HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Which would you guys rather have?

Old
02-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
i agreee on not giving up staal but why not dubi if its olli in return
Please NO! Olli's as disrespectful a hockey player as there is. The man truly needs to shut up and play.

WEB - http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com
TWITTER - https://twitter.com/draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:55 AM
XX
... Waiting

Yes, Gretzky would want Prucha. And we would probably give up half our picks for Montoya as well. But you must understand that Nagy and Perreault are both UFAs, and therefore more valuable than they would be signed. Neither has said "I'm going to test the market regardless of whatever money you throw at me." And I think Nagy would love it in New York with some of the talent you guys have.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:57 AM
gaglinefan

We Vote

For a center. Cullen could work out as a third line guy, we need someone, anyone, to set up our scoring guys.

gaglinefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Anthony Mauro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Yes, Gretzky would want Prucha. And we would probably give up half our picks for Montoya as well. But you must understand that Nagy and Perreault are both UFAs, and therefore more valuable than they would be signed. Neither has said "I'm going to test the market regardless of whatever money you throw at me." And I think Nagy would love it in New York with some of the talent you guys have.
Say what? I think that's the first time I have heard that way of reasoning it. Assuming a player is signed to a decent contract and not a ludicrous one, player's signed for a few years always have more value than UFA's.

You do not have to give up half your picks for Montoya, just Mueller . How's that for a straight up deal?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:40 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't think this team needs to trade for a long-term solution at center. If they want to go out and get a rental for a reasonable price for the rest of this season, fine.

But I'm giving up assets and cap space when there are good centers available over the summer for just cash.

02-03-2007, 02:25 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
The center. Trade Malik for him and all problems are solved.
haha what's funny is, it probably is that simple.. ok maybe not but still this is certainly a situation where addition is made by subtraction

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Evil Sather

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Yes, Gretzky would want Prucha. And we would probably give up half our picks for Montoya as well. But you must understand that Nagy and Perreault are both UFAs, and therefore more valuable than if they were signed to bad long term deals. Neither has said "I'm going to test the market regardless of whatever money you throw at me." And I think Nagy would love it in New York with some of the talent you guys have.
FYP

Evil Sather is offline   Reply With Quote