Notices

Byron Ritchie Is Easily Becoming One Of My Favorite Flames This Season

Old
02-04-2007, 02:44 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

vCash: 500
Byron Ritchie Is Easily Becoming One Of My Favorite Flames This Season

This kid has really stepped his game up since Iginla's injury. He's definately a keeper. Plays with a lot of heart and guts. What a great game he had tonight against the Canucks - won a fight, won faceoffs, scored, he did it all. I loved watching him take it to Burrows too, which is another thing I love about this guy, he's not afraid to tangle with guys bigger than him and in some cases twice his size. Thumbs up to Ritchie.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 03:58 AM
abracanada

Hopefully, he can keep it up. He was playing especially well when Iggy went down, then he tailed off. Maybe the benching will have a positive effect on his play as well. I don't expect him to elevate his game the way Huselius did, but he sure brought a lot tonight. A great little spark plug.

P.S. He did all of this **** disturbing tonight, with just over 6 minutes of ice time. Talk about maximizing your opportunities.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
This kid has really stepped his game up since Iginla's injury. He's definately a keeper. Plays with a lot of heart and guts. What a great game he had tonight against the Canucks - won a fight, won faceoffs, scored, he did it all. I loved watching him take it to Burrows too, which is another thing I love about this guy, he's not afraid to tangle with guys bigger than him and in some cases twice his size. Thumbs up to Ritchie.
its funny Ritchie has played the exact same way since he was signed... this isnt a new thing... except now he gets some ice time and pots a few goals and fans are loving him

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
I never really noticed Ritchie until this year.In fact, l felt his upside was as a 13th forward. However, he's really proven me wrong this year. He has all those aforementioned qualities,but what impresses me most is how well rounded a player he is. He should be a fixture on the bottom line as he is a bargain. I love well he sticks up for and defends his teammates, despite his size. Calgary needs more character guys like Itchy Itchy Byron Ritchie.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote