HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Never Trade Comrie Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2003, 01:59 PM
victor

vCash: 500
Official Never Trade Comrie Thread.

With all of the comments coming out of the Winter/Comrie camp, and the focus on the return (or lack therefore of,) it might be time to look at another alternative.

Never trading Mike Comrie.

Let all of the other GM's know that he is now and forever off of the market.

He plays in Edmonton, or he doesn't play.

Period.

Think of it this way. If Comrie never plays again, what would we lose? A (good) third round pick? A prospect or two?

Thoughts?

Old
12-06-2003, 02:17 PM
Boondock Saint

As much as I think he is being a complete primadonna, I think that is taking it too far.

We need to get something for him.

However, making him sit all of this year doesn't seem out of the question, and then KLo can see what is offered at the draft next year. Perhaps if no one antes up, one more season would be in order.

Comrie isn't good enough to be pulling this crap. He needs to realize that he hasn't really accomplished that much yet, and should be grateful for any oppurtunity at all to play in this league.

I bet KLo gets a big pat on the back from some of the hard-ass GM's in this league for putting Comrie over the barrel like he has.

Old
12-06-2003, 02:22 PM
PanthersRule96

For Comrie you could prolly get a high 5-10 1rst round pick or a tier 1 prospect and a mid round pick.

Old
12-06-2003, 02:24 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
As much as I think he is being a complete primadonna, I think that is taking it too far.

However, making him sit all of this year doesn't seem out of the question, and then KLo can see what is offered at the draft next year. Perhaps if no one antes up, one more season would be in order.

Comrie isn't good enough to be pulling this crap. He needs to realize that he hasn't really accomplished that much yet, and should be grateful for any oppurtunity at all to play in this league.

I bet KLo gets a big pat on the back from some of the hard-ass GM's in this league for putting Comrie over the barrel like he has.
Yep, agree with you. It's kinda sucks for us, though. All the GMs in the league are sitting around probably thinking what Lowe is doing is great and that he's a real big help to the league for doing it, however, none of them are willing to stand firm.

Old
12-06-2003, 03:25 PM
gretzky2kurri

Every time I hear a dumb-ass comment from that camp......I stop worrying about when we are going to see a return on the Comrie asset.

I'm all for Lowe waiting longer than a year for the right deal, if that's what it takes. But every time the Oilers start to slump, people will be harping big time for a trade. Go on a winning streak and more people are vocal about letting him sit.

It bothers me sometimes when people think Lowe should bite the bullet and "get what he can" when the team is slumping in December. Like a trade is gonna fix all that immediately. I know that sometimes teams really turn it around after the trade because of the "shake up", but I don't think it will in this situation. Edmonton has always been a revolving door lately......they're ammune.

I don't believe in "low value" returns just to "shake up" the team in December at 2 games under .500.

But, like I said earlier, I'm getting a janne-like nervousness this weekend.

Old
12-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
I really like this alternative because we do get something from not trading Comrie-leverage for the Brewer negotiation. Or Hemsky's next contract. The players and their agents know that Lowe is ready to wait out anyone, and that gives him a pretty big stick. It's not a concrete return like a body or a draft pick, but it's more muscle at the negotiating table, and that's something.

Excellent suggestion!

Old
12-06-2003, 03:58 PM
Cujo_31

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor
With all of the comments coming out of the Winter/Comrie camp, and the focus on the return (or lack therefore of,) it might be time to look at another alternative.

Never trading Mike Comrie.

Let all of the other GM's know that he is now and forever off of the market.

He plays in Edmonton, or he doesn't play.

Period.

Think of it this way. If Comrie never plays again, what would we lose? A (good) third round pick? A prospect or two?

Thoughts?

I think that would be the WORST decision, if Comrie signs here just for the sake of playing somewhere, he wont contribute to our team cuz he'll play horrible & he'll screw the Oilers over every game by making bad plays...it's better to get something out of this, then absolutely nothing. take the best deal possible for Comrie, if we have to wait a while, so be it, it's not hurting us. I just want the best possible return in exchange for M.C., if he did somehow sign with the Oilers, i guarantee you the fans will drive him out of town like they did with Tom Poti. Us Edmonton fans aren't very forgiving when it comes to players holding out, even moreso when they say they dont wanto to play here & demand trades every little while...it's gonna hurt us even more. thats not what us Oiler fans want, is it?

Old
12-06-2003, 09:21 PM
thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
I really like this alternative because we do get something from not trading Comrie-leverage for the Brewer negotiation. Or Hemsky's next contract. The players and their agents know that Lowe is ready to wait out anyone, and that gives him a pretty big stick. It's not a concrete return like a body or a draft pick, but it's more muscle at the negotiating table, and that's something.

Excellent suggestion!

For the love of the game and our storied franchise....I AGREE!

Closed Thread