HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas/Ottawa Potential Trade?

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2003, 04:19 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

vCash: 500
Dallas/Ottawa Potential Trade?

Armstrong was scouting Ottawa's most recent trip to Florida and Tampa Bay. Naturally, one would assume that it's defense that is the focus of the Stars interest. Karel Rachunek saw an abundance of powerplay time during both games, more than he usually recieves, so it is highly probable that he was indeed being showcased. Muckler said he has spoken with the Stars about a trade, but nothing is concrete.

If it was Racunek being shopped, what could Dallas be offering?

Old
12-06-2003, 05:15 AM
Savage

Send a message via AIM to Savage Send a message via MSN to Savage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyGarrioch
Armstrong was scouting Ottawa's most recent trip to Florida and Tampa Bay. Naturally, one would assume that it's defense that is the focus of the Stars interest. Karel Rachunek saw an abundance of powerplay time during both games, more than he usually recieves, so it is highly probable that he was indeed being showcased. Muckler said he has spoken with the Stars about a trade, but nothing is concrete.

I have read nothing but just to throw a name out there, Morrow?

Old
12-06-2003, 05:21 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage
I have read nothing but just to throw a name out there, Morrow?
Something tells me Morrow wont be traded for Rachunek. The myth, the man, the legend Bruce Garrioch talked about Scott Young as a potential return for Rachunek. What about Barnes? Rachunek and a pick?

Old
12-06-2003, 05:32 AM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyGarrioch

See some discussion of Dallas-Ottawa activity in this thread:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=33581

Also see this TSN article (referenced in this thread and here):
TSN Article on Sens Trading

From that article:
Quote:
Sources are saying that under no circumstances does Ottawa plan on trading Volchencov or any of their other young defencemen.
The way it was written (TSN staff/"sources") it looks like Bob McKenzie had an off-the-record phone chat with Muckler, as Bob will do trying to determine what is and isn't happening.

So I'm not going with the base assumption of this thread (others can of course): I don't believe the Sens will trade Rachunek (unless getting unfair value back). That "no circumstances" looks like a Muckler statement to me.

Now on other boards you have stated "If Havlat is what it takes to get Morrow, make the trade Muckler." (if this is not you or I misquoted please correct me). I agree except I expect that Mucks will get Morrow+ for Havlat, such as:

Senators: Morrow & Dan Jancevski or Martin Vagner(who is easy to scout for the Sens)
Stars: Havlat & Schastlivy

Yes, the Sens would like to get Ott but the Stars will not trade both Morrow and Ott.

Old
12-06-2003, 05:46 AM
officeglen

Garrioch (sadly the real one) wrote on Sens trading in today's Sun:
All quiet on the Sens trade front

Quote:
Looking for help on the blue line, Dallas GM Doug Armstrong and another member of the club's scouting staff attended the Senators' games against the Florida Panthers and Tampa Bay Lightning in the Sunshine State earlier this week.

It's believed the Stars have interest in defenceman Brian Pothier or possibly Karel Rachunek. The Dallas blue line has been porous this season after the loss of Derian Hatcher and Darryl Sydor to free agency in the summer.
So Bruce thinks the Stars are interested in a Sens D, but I don't think that is the case.

Quote:
There was talk out of Toronto yesterday the Senators were close to signing former Leafs winger Shayne Corson, an unrestricted free agent. Muckler said that wasn't the case, which means he's looking elsewhere.
Likely the Sens want a LW who can still play.

Quote:
A player on the Dallas roster who may interest the Senators is winger Scott Young -- even if he is a natural right winger. Young's playing time has dropped this season with Dallas and he's struggled with a minus-21 rating.

Sources say the Stars feel Young, who's making $3.4 million (all terms US) this season, might need a change of scenery and they've been shopping him around. It's believed Dallas might even be willing to pick up part of his salary.
-21 can lead to a "change of scenery" in this league. With a salary of $3.4 Young might get Curtis Leschyshyn if the Stars pick up the salary difference, but not a younger D. However Curtis didn't play against Tampa and Florida, so the Stars were not scouting him (Volchenkov and Pothier had the last two D spots). I personally don't see a Young deal happening with the Sens.

Edit: Also see the Sens forum thread: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=33798
and in the Dallas forum: http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=33576

Last edited by officeglen: 12-06-2003 at 05:53 AM.
Old
12-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Fantasywonder

From my understandings, Scott Young has a NTC. He has also been struggling due to a death in his familiy, add the horrendous start the Stars are having and you and your stats won't look good. His -21 is actually a -11 but every minus player on the Dallas Stars should be taken with a grain of salt. I mean when Jere Lehtinen and Mike Modano combine for a -17, you know it's the team struggle in general that's been holding them down. Both are widely regarded as top defensive forwards, probably the best.

I saw 50 Stars games last season and while Scott Young was an utterly streaky player, he was always making himself usefull. Very solid two-way forward who can exel on the penalty killing as much as on the powerplay. He also potted 23 goals orso, 15 in a 23 game span. He really is a world class sniper if he's in finding groove.

That said, I wouldn't look into his stats from this season too much, Young had 7 goals in 5 preseason matches and was their best player in camp to show he was poised for another 20+ goal season.

Old
12-06-2003, 06:36 AM
Egil

I have no idea where this "abundance of PP" time for Rachunek came from. He had 2:39 against TB (which was the same as Spezza, on the second unit), and 0:58 against Florida (which was half of the one PP we had). That is the normal amount of PP time Rachunek gets, not some abnormal thing. He is the QB of the second defense pairing on the PP....

Old
12-06-2003, 06:46 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
I have no idea where this "abundance of PP" time for Rachunek came from. He had 2:39 against TB (which was the same as Spezza, on the second unit), and 0:58 against Florida (which was half of the one PP we had). That is the normal amount of PP time Rachunek gets, not some abnormal thing. He is the QB of the second defense pairing on the PP....
I was merely relaying what was in the Citizen today.

Old
12-06-2003, 06:48 AM
BigDaddyGarrioch

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen

Now on other boards you have stated "If Havlat is what it takes to get Morrow, make the trade Muckler." (if this is not you or I misquoted please correct me). I agree except I expect that Mucks will get Morrow+ for Havlat, such as:
Lurker!

And why don't you post there? Feel free to PM if you'd rather not express it on an open forum such as this.

Old
12-07-2003, 03:09 PM
Transplanted Caper

If im Muckler I would do the Havlat for Morrow deal. Morrow would be a great fit on the Sens and although he is an excellent player the Sens have the prospects to replace Havlat.

Closed Thread