HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Day Thread: NYR-NYI

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 04:55 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Nyr-nyi Gdt

Figured it was time to get one started b/c I'm pumped for a great hockey game tonight hopefully.(Or I'll settle for a NYR blowout if I have to! :p )

Both teams should bring the hitting and the intensity.This is an absolute must win for the Isles as if they lose I think you'll see a major shakeup over the weekend to try and salvage this young season.Hopefully but the NYR's use thier superior size to their advantage and knock the Isles even further down the slippery slope they've been on the last few weeks.

I'm pumped to see Lindros take a spot between Matty-Simon.I think they'll be the best NYR line tonight and I think we'll see alot of physical play and net crashing from that unit.

Carter goes back w/Nedved-Hlavac and the Holik line remains the same with Lundy then cenetering Scott-Ortmeyer on the 4th.Scott can really make a contribution tonight with his aggressiveness and physical play if he keeps it under control in a game I'm sure the refs will call pretty tighly as to not let it get out of control.

Dunny in nets and probrably Little Ricky for the Isles.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:10 AM
True Blue

I'm actually really excited about tonight's game. While I know that JR will say that I use the term too much, however tonight's game is a must not only for the Isles, but for the Rangers as well. Rangers play something like the next 10 games against conference opponents. Every 2 point game represents a 4 point swing. The Rangers cannot afford to loose after the 'Leafs debacles. They really need the 2 points here.
Not that I love Mess being injured, however I am really excited about these lines:
Rosie-Holik-Kovalev
Hlavac-Nedved-Carter
Simon-Lindros-Matty
Scott-Lundy-Ortmeyer

Hopefully Jackass will roll 4 lines and that 4th line will get at least 10 minutes. I think that they will play a very up-tempo game and have a lot of energy. Hey look at that, a true KID line. I also expect the Lindros line to be very physical. I am hoping for success from that line so that Jackass would see the wisdom of constructing a line that is not a 4th line that has Lindros as a center and Simon as a wing. Who knows, maybe even that line with Matty as a wing will have more success than it did with Messier as a center and allow Messier to go back to a 4th line cener role with the kids.
I think that tonight's game will be every bit as nasty as the games against the 'Leafs. I think that the key for the Rangers will be to come out and take control of the game early, both physicall and by scoring first. Pumping in an early goal will set the Isles back and, given their rather poor play of late, may start to have the "Not again" thoughts going through their hands.
Anyone think that Simon will go at it with Cairns tonight? This should be a nasty, nasty game.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:11 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
I'm pumped to see Lindros take a spot between Matty-Simon.I think they'll be the best NYR line tonight and I think we'll see alot of physical play and net crashing from that unit.

Carter goes back w/Nedved-Hlavac and the Holik line remains the same with Lundy then cenetering Scott-Ortmeyer on the 4th.Scott can really make a contribution tonight with his aggressiveness and physical play if he keeps it under control in a game I'm sure the refs will call pretty tighly as to not let it get out of control.

Dunny in nets and probrably Little Ricky for the Isles.
I can live with Simon-Lindros-barnaby though I don't expect much production, but I think Sather's an ass (well, he is one no matter what) if he doesn't give Lundmark decent time to build on his performance..He's earned it while Hlavac, Nedved and Carter have earned nothing but a spot on the bench....But these things don't matter in Ranger land, so it's back to 7-10 mins on the 4th line..

Old
12-04-2003, 05:11 AM
Davisian

Is this game on Metro or MSG??

If its metro, I'm screwed.. Pisses me off to.. Why wouldn't time warner in the southern tier show a game between two ny teams???? ARRRGGGGHHH!!

And I know I could order Center Ice, but I'm so friggin busy with the house, I only have time for the Rangers and few other games.. Seems stupid to get a package for the few games that are on metro..

Old
12-04-2003, 05:22 AM
John Flyers Fan

The Isles have been just horrid of late.

Ever since Milbury effed up by startig the Weimer rumors and then dumping him, the Isles have been brutal in pretty much every aspect of the game.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:35 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Is this game on Metro or MSG??
And I know I could order Center Ice, but I'm so friggin busy with the house, I only have time for the Rangers and few other games.. Seems stupid to get a package for the few games that are on metro..
The game is on both MSG and Metro and as far as center ice that doesn't get the games televised on Metro either so that wouldn't help your situation either.

Games on Metro are on Metro only.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:55 AM
BLACKBURN

I smell a physical hockey game a brewing

Predict 5 -3 Rags !!!

Old
12-04-2003, 06:05 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
The game is on both MSG and Metro and as far as center ice that doesn't get the games televised on Metro either so that wouldn't help your situation either.

Games on Metro are on Metro only.
The Rangers must come out strong and shoot the puck at every opportunity. The Islanders are very fragile right now, so any early lead that they can get will be tremendous.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:17 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERDIEHARD
The Rangers must come out strong and shoot the puck at every opportunity. The Islanders are very fragile right now, so any early lead that they can get will be tremendous.
1st goal should be huge and the Isles have had tough starts of late and I saw that they are something like 0-9 when trailing after the 1st so lets get that 1st period lead.

Old
12-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Man, i really wanted to see this game, but got invited to see the NYC exhibitor screening of LOTR-Return of the King... well at least afterwards I can catch it on 'rewind', hopefully it'll be NYR's - Return of a win :p

Old
12-04-2003, 06:26 AM
OrangeAndBritishBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
I smell a physical hockey game a brewing

Predict 5 -3 Rags !!!
I predict a valiant effort from the Isles, much better performance than of late, but my gut feeling is they might just fall a bit short:

Head says a 3-1 win for the Rangers

Heart says: 4-2 in favour of the Isles

I think I might just follow the heart

Jay

Old
12-04-2003, 06:28 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Man, i really wanted to see this game, but got invited to see the NYC exhibitor screening of LOTR-Return of the King... well at least afterwards I can catch it on 'rewind', hopefully it'll be NYR's - Return of a win
My uuuber dorkness shines through and reveals jealousy!!!

That should be pretty cool..

PLEASE don't give any spoilers.. I want to see for myself what was cut..

Old
12-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
My uuuber dorkness shines through and reveals jealousy!!!

That should be pretty cool..

PLEASE don't give any spoilers.. I want to see for myself what was cut..
Nah, I wouldn't do that, i hate when people give away too much, but i'm sure it's going to be great. I'll just post more kudos tomorrow, won't tell you that in the end the Ring is lost forever until a loopy old hockey GM finds it hidden underneath a floorboard in the MSG executive's washroom....

Old
12-04-2003, 07:38 AM
Jackson Ranger

It should be a "dandy". MM talking about today being D-Day for his team, Holik calling out his defensemen, the teams just not liking each other...I can't wait. Maybe we'll see our first bench clearing brawl in some time. Too bad Kloucek isn't here to pay back Yashin!

Anyway, I'll go against all my logic and say the Rangers will win 4-3. They open up a 3-0 lead and then hold on in the third for the win. Carter, Leetch, Kovy and Holik with the goals.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:36 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
You got some double standard going or you just missed the last 12 games or so? Hlavac and Carter benched? for what?
I know, silly me and my high standards..Excuse me for not beinbg happy with the 2 even strength points and a -3 for both Hlavac the Horrible and that slug carter over those past 12 games you so conveniently mentioned.....You're right, they deserve a promotion not a benching..This is the Rangers after all..

Old
12-04-2003, 09:01 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
No, I think even if they had double their points and good +/- you would still be criticizing them.
Actually you're right, because 4 points, like Hlavac and Carter right now, sucks.....But I'm not criticizing Holik, Rucinsky, Simon, Barnaby, Kovalev, Messier and others...Why not? Becasue they are doing their job unlike Hlavac, Carter, Nedved, Poti and a few otheres..But hey, you wanna give them high fives for staggering incompetence, be my guest...

Old
12-04-2003, 09:23 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

This day is going way too slow.......got tix to tonights game and I'm counting the seconds. I love Ranger - Islander games, it makes you feel so alive.

Old
12-04-2003, 10:59 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I was just over on the Islander board and my counterpart, NYIsles1, posted this and I thought I would follow suit:

Folks, whoever wants to come here to talk about the game tonight is welcome on both sides, but were looking for hockey, not trolling.

Anyone who has to troll will have their messages deleted and if it continues will have their accounts given a ban. We're looking for quality hockey discussion not members looking to make problems.

That said, enjoy the game and Thanks.

12-04-2003, 11:02 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
<b><i>LETS GO RANGERS!</i></b>

4-1 win!

Old
12-04-2003, 11:23 AM
sickboy35

these games......

make me nervous as hell!! i'm not predicting anything cause i'll jinx us! so i'll just ask icelander fans is goddard playing tonight? if so this will be very interesting to see this game play out!

Old
12-04-2003, 12:48 PM
ihatenewjersey

lets go boys, big win tonite

Old
12-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Barnaby

Prediction - Scott kicks someones @ss

Old
12-04-2003, 01:25 PM
TrueBlue4life

Send a message via AIM to TrueBlue4life
i'm very nervous and very excited for this game.... we better kick some ass!
LETS GO RANGERS!

Old
12-04-2003, 01:31 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Man, i really wanted to see this game, but got invited to see the NYC exhibitor screening of LOTR-Return of the King... well at least afterwards I can catch it on 'rewind', hopefully it'll be NYR's - Return of a win :p
You gonna miss one of the best rivalries in hockey to see a bunch of midgets running after a ring for three hours?!?!?! NERD! :p

Seriously, I hope the 3rd one is as good as the first two were.

Quote:
make me nervous as hell!! i'm not predicting anything cause i'll jinx us! so i'll just ask icelander fans is goddard playing tonight?
Did you not read what Singin posted!!! You'll surely be banned for this reprehensible talk! The proper way to address them is fishstick fans anyways...

...Onto the game: No matter how bad each team is playing or where they are in the standings these games are almost always hard fought and close in the end. Two things interesting to see is, icetime alotted to players now that Messier is out and how the Rangers D reacts to some games where they were not sharp in front of the net. Now I'm gonna go start drinking so whether they win or lose it won't make much difference...

Old
12-04-2003, 01:36 PM
Barnaby

MORE LINDROS.... He's played well this season and should only play better with more ice time.

Closed Thread