HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quiet = Possible upcoming trade

Old
02-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

vCash: 500
Quiet = Possible upcoming trade

It is really quiet on the rumor front with the Habs. Which could probably be a sign of something upcoming.
I certainly do believe Mr. Gainey has to do something to shake this team up a little, being only four points out of 9th place.

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
shutehinside

I was thinking the exact same thing the past few days. I was thinkingof opening a "when will the Habs make a trade" thread and pool.
I see Gainey making a trade sooner then later probably after the 15th of February and before the 21st, just a hunch.ve noticed he likes to make a trade beofre the deadline, I guess to aviod any more distractions then neccessary.

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:29 AM
GSK*

I think something is coming.

But the habs only need one thing... A true elite forward. Whatever is position... So he would to send away 2 mid-players of the roster and two of our best AHLer and Price...

So I doubt he will do something "good".

I know its may be crazy because of his salary. But I would take a shot at Brad Richards or Nathan Horton. Richards isn't having his best season, but 19-25-44 in 54 games isn't bad. He's a good player in playoff (got a ring and a conn smythe). He's never injury since he's in the league, and his less offensive production in career is 62pts twice (rookie and somophore). He is a centre 26 years old, he's lock until 10/11 at 7.8, I agree its very big, but he is an elite forward. I would be a number one centre then whe don't have since Damphousse leaves.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing the past few days. I was thinkingof opening a "when will the Habs make a trade" thread and pool.
I see Gainey making a trade sooner then later probably after the 15th of February and before the 21st, just a hunch.ve noticed he likes to make a trade beofre the deadline, I guess to aviod any more distractions then neccessary.
Today's game will tell us when we will see a trade. If we lose because we are not playing well, expect something pretty soon...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:53 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Just call up Kostitsyn already, he'll go on a tear.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Just call up Kostitsyn already, he'll go on a tear.
+1
Not to bash Ryder but I would play Kosty ahead of him right now.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:02 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassLaPuckUsT View Post
+1
Kostitsyn is also money in shootouts. Something that could've given us more headway on this play-off race right now. Kovalev, Kostitsyn, Koivu on shootouts would be awesome.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:04 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

The thing is that it's always quiet. The media always report that Montreal is one of the hardest teams to get a beat on, because Gainey keeps the whole place buttoned up.

I'd call up Kostitsyn once the roster limit is gone.. if that even happens anymore.

edit: Article 16.4(a) in the CBA states that the roster limit can be "...on each season's Trade Deadline, a Club's Active Roster may be increased to any number of Players the Club, in it's discretion, so determines, subject to Article 50 hereof." Article 50 defines the salary cap structure.

Last edited by coolguy21415: 02-04-2007 at 12:14 PM.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
+1
The way Ryder has played for most of the season alot of players are ahead of him, I feel that Sammy brings more then he does, atleast he creates something with the puck rather then destroy it.

I am a Ryder fan but I realize that he is not a lock for this roster years to come, and this season could be his last in Montreal. Hopefully he can turn it around and make a good run of it, play well in the playoffs but its all up to him.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
The way Ryder has played for most of the season alot of players are ahead of him, I feel that Sammy brings more then he does, atleast he creates something with the puck rather then destroy it.

I am a Ryder fan but I realize that he is not a lock for this roster years to come, and this season could be his last in Montreal. Hopefully he can turn it around and make a good run of it, play well in the playoffs but its all up to him.

You know youre right and this is what makes me such a big B Gainey fan, he saw a flaw in Ryders game and this is why he only signed him to a one year contract. IMO

Old
02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
You know youre right and this is what makes me such a big B Gainey fan, he saw a flaw in Ryders game and this is why he only signed him to a one year contract. IMO
Well its not the 1st one year deal hes signed, its because hes not yet a legit 30 goal shooter he hasnt established himself enough, and he doesnt do the little things on defense either really, and Gainey and Carbo are big into that sort of stuff, so who knows.

Having said that the return we would get in a trade at this point might not be worth it, he has more value probably in a habs uni then any other team in the NHL at this point so he probably wont get moved, I wouldnt be surprised if there is no deal until after the season is over.

Gms are still trying to figure out how to work in the new salary cap system, really you handcuff yourself when you sign players long term deals.

I wouldnt be surprised if there was a trade but im certainly not expecting one again we are in the playoff race exactly where we should be and were in good shape at this time so anything goes really.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:19 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Ryder is terrible. I agree with what you have all said, Kosty ahead of Ryder, Samsonov offers more than Ryder. And so on.

Imo he is a tradeable asset and he should be a main piece in a sooner rather than later trade to upgrade the roster.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Marksman

Quote:
It is really quiet on the rumor front with the Habs.
What do you mean by quiet? With Forsberg Smolinski and other rumours flying around?

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
What do you mean by quiet? With Forsberg Smolinski and other rumours flying around?
Old news, its been a week since there was anything from the Habs camp, go look at TFP they havent talked about the Habs since Jan 29, hockey Leaks has nothing and Spector has stayed away from the Habs for a week.

Old
02-04-2007, 02:09 PM
STAALing

"It's quiet now" certainly isn't a "sign" of something happening soon, let alone the feelings of some internet forums users. All "possible upcoming trades" will actually happen (or not) in a couple of weeks at the trade deadline (a much better sign of deals being potentially made).

STAALing is offline   Reply With Quote