HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carbo's Post Game Comments

Old
02-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500
I noticed two things about Huet:

1st of all, he gives out rebounds like crazy. Remember last year how calm he was, how his style was cooling off any energy the other teams had? It was like the puck would hit him and would get stuck on him like crazy glue. Sure it would give the other team a lot of face-offs in our zone but at the same time, everybody would calm down. Huet was in control. Not anymore. I don't know if it's because he changed his pads but he doesn't look or react the same way.

The second thing I noticed is the trafic in front of him, It has become unreal, the guy is so blind by the players from the other teams in front of him that sometime he looks lost and frantic like the goalie from the movie Slapshot. I'm pretty sure the word around the league is that that's a good way to make loses his concentration. But dammit how about clearing the crease in front of him? And why can't we do the same thing with the goalies from other teams..? We're too nice, that's what.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Schooner Guy

I love Carbo but one thing I'm really getting tired of are his excuse that the players don't give consistent efforts and that it's not him on the ice, blah blah blah. No it's not you on the ice Carbo. Your the coach and your job is to have your players ready to give that consistent effort every game.

No more excuses. Let's trounce Pittsburgh and finally win an afternoon game today.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I love Carbo but one thing I'm really getting tired of are his excuse that the players don't give consistent efforts and that it's not him on the ice, blah blah blah. No it's not you on the ice Carbo. Your the coach and your job is to have your players ready to give that consistent effort every game.

No more excuses. Let's trounce Pittsburgh and finally win an afternoon game today.
I wish Carbo was on the ice, he knew what it meant to be a hab.

Cap

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:11 AM
AH

Carbo is in way overhis head.

His lack of technical knowledge is killing this team. It's the same story for the last six weeks. The same excuses. He doesn't know why the team is not giving an effort, blah blah blah.

Well, maybe it's not the team but rather the system or the fact that guys like Paul Maurice and Ted Nolan (like in the 3rd period yesterday) completely outcoach him once they get their team's game adjusted. Carbonneau is unable to do the same. It's mind boggling how easy it is to play against this team once the other team adjusts in-game.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Carbo is in way overhis head.

His lack of technical knowledge is killing this team. It's the same story for the last six weeks. The same excuses. He doesn't know why the team is not giving an effort, blah blah blah.

Well, maybe it's not the team but rather the system or the fact that guys like Paul Maurice and Ted Nolan (like in the 3rd period yesterday) completely outcoach him once they get their team's game adjusted. Carbonneau is unable to do the same. It's mind boggling how easy it is to play against this team once the other team adjusts in-game.
I think Gainey was a better coach, but Carbs is still a rookie.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:32 AM
RE-HABS

With so many defensive minded people in the organization like Carbs, Jarvis, Muller, Melanson and Gainey you can tell the reason we have problems playing 5 on 5 is because of the lack of highly skilled players and because we have no offensive teaching coach to be a source of knowledge to lead them to better offensive play.

We need an assistant to Carbs that was an offensive player, too many defensive minded players here....sure Muller was a decent offensive player, but we need some help here badly....look at us 5 on 5 it is pitifull.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 10:57 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
The Downey, Murray, Streit line is gonna rock your world.
Yeah, I can see the parade route to the penalty box now.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote