HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

John Tavares ***???

Old
02-02-2007, 09:19 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

vCash: 500
John Tavares ***???

Went to the Colts/Generals game last night hoping to get a glimpse of the return of the son of the sequel of the next "next one".

His first shift consisted of a spear in the stomach and a punch he threw at a guy who wasn't looking. Neither resulted in a penalty. He did take 3 stupid slashing and elbowing penalties, and the end result was a 4-0 blowout by the Colts. He did absolutely nothing all game. I know it's only one game, but I expected a lot more out of him, even if he is only 16. At least he isn't shy.

Also thought I'd mention the "class" move by James Delory after a good fight . Once they both stopped, the linesmen moved in and when the one put his arms around Lombardi, Delory suckerpunched him. Nice.

Cal Clutterbuck of the Generals, as irritating and pesty as he is, is very entertaining to watch and full of heart.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:22 AM
weaponomega

John Tavares = bust lol

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Bryzga lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlyerphan View Post
At least he isn't shy.
Yeah..even though what you claim you saw seems dirty, at least he's not affraid to get into the rough stuff.

Bryzga lol* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Cyclops II*

Quote:

Also thought I'd mention the "class" move by James Delory after a good fight . Once they both stopped, the linesmen moved in and when the one put his arms around Lombardi, Delory suckerpunched him. Nice.
I don't think the linesman had his arms around Lombardi. They had just started to break up the fight. It was borderline but I don't think there is a rule against that. Not in the NHL anyway. i don't remember guys getting penalties for that in the NHL. If he had hit the official he would and should be ejected.
In any event I applaud DeLory.
Sharks need someone with more than one ball who will beat the crap out of anyone who touches his teammates.

Teams with class are invariably losers. (see San Jose Sharks)

Cyclops II* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclops II View Post
I don't think the linesman had his arms around Lombardi. They had just started to break up the fight. It was borderline but I don't think there is a rule against that.
He was ejected from the game. IMHO that implies his actions may be frowned upon.

Old
02-02-2007, 12:27 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riel View Post
Yeah..even though what you claim you saw seems dirty, at least he's not affraid to get into the rough stuff.
What I claim I saw? I went to the game to watch the Colts AND Tavares. Obviously he didn't bring his "A" game, but I sure wasn't expecting him to try to be a goon.

Maybe something happened last time these two teams met, but it was obvious what the Generals game plan was from the drop of the puck.

Old
02-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Quote:
What I claim I saw? I went to the game to watch the Colts AND Tavares. Obviously he didn't bring his "A" game, but I sure wasn't expecting him to try to be a goon.

Maybe something happened last time these two teams met, but it was obvious what the Generals game plan was from the drop of the puck.
Actually the fact he was willing to goon it up speaks volumes to me. The guy will be perfect for the new NHL. A star talent willing to deal with matters on his own. Thinking Mark Messier.....

Ghost of Dale Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote