HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Huselius Hottest Player In The NHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2007, 11:37 PM
  #1
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Huselius Hottest Player In The NHL

Only Ovechkin, with 20 pts in 13 straight games, has more. Huselius has 17 points in 11 straight games. And, he now has caught up to the Sedin's point wise. He is also closing in on teammate, Mr. Tanguay. Juice is the man.


Last edited by abracanada: 02-04-2007 at 12:01 AM.
abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:49 PM
  #2
Eichel 9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Only Ovechkin, with 20 pts in 13 straight games, has more. Huselius has 17 points in 11 straight games. And, he now has caught up to the Sedin's point wise. He is also closing in on teammate, Mr. Tanguay. Juice is the man.
I thank him very much, I picked him up in FA in my fantasy league right before his streak

Eichel 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:50 PM
  #3
VoiceOfReason
Registered User
 
VoiceOfReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: from parts unknown
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Only Ovechkin, with 20 pts in 13 straight games, has more. Huselius has 17 points in 11 straight games. And, he now has caught up to the Sedin's point wise. He is also closing in on teammate, Mr. Tanguay. Juice is the man.
187 points in 11 games? I'd say Huselius IS the hottest player in the NHL!

VoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:54 PM
  #4
StreakingRed
#unsustainable
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,588
vCash: 500
Yeah, Huselius has really stepped his game up this season.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:56 PM
  #5
shimy1221*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
proposal

to mtl: huselius

to cgy: samsonov+3rd

please?

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:57 PM
  #6
Eichel 9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9,462
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
proposal

to mtl: huselius

to cgy: samsonov+3rd

please?
I feel so bad for Montreal having to be stuck with samsonov

Eichel 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2007, 11:58 PM
  #7
shimy1221*
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekAndMax2661 View Post
I feel so bad for Montreal having to be stuck with samsonov
im sure he'll step up in the playoffs

shimy1221* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:01 AM
  #8
StreakingRed
#unsustainable
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
proposal

to mtl: huselius

to cgy: samsonov+3rd

please?

Daaamn, you guys really want Samsonov gone, huh? lol. Thanks but no thanks.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 05:56 AM
  #9
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,712
vCash: 500
I'm glad Huselius finally got his game going. He sure was talented enough, he was held back in a couple of miserable years in Florida with a coach he didn't get along with.

He has also scored on more than every fifth shot (22.2%).

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:00 AM
  #10
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I'm glad Huselius finally got his game going. He sure was talented enough, he was held back in a couple of miserable years in Florida with a coach he didn't get along with.

He has also scored on more than every fifth shot (22.2%).


That´s ironic considering he doesn´t even know how to shoot

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 08:35 AM
  #11
Plato
Registered User
 
Plato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New York
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,406
vCash: 100000
yeah ive been keeping track of him alot lately too but havent been able to actually watch him

i he actually earning them or is it more of a right place right time kinda thing?

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:44 AM
  #12
Rudolf Yaber
Registered User
 
Rudolf Yaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
yeah ive been keeping track of him alot lately too but havent been able to actually watch him

i he actually earning them or is it more of a right place right time kinda thing?
Half the skill of the game is being in the right place at the right time.

He's earning his points.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 10:44 AM
  #13
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
187 points in 11 games? I'd say Huselius IS the hottest player in the NHL!
No, Ovenchickens 260 still beats him.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:32 PM
  #14
Jared Ramsden
Registered User
 
Jared Ramsden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perogieboy View Post
Half the skill of the game is being in the right place at the right time.

He's earning his points.
You can't teach the kind of things he can do with the puck on his stick. He's such an extraordinary stickhandler and his vision and patience with the puck, especially down low is unreal. He makes things happen out there. Guys just need to get into a scoring position and odds are, Huselius will find him....

Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 02:11 PM
  #15
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
His ability to retain the puck, is really incredible. It is on a string. Thing is, he is still relatively young. He just may make a NHL career of it yet.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 03:20 PM
  #16
Rudolf Yaber
Registered User
 
Rudolf Yaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
You can't teach the kind of things he can do with the puck on his stick. He's such an extraordinary stickhandler and his vision and patience with the puck, especially down low is unreal. He makes things happen out there. Guys just need to get into a scoring position and odds are, Huselius will find him....
I agree. I didn't mean to insinuate that he being "at the right place right time" were the source of most of his points. He sees the ice so well and he moves the puck beautifully.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 04:13 PM
  #17
JayByrd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JayByrd Send a message via MSN to JayByrd
When Huselius has the puck down low, he reminds me a little bit of Mikael Nylander.

JayByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 07:48 PM
  #18
natural420*
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimy1221 View Post
proposal

to mtl: huselius

to cgy: samsonov+3rd

please?
i hope your not serious. desperate moreso i guess.

you can have friesen instead of huselius

natural420* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:02 AM
  #19
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
With the goal tonight, and Ovechkin getting blanked, that makes him the hottest streaking player with 12 games.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:19 AM
  #20
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
what about Heatley? while he doesnt have a point streak like that going he was the leagues top scorer in january with something like 22 or 23 points

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:55 AM
  #21
PapaBear*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayByrd View Post
When Huselius has the puck down low, he reminds me a little bit of Mikael Nylander.
totally

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:08 AM
  #22
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,536
vCash: 500
As a canucks fan, Ive been amazed with huselius everytime Ive watched him this season. Completely different player from years past. He used to be one of the most soft and useless talents around, I mean he always contributed but I can never remember even seeing flashes of play like THIS. The major thing is hes confident in everything hes doing right now and its bringing him success. With iggy back.. watch out for the offensive powerhouse flames. Been awhile since I could say that.

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:11 AM
  #23
StreakingRed
#unsustainable
 
StreakingRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 11,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBrew View Post
watch out for the offensive powerhouse flames. Been awhile since I could say that.
It's been a while since we Flames fans could say that too.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:48 AM
  #24
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
what about Heatley? while he doesnt have a point streak like that going he was the leagues top scorer in january with something like 22 or 23 points

Heatley has been scoring well no doubt - 22 pts in 13 games during the month of January. Huselius's numbers aren't all that far behind. 18 points in his last 12 games. The point is, he is in the same range scoring wise, as the likes of Heatley, or Ovechkin with 20 points in his last 14 games. Crosby has 21 pts in 12 games for the month of January.

Basically, Huselius has elevated his game to the level of the very best in the league over the last month. And he did it by being more consistent than most.

We are seeing the emergence of a real talent here.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:59 PM
  #25
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
Heatley has been scoring well no doubt - 22 pts in 13 games during the month of January. Huselius's numbers aren't all that far behind. 18 points in his last 12 games. The point is, he is in the same range scoring wise, as the likes of Heatley, or Ovechkin with 20 points in his last 14 games. Crosby has 21 pts in 12 games for the month of January.

Basically, Huselius has elevated his game to the level of the very best in the league over the last month. And he did it by being more consistent than most.

We are seeing the emergence of a real talent here.
or a hot streak from a player already having a good year ... i love what juice has been doing but his pace over his last dozen game will not coninue for the rest of the season... while guys like heatley, ovechkin and crosby will proabbly post numbers similar to that every month during the year... although i do agree he is emerging as a good forward... i just dont think its fair to even mention him in the same breath as AO and Sid... Juice is proving he can be a legit 25-30 goal and 70+ point player

edit: this was not mentioned during the game last night (that i heard of and i havent seen anyone mention it thus far in this thread... with his goal last night Huselius set a new career high in points and tied his career high in goals

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.