HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Suspend Phaneuf

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2007, 12:48 AM
dodecapod*

vCash: 500
Suspend Phaneuf

For everyone who missed tonight's double header on CBC, you luckily didn't have to watch the frustrating play by Dion Phaneuf. While playing the point on a 5-on-3, he intentially snapped the puck at Luongo's face, hitting him square in the throat. Luongo went down in pain and had the trainer look at his bruised adams apple for quite a while. I am all for guys with those kinds of shots, but when they purposely shoot them at an elite goaltender's faces it gets ridiculous. If you watched the replay you can see Dion's eyes which lead to him shooting the puck at Luongo's throat. The NHL should review this play as soon as possible and I expect a hefty suspension.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:52 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodecapod View Post
For everyone who missed tonight's double header on CBC, you luckily didn't have to watch the frustrating play by Dion Phaneuf. While playing the point on a 5-on-3, he intentially snapped the puck at Luongo's face, hitting him square in the throat. Luongo went down in pain and had the trainer look at his bruised adams apple for quite a while. I am all for guys with those kinds of shots, but when they purposely shoot them at an elite goaltender's faces it gets ridiculous. If you watched the replay you can see Dion's eyes which lead to him shooting the puck at Luongo's throat. The NHL should review this play as soon as possible and I expect a hefty suspension.
I've never seen a more biases post.

You could tell what part of of Luongo his eyes were focused on during a shot? You think he meant to hit the 3/4 of a inch spot on a moveable target instead of the back of the net?

Old
Canucks19*

Suspend Brian Rolston, casue he did the same to Luongo on purpose, oh! and Daniel Sedin because he shot the puck at Luongos throat in practice a couple weeks back! these players dont deserve to be in the game

Old
PsYcNeT
The No-Fun Zone

Best first post I have ever read.

No lie, that's awesome character writing right there

Old
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Was Luongo in front of the net at the time? I did not see the play, but if Phaneuf has control enough to pick out an adam's apple (and therefore have the requisite intent to injure) I think that he would be scoring at a 200 goal per year pace.

Old
tricksta189*

how did he shoot it at his face on purpose, it wasnt like luongo was standing up and it hit his face...luongo was on his knees I believe.

Old
octopi

Quote:
I seriously doubt he was purposly trying to hit Luongo in the throat, probably trying to score on a high shot.Its a game of inches, and few have that kind of pinpoint accuracy....

Old
02-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Old
02-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 41814
if he can aim at a goalies throat and hit it intentionally hes th greatest player to ever put on a pair of skates

Old
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:

Yeah I'm sure he was aiming for Luongo's face and not a goal. Keep diggin', though.

Phaneuf shot his usual one-timer and it just happened to hit him on the mask. It's not the first time it's happened in the NHL and it probably won't be the last. Glad to hear Luongo was ok, though.

Old
Rover*

Phaneuf's shot didn't hit luongo in the throat cause if it did he would be dead. It hit him flush on the bottom side of his mask and broke the strap on his mask.

Old
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Suspend Kariya too. Tonight, he kept hitting JSG right in the chest with the puck, surely he was trying to cause JSG heart problems....

Old
02-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Geogaddi

I Expect a Hefty Suspension on Luongo for Standing in Front of those shots. Its ILLEGAL!!!

Old
dodecapod*

How am I biased? I just want what's best for the league. Phaneuf had his target set on Luongo. This does not mean every shot that hits a goalie in the throat is intential, but Phaneuf's was. You can see on the replay his eyes were focussed on his facial region. You guys shouldn't be laughing at a serious matter, sweeping issues like this under the rug won't solve anything.

Old
PsYcNeT
The No-Fun Zone

I can't believe how many of you miss the hilarious irony of this brilliant post

Old
Bucket

You really think Phaneuf purposly meant to shoot at Luongo's throat? I haven't seen the play, but I'm guessing there was a cluster of guys in front of the net, somebody passed it back to the point and Phaneuf shot it. You have barely NO control over those kind of shots, just really that it will hit the net.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Canucks19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Suspend Kariya too. Tonight, he kept hitting JSG right in the chest with the puck, surely he was trying to cause JSG heart problems....

Old
FissionFire

If we were talking Ray Bourque, then MAYBE I'd believe a defenseman was capable of picking out a target as small as a throat out with a slapshot. Phaneuf is not in that class, not by a longshot.

Old
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

i wait for a smiley face at the end of ure post but nothing

Old
02-04-2007, 12:57 AM
StreakingRed
#unsustainable

Quote:
You can see on the replay his eyes were focussed on his facial region.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

He had a target on Luongo's neck? I suppose these new visors have laser pointers like sniper rifles in movies, and we can see where he's aiming?

Damn, I have to get myself one of those visors.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Wilson View Post
He had a target on Luongo's neck? I suppose these new visors have laser pointers like sniper rifles in movies, and we can see where he's aiming?

Damn, I have to get myself one of those visors.
didnt broduer protest those?

Old
02-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Sportacus
:)

Quote:
How am I biased? I just want what's best for the league. Phaneuf had his target set on Luongo. This does not mean every shot that hits a goalie in the throat is intential, but Phaneuf's was. You can see on the replay his eyes were focussed on his facial region. You guys shouldn't be laughing at a serious matter, sweeping issues like this under the rug won't solve anything.

did you see the Way Luongo unnecessarily was laying on the ice for about a whole minute? Thats delay of game for sure... SUSPEND!!!

Old
02-04-2007, 01:01 AM
gobolt7

Enough.

Closed Thread