HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calling Dr. Jokinen

Old
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Calling Dr. Jokinen

1 goal in the last 7 games. He really needs Roberts back on his wing he's lost without him. I'm thinking once Bert comes back he'll be on Jokinen line as it seems Jokinen-Horton alone just dont click. Whats with Jokinen always pulling the same moves on the PP. So risky moves too. Shooting from the point hoping it gets there. Sure he's scored many of those goals but maybe it's time to try something else if that aint working. Now that we got some other lines scoring that dont mean we cant go without Jokinen scoring. We Jokinen to pot a few goals soon and get back on track or bye bye any playoff chances.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
I agree that Jokinen has become very predictable on the PP. He is likely going to shoot, either from the point slapshot or a wrister from the top of the circle. It's like with Stumpel where I just know he's going to pass, but I think Stumpy is a little better at threading a surprise pass.

If Roberts is the issue, it won't be for long. He could be back as soon as tomorrow. Who knows with Bert, but it is also a bit of a lacking on Horton's part as well. The top line in general has not been as productive as the 2nd.

It says something when Gelinas was on the top line last night, he got 2 goals, Jokinen had an assist and Horton did nothing. Keep in mind one of Gelinas' goals was on the PP with Weiss and neither of those two.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
1 goal in the last 7 games. He really needs Roberts back on his wing he's lost without him. I'm thinking once Bert comes back he'll be on Jokinen line as it seems Jokinen-Horton alone just dont click. Whats with Jokinen always pulling the same moves on the PP. So risky moves too. Shooting from the point hoping it gets there. Sure he's scored many of those goals but maybe it's time to try something else if that aint working. Now that we got some other lines scoring that dont mean we cant go without Jokinen scoring. We Jokinen to pot a few goals soon and get back on track or bye bye any playoff chances.
It's not just on the PP. Jokinen has been very predictable of late even when its 5-5.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 12:41 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

53 points in 53 games. He's producing at a similar level as last year. Is he slumping a little? Sure. Who doesn't? To point Jokinen out as a major "part of the problem" is disingenuous.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Jokinen is what he is. He's never going to beat anyone with killer moves and he's not overly creative. His assets are his size, speed(sometimes), strength, shot, and toughness. But he's still a point per game player and is one of the top 10-15 centers in the league. I know sometimes it's frustrating watching him, but I think we have to remember that he's not a Sakic/Modano type center. He's not that creative. I remember watching the 97 draft and when he was selected they compared him to Esa Tikkanen when he was with the Oilers. A gritty, thorny player. Still has lots of talent but not like Horton/Olesz when they hit their peak.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
53 points in 53 games. He's producing at a similar level as last year. Is he slumping a little? Sure. Who doesn't? To point Jokinen out as a major "part of the problem" is disingenuous.
Who even said he's a problem?

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote