hoping this health keeps up and we just extend him

**** man, you just jinxed it bigtime.

HeŽll be out with a groin injury in no time.

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:56 PM
ipayyou1000

this is it

This insert is the answer. Forsberg was in Montreal yesterday (hes playing tonight dont worry) with the skate company working out a way to make a skate that does the same thing as the orthotic so they wont have to put one in every game. So he can simply just lace them up. Either way the insert works. Once the skate is made there won't be any breaking down of any sort. Bottom line they know what works and its over finally

Old
02-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Jester

Quote:
This insert is the answer. Forsberg was in Montreal yesterday (hes playing tonight dont worry) with the skate company working out a way to make a skate that does the same thing as the orthotic so they wont have to put one in every game. So he can simply just lace them up. Either way the insert works. Once the skate is made there won't be any breaking down of any sort. Bottom line they know what works and its over finally
i'll raise a glass to that, but i still think it's wishful thinking until proven on the ice over a stretch.

Old
02-03-2007, 12:59 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Link Please??

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRock View Post
Link Please??
This guy cracks me up because he showed up here a couple months ago *****ing about how nobody knew anything and we just made things up, then once a day he's posting updates on Forsberg without links.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
3mil for 1 year or else trade him...let us not forget that while the skate issue may be resolved, he is still money to miss 10-20 games every season with some sort of injury anyway...the older he gets, the more injury prone he will be.

let him improve his play, become an attractive target and steal a 1st rounder and a few GOOD prospects for him then go after gomez/briere/drury/timonen/etc...

hmmm, you have to give him an incentive base contract, but it has to be based on points, not games (like lindros had before and he totally sucked)

something like a $3mil base salary, then he gets a million bonus if he hits 70 pts, taking him up to $4mil, then another million if he hits 80pts ($5mil), a $500,000 bonus if he gets 90pts ($5.5mil) and then another $500,000 is he gets over 100pts, with a total max contract of $6mil....or something like that

the best scenario would be to trade him at the deadline and have a handshake agreement to sign him after his contract runs out as a UFA

RJ8812* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRock View Post
Link Please??
http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/16613651.htm

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote