HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 2/3/07 Checkmate - Kings VS. Panthers

Old
02-03-2007, 10:25 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

vCash: 500
2 better shots than alex auld got to see, the puck basically walked in the net behind alex. tough break for eddie but still ithink he did better than alex.

PANTHERS OWN YOU* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:00 PM
johano90

I was there tonight, and I stayed for the entire torture session. I read somewhere that there are several stages of dissapointment. I am past the denial and anger stage, now its just acceptance. That was pitiful. And as ATF said, we know what they are going to say in tomorrows' papers. We know they will bounce back against the Avs and get our hopes up. Then they will put in another stinker like this. Its just how the circle of dissapointment goes. Building our hopes up then crushing them.

johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:03 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

im pretty sure denis potvin nailed it. the panthers dont win close matches, whoever dominates, dominates. we either are winning the entire game or we lose. simple as that.

Old
02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
So. Uh. I missed the game, but I heard we lost. Doesn't sound like I missed much..

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:32 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

dont worry, you missed nothing but a tortureous game and the weakest attempt at being a goalie ever.

Old
02-03-2007, 11:38 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I can't even believe I spent even $22 to attend this total waste of a game. I don't think I've honestly ever seen 20 guys on a team that seem like they could care less to win. It was like nobody on the team wanted to have any heart period tonight knowing that every game matters tremendously while we're mathematically still in the playoff race. The mood at the game from the crowd was more amusing than anything as every save got a full applause. If anyone was around section 425, you definitely heard me cursing my brains out and letting this team and organization know my opinions on how this team is going absolutely nowhere after a performance like tonight. I have to give a ton of credit through to guys like Gratton and Campbell for taking on some tough Kings fighters with absolutely nothing positive happening.

After the 6th goal (3rd Auld let in), I screamed out "This is our incredible starting goalie of the future?", and I swear Auld turned around and looked right at me. I don't think I've ever went to a game so frustrating to watch in 11 seasons of attending them, and I pretty much wanted to get thrown out of the arena to show that this is just not fair to let the true fans like us suffer for the past 7 years and hopefully no more to come. One side of me almost hopes that we lose every game for the rest of the season to get a higher draft pick, but the other side knows that's just not being a true Panthers fan. The bottom line is that this team needs to go through a HUGE building process over the offseason if we're even going to think about playoffs next season.

FlaPnthrsPunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Boy am I glad I missed this one (had to go to dinner with the in-laws instead) .. I think reality fits the disaster predictions in this case.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:44 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I recorded the game and I came home to watch it. A friend of mine called me and said "Please don't watch it". I check the score, and wow. Just wow.

This team ******* sucks.

The KINGS?! I MEAN, THE LA KINGS?!?!

Last edited by ratmanfu: 02-03-2007 at 11:52 PM.
JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:47 PM
johano90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanthemarsVolta View Post
I recorded the game and I came home to watch it. A friend of mine called me and said "Please don't watch it". I check the score, and wow. Just wow.

This team ******* sucks.

Watch it, it will build up your resiliency to pain. I think you will need it over years to come.

Last edited by ratmanfu: 02-03-2007 at 11:53 PM.
johano90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2007, 11:52 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Boy am I glad I missed this one (had to go to dinner with the in-laws instead) .. I think reality fits the disaster predictions in this case.
I took my kid to the Barnum and Bailey Circus in Greenville, SC.

Who knew I could've saved the money and had her sit and watch the clowns in this game at home tonight, instead.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:51 AM
sinDer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I can't even believe I spent even $22 to attend this total waste of a game. I don't think I've honestly ever seen 20 guys on a team that seem like they could care less to win. It was like nobody on the team wanted to have any heart period tonight knowing that every game matters tremendously while we're mathematically still in the playoff race. The mood at the game from the crowd was more amusing than anything as every save got a full applause. If anyone was around section 425, you definitely heard me cursing my brains out and letting this team and organization know my opinions on how this team is going absolutely nowhere after a performance like tonight. I have to give a ton of credit through to guys like Gratton and Campbell for taking on some tough Kings fighters with absolutely nothing positive happening.

After the 6th goal (3rd Auld let in), I screamed out "This is our incredible starting goalie of the future?", and I swear Auld turned around and looked right at me. I don't think I've ever went to a game so frustrating to watch in 11 seasons of attending them, and I pretty much wanted to get thrown out of the arena to show that this is just not fair to let the true fans like us suffer for the past 7 years and hopefully no more to come. One side of me almost hopes that we lose every game for the rest of the season to get a higher draft pick, but the other side knows that's just not being a true Panthers fan. The bottom line is that this team needs to go through a HUGE building process over the offseason if we're even going to think about playoffs next season.
I think that's the problem in FLA, there's not enough true fan like you who really care about this team

I live in quebec, canada, and I can't imagine the montreal canadiens missing playoffs for 5 or 6 years in a row. same thing for Toronto, cgy or edmonton

Canadiens has played some bad games lately, and it's like the end of the world here.

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:59 AM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

fan base is the cheapest excuse for a failing team, the team shouldnt let the home crowd get to them on either side.

Old
02-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Dread Clawz
fmrly MarkstromRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERS OWN YOU View Post
2 better shots than alex auld got to see, the puck basically walked in the net behind alex. tough break for eddie but still ithink he did better than alex.
I agree, the first and third goals Belfour had no chance on.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 08:47 AM
FlaPanthers7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANTHERS OWN YOU View Post
fan base is the cheapest excuse for a failing team, the team shouldnt let the home crowd get to them on either side.
I agree, and there is a good loyal fan base here. Sorry guys, I think I jinxed this game at the beginning of the thread. I had a bad feeling this was a game that could be a set up for disaster.

I tivo'd the game and when I saw the score, I deleted it immediately. I'm glad I didn't have to watch this nonsense. 7-0 to the Kings, who are as bas as anyone on the road?!? What the heck is wrong with this team?!?

FlaPanthers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:28 AM
RightKinger

What did you guys think of Kopitar?

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 10:14 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
What did you guys think of Kopitar?

ive seen him play before he wasnt great tonight i was more impressed with Cammalleri

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-PANTHERS-10 View Post
ive seen him play before he wasnt great tonight i was more impressed with Cammalleri
Yeah that wasn't Kopitar's night, Cammy did all the big stuff, good for him.

I wasn't happy when one of our announcers said that Kopitar has just been real quiet tonight [last night]. First off he got an assist, second of all, he's a freakin' rookie, he isn't going to be super consistent. I hate when people get all over a rookie for not being an immediate superstar every game.

It's good to see the Kings have a future to build upon, they've been mired for too long (not unlike us). And hopefully they never have to see Cloutier again. The rule against Labarbera is ridiculous, too. That really hurt them this year.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
TeNeIghtY

Nathan Freaking Horton now has 0 points in his last 3 or 4??

TeNeIghtY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 10:45 AM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Yeah that wasn't Kopitar's night, Cammy did all the big stuff, good for him.

I wasn't happy when one of our announcers said that Kopitar has just been real quiet tonight [last night]. First off he got an assist, second of all, he's a freakin' rookie, he isn't going to be super consistent. I hate when people get all over a rookie for not being an immediate superstar every game.

It's good to see the Kings have a future to build upon, they've been mired for too long (not unlike us). And hopefully they never have to see Cloutier again. The rule against Labarbera is ridiculous, too. That really hurt them this year.
Thanks a lot man. I hope the Panthers can get it together soon.

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanthemarsVolta View Post

This team ******* sucks.

What bugs me most is we got shut out by Sean freaking Burke.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:50 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNeIghtY View Post
Nathan Freaking Horton now has 0 points in his last 3 or 4??
yeah, i don't know how much of that i'd put on nate though. he's been playing with olli, who hasn't really shown up lately. i think the effort's been there most nights - his line, with the rotating left wing, basically hasn't generated anything the past few weeks (if you discount olli's silly blind spinarounds from the half boards). i'd rather see him playing alongside weiss. we saw a bit of that earlier in the season and i think that might be the best fit for him. he really needs someone who can get him the puck.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Happy Girl

I blame myself for last night's loss ... I swapped my Joey avatar for the hg avatar. Maybe I need to resurrect the HG baggin avy.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote