HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Info On Gary Roberts

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2007, 11:51 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

vCash: 500
Info On Gary Roberts

Just wanted to pass on from information. Got a family friend (good friend of my dad) who has some sort of connection within the Sens orginization , and every now and then he gets some "inside information" regariding injury updates anmd trade possibilities. He never gets anything top secret like when a trade is going to go down and the exact details but usaully every year around the deadline he gets some juicy stuff.

So I asked him if he can find out about the possibitly of Robers coming to Ottawa. He told me that Muckler really likes Gary and is going to do everything he can to bring him here. He thinks he is that last piece the Senators so badly need, the guy who's got the experience and who has been through the playoffs before , a real verteran griner. His injury problems have been a concern but he should be ready to come back soon and it is widley known that if given the opportunity Roberts would definitly waive his no-trade clause to come here.

Apperently , Mucks is sticking by his motto that he wants to add without subtracting so if a deal were to go down expect our farm system to take yet another hit. Muckler may try and get away with a 2nd or 3rd round pick and maybe futures considerations based on his performance in the rest of the season and playoffs , but it is also very possible Martin would want a prospect.

Also a quick note , if Muckler is unable to acquire Robetrs his plan B option would be anotiher Panther - Martin Gelinas. Another possible option would be Mike Knuble from Philly , but we would have to send a roster player their way to fit under the cap.

I'll pass along any more updates I get ...again nothing major but anything I am told that is interesting.

Sure is an exciting time!

Old
02-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
They're still letting you post?

Old
02-02-2007, 01:03 AM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Yeeeeeah!

Old
02-02-2007, 01:28 AM
OttawaGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
Another possible option would be Mike Knuble from Philly , but we would have to send a roster player their way to fit under the cap.
Knuble's salary this year isn't a problem it's the next 2 at 2.8M when he's 35-36 that are.

Old
02-02-2007, 05:54 AM
JimmyPage

[QUOTE=The_Heat_Is_On_15;7883491]So I asked him if he can find out about the possibitly of Robers coming to Ottawa. He told me that Muckler really likes Gary and is going to do everything he can to bring him here. He thinks he is that last piece the Senators so badly need, the guy who's got the experience and who has been through the playoffs before , a real verteran griner. His injury problems have been a concern but he should be ready to come back soon and it is widley known that if given the opportunity Roberts would definitly waive his no-trade clause to come here.{QUOTE]

I don't think we need another griner, Chuckles keeps the mood in the dressing room light enough.

On a serious note, I like all these players but would add Recchi to the list.

Old
02-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Heat_Is_On_15 View Post
Also a quick note , if Muckler is unable to acquire Robetrs his plan B option would be anotiher Panther - Martin Gelinas. Another possible option would be Mike Knuble from Philly , but we would have to send a roster player their way to fit under the cap

lol we dont need knuble or gelinas ... if we cant aquire roberts we should just go for a veteran Dman ...

Old
02-02-2007, 07:29 AM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpLiCiT_P1ayA__ View Post
lol we dont need knuble or gelinas ... if we cant aquire roberts we should just go for a veteran Dman ...
Someone does not know how good Knuble is. I watch a lot of Flyer games because I am interested in watching why that team sucks so much. Knuble is not a reason why. If everyone on the Flyers played as hard as Knuble does that team would be in a playoff race on work ethic alone. He plays as hard as he can every shift and never takes a shift off. He would pot 40 playing with Spezza and would be a huge playoff performer. He also has a cup ring from 1998.

Old
02-02-2007, 07:43 AM
RTWAP*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
Letting who post?

Old
02-02-2007, 08:07 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Friend of a friend "inside information" isn't considered to be viable on this site, unless the reputation of the original source can be established, and this usually requires media substantiation.

Enforcing this policy consistently occasionally prohibits solid information from being discussed but also ensures that just anyone can't invent or call upon dubious inside sources to back-up their views.

I'd think a general thread on trade deadline acqusitions would foot the bill to discuss the possibility of Roberts and/or Knuble etc. coming here.

Closed Thread