HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Best Dangle?

Old
02-03-2007, 03:23 AM
stoll_16

vCash: 500
Best Dangle?

There has been many sweet dangles over the years. Any sweet moves that you can pull off? i can do this (and do just to embarrass the goalies) all the time. haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wczSzDT57Ns

stoll_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:18 PM
McNasty

My favorite is the move Jokinen uses in the shootout, fakes hard across than slides it with 1 hand, only i go five hole cause it makes the goalie look worse. I can pull off the 360 michigan with my stick through my legs on foot, still working on it for skates though.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

I also use the Jokinen move a lot and the Schremp/Lashoff behind the back version of the Marek Malik goal. The Jokinen move is just too easy and works every time... which is why I use it.

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

If you've been playing as long as he has, its not that sick of a move. I see a few guys on my team pull it off all the time at practice in roller hockey.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

I never said it was - it's just beautiful how well it works if you sell the fake before sliding the puck over. I'm older than Jussi... I've probably been playing longer - I'm just not at all as good as he is

And besides when Forsberg did it, it was big stuff... than Jussi started doing it and now Wolski and Zetterberg use it, along with other NHL'ers, I'm sure, so it's not even that impressive anymore.

Old
02-03-2007, 01:18 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_9 View Post
I never said it was - it's just beautiful how well it works if you sell the fake before sliding the puck over. I'm older than Jussi... I've probably been playing longer - I'm just not at all as good as he is

And besides when Forsberg did it, it was big stuff... than Jussi started doing it and now Wolski and Zetterberg use it, along with other NHL'ers, I'm sure, so it's not even that impressive anymore.
My ex-coach Kent Nilsson is the one who made it famous though

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Wooty

Video of this move please?

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 01:50 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkd88 View Post
Video of this move please?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaneYHFXB5c

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
Thanks.

That is the same basic move as the top hand push around. The first time I saw that was a dude on the Blackhawks, about 8 years ago or so (I am so bad with names). One of the Russians did it in a game, not a shootout.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
My ex-coach Kent Nilsson is the one who made it famous though

Yep - I remembered reading that back when I first saw Forsberg's goal (Foppa has long been a favorite of mine) but I was having a mental lapse when writing my response and couldn't remember who it was. Either way, Jussi and Zetterberg do it better now-a-days. Foppa almost got stopped. Jussi does it really smoothly, but Zetterberg almost has an extra move in the middle of it - his looks a bit more difficult to execute.

Jokinen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-KwQ7yBk8
Zetterberg - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Yt6rXPi84

Old
02-07-2007, 08:07 AM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoll_16 View Post
There has been many sweet dangles over the years. Any sweet moves that you can pull off? i can do this (and do just to embarrass the goalies) all the time. haha

I know a guy that used to pull that move out on goalies. He even tried it out on me a few times. I am proud to say no one has ever scored on me with that move and they never will. It is too readable. When the player puts the stick down to pick up the puck and starts to turn, I'm pushing up close so when he tries to complete his turn all he gets is a face full of goalie.

I've also had a guy try the Malik move on me. As soon as he started to put his stick back between his skates, I poke checked the puck away. The other time the same player tried it, I waited him out and gloved it down.

My favorite move. Waiting for some dumba**ed showoff who thinks he's NHL material to try some hot doggin' move so I can make like Cheevers and poke check the puck and continue right through his skates. If a player is knocked down, it's harder to score.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:25 AM
Greeneye

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_man_44 View Post
I know a guy that used to pull that move out on goalies. He even tried it out on me a few times. I am proud to say no one has ever scored on me with that move and they never will. It is too readable. When the player puts the stick down to pick up the puck and starts to turn, I'm pushing up close so when he tries to complete his turn all he gets is a face full of goalie.

I've also had a guy try the Malik move on me. As soon as he started to put his stick back between his skates, I poke checked the puck away. The other time the same player tried it, I waited him out and gloved it down.

My favorite move. Waiting for some dumba**ed showoff who thinks he's NHL material to try some hot doggin' move so I can make like Cheevers and poke check the puck and continue right through his skates. If a player is knocked down, it's harder to score.
I'm sure you are good and all but somehow I think Zetterberg gets it past ya.

Greeneye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 08:44 AM
canadian_man_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM47 View Post
I'm sure you are good and all but somehow I think Zetterberg gets it past ya.
Probably, but, allow me to quote myself. "My favorite move. Waiting for some dumba**ed showoff who thinks he's NHL material" I think Zetterberg has proven he's NHL material and I probably won't get the chance to play against him in beer league.

Just as an after thought though, I have played against a 15 year veteran of the AHL when I was living in Nova Scotia and 6 players from the QMJHL and none of them ever scored on me much. I've stopped 5 breakaways from one Qleague player in one game, but enough of the bragging.

One more thing, the guy who used to try to pull the Crosby and Malik moves on me is the player who a few years before that had set the records in Midget in Nova Scotia that a guy we call Sid the Kid eventually broke. All in all, not a bad player.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 03:29 PM
broski

Send a message via AIM to broski
I personally like the Pavel Datsyuck with the backwards toe drag it works well if you sell the shot.

broski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:39 PM
colt45

i liked brian laich's move. pretty simple..but it works...i can't find a video of it.

colt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 09:52 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

1. Dangle means, how fast a player can skate and handle the puck, not a fancy move or flipping the puck around.

2. I know everybody likes to call it the "Forsberg" move, but he wasn't the first to use it and definitly did not originate it either. Alex Zhamnov was the first to use it, and he was doing it in the NHL with his first team, the Winnipeg Jets.

The quality is bad, bad you get the jist of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iby7HVZX2aE

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:53 AM
TBLfan

Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Forsberg did it in International play though. With that big of a stage you're going to get credit for it if you were the first to do it. Notice how some people are calling "the Michigan" move "the "Crosby"

Same thing. Just because you were the first doesn't mean that you're going to get the credit due... such is life.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 02:00 AM
YogiCanucks

I can pull of the Jokinen shootout where he goes to one side and one hands it into the other side of the net.
I more commonly use the kick fake, forehand, back hand, topshelf (sid's move on Theodore)
Tho my favourite it just tap the puck to my skate bump it back out again and shoot it below the blocker on the post.
I can also do a Malik between the legs but thats simple and I can't even do it well at all.
I wish I could pull off the Michigan OT goal.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 08:32 AM
LamborGREENie

Not many dangle moves are used in the NHL today, to the exception of the "Zhamnov, Zetterberg and Michigan" moves. Players are more focused on getting goals now (I don't think I can say that for Krisitan Huselius on his attempt last Saturday) then they are of making fancy moves that might not work.

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:07 PM
LeafDangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovechkinlover08 View Post
I personally like the Pavel Datsyuck with the backwards toe drag it works well if you sell the shot.
Works great for me. Thats the one I've been doing for a while now. Only been stopped a couple of times and it looks friggin sweet too. I have soem difficulty pulling off the Nillson/Forsberg/Zhamnov/Jokinen/Zetterberg move though. I think it has to do with me being a right handed shot and the keeper can poke check it much more easily

LeafDangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 12:15 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoll_16 View Post

So funny because yesterday Lupul and Torres were helping out run a camp that I was helping with. We had a little scrimmage at the end and I pulled a decent toe-drag on Lupul and gave him a hard time about it. The next time we were out he was coming in on me and looks at me and says "this time your screwed". Then he pulls that move off but just spins around me and puts the puck down on the otherside of me. I just started laughing hung my head in shame and skated off the ice to let a 6 year old out there in hopes that he could do better than me. Good times...

LoudmouthHemskyFan#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Dangle means, how fast a player can skate and handle the puck, not a fancy move or flipping the puck around.

razorsedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 02:48 PM
colt45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBLfan View Post
Forsberg did it in International play though. With that big of a stage you're going to get credit for it if you were the first to do it. Notice how some people are calling "the Michigan" move "the "Crosby"

Same thing. Just because you were the first doesn't mean that you're going to get the credit due... such is life.
i know that all the russinas did it before, but i call putting the puck between your legs to your forehand "the Ovechkin"

its really who does it more, or who did it in a bigger game, not who originated it.

colt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 04:02 PM
puck_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
Dangle means, how fast a player can skate and handle the puck, not a fancy move or flipping the puck around.

since when?

puck_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
EazyB97

My favourite move to pull is the same one Kovalev used against Fluery in a SO the other day.

On a side note Dangle is another word for good deke. Guys can have sweet dangles and be slow as hell. It is exactly a fancy move.

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote