HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bye Bye Playoffs

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2007, 06:06 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 500
Bye Bye Playoffs

Anyone know when our tee time is?

7-0 to Kings.. OMG.. It's official were out of playoffs. Let the selling begin.

Gelinas, Roberts, Stumpel, Bertuzzi are as good as gone. Coming back? Dead weigth and picks that we cant use to draft a good player.

Old
02-04-2007, 06:51 AM
39ontheline

agreed, it's nice to see all that annoying optimism die finally. This is a lost season and has been for sometime. I still remember opening night when Potvin the genius said "Roberto who?" after the game. Good Call.

Old
02-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
agreed, it's nice to see all that annoying optimism die finally. This is a lost season and has been for sometime. I still remember opening night when Potvin the genius said "Roberto who?" after the game. Good Call.
People who invest monetarily-wise and time-wise have the right to be optomistic for as long as they want. If you're annoyed by it, it doesn't matter. The reality is that the Eastern Conference is very jumbled up for the last spot. I don't expect them to be, nor do I think they deserve to be, in the playoffs. But this game could wake them up somehow. Anything can happen, there's a lot of games left and they're not mathmatecally(sp, Ivy kept daddy up) out of it just yet. Bert's coming back, Roberts is coming back. Martin and the asst. could make a trade that wakes things up.

Though they probably won't make it, people reserve the right to be optomistic. I'm fairly sure noone cares if you're annoyed with their optomism.

Last edited by Laus723: 02-04-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Old
02-04-2007, 07:43 AM
HPanther

I'm depressed... I wish it could be October already so I could be optimistic for a couple of months again...

Old
02-04-2007, 08:18 AM
IceKatsRHot

Is it that time of the year again when we start hoping for the number 1 pick already?

Old
02-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKatsRHot View Post
Is it that time of the year again when we start hoping for the number 1 pick already?
Seems to come earlier and earlier each year doesn't it? Like Christmas Only far less so. Oh well, I'm looking forward to trade deadline day because it should very interesting to see what happens. If we don't make the playoffs next year, I don't even know what to think.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
02-04-2007, 08:40 AM
FlaPanthers7

Sure many of us have known we weren't going to make the playoffs for a while now, but when you spend as much as time (or money on season tix) you can still hope. I think the Pitt game dug the grave and this game put the last nail in the coffin. I mean 7-0 to the Kings at HOME?!?!?

It'll be interesting to see how the Panthers affect things at the deadline though - that'll be the only exciting thing this team provides from now until the draft. I'm really debating whether or not to keep my season tix...it's a lot of money for a yearly disappointment.

Old
02-04-2007, 08:41 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
was a terrible game, lack of effort in all positions, it was NOT a good night.. but what will ripping this team to shreads do? put us right back in the same position of rebuilding, sure the vets will go, but lets see how bertuzzi plays first before you just kick his ass out too. jesus. WE dont know how the team will play when roberts and bertuzzi are back in the line up and you guys are already about to take knives to your throats

I agree tho- that was a horrible game, my eyes almost melted, but im sure Martin will do something at the Deadline to wake up these guys. And that deadline is coming fast.

Old
02-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPanthers7 View Post

It'll be interesting to see how the Panthers affect things at the deadline though - that'll be the only exciting thing this team provides from now until the draft. I'm really debating whether or not to keep my season tix...it's a lot of money for a yearly disappointment.
We all know we'll just be picking up picks at the deadline which we'll mess up as usual. We'll get all the hype of players we draft to just 2 years down the row see who we could have got couple spots lower.

Old
02-04-2007, 08:45 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
People who invest monetarily-wise and time-wise have the right to be optomistic for as long as they want. If you're annoyed by it, it doesn't matter. The reality is that the Eastern Conference is very jumbled up for the last spot. I don't expect them to be, nor do I think they deserve to be, in the playoffs. But this game could wake them up somehow. Anything can happen, there's a lot of games left and they're not mathmatecally(sp, Ivy kept daddy up) out of it just yet. Bert's coming back, Roberts is coming back. Martin and the asst. could make a trade that wakes things up.

Though they probably won't make it, people reserve the right to be optomistic. I'm fairly sure noone cares if you're annoyed with their optomism.
I dont remember asking if anyone cared, nor do I remember asking anyone to stop, I just commented that it was nice to see the "crazy playoff talk" die down. Sure it's everyones right to be an optimist just like its my right to point out how insane I think it is even if Im the one in the wrong (which im clearly not this time). The east my be wide open but not for this train wreck of a team. Man I hit a sore spot. I like fans that face the realities of a team moreso than the blind optimists, personal choice thats all. This team is totally done, especially between the pipes. I finally wised up after 10 years or so and stopped investing monetarily in this team because of tools like Yormark and Keenan. When something changes with this team then Ill start spending money again, but for now, Im content just watching this team without rose colored glasses on.

Old
02-04-2007, 11:00 AM
sinDer

I think we all had big hopes before the season starts

but when you think about it...

even if Bertuzzi had played all year, we wouldn't have make playoffs

we were average at best last season with one of the best goalie (and I should say the best)...what can u expect of the team if u trade him?

Old
02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
I think we all had big hopes before the season starts

but when you think about it...

even if Bertuzzi had played all year, we wouldn't have make playoffs
I'm going to disagree on that point. All those one goal games, or those games where we were looking for a jump, Bertuzzi could deliver. He can land the big hit, and pot the big goal. I think we'd be at least sitting comfterably in the last 3 spots.

I just think it's a pathetic shame that this horrible franchise got unbelievably fleeced for Luongo. An AHL goalie, a #4 d-man and a star player for 10 games.

Just fold the damn team already and move them to Seattle.

Old
02-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanthemarsVolta View Post
I'm going to disagree on that point. All those one goal games, or those games where we were looking for a jump, Bertuzzi could deliver. He can land the big hit, and pot the big goal. I think we'd be at least sitting comfterably in the last 3 spots.

I just think it's a pathetic shame that this horrible franchise got unbelievably fleeced for Luongo. An AHL goalie, a #4 d-man and a star player for 10 games.

lol; your so optimistic!

Old
02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanthemarsVolta View Post

I feel the same way.. Only because Cohen doesnt deserve to have a NHL team, he's a horrible owner.

I never thought i'd say this but.. It's been a free fall since Rick Dudley was fired. Atleast he wouldnt have traded Luongo.

Last edited by Mogo: 02-04-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Lauser3*

Dudley was also a train wreck, the problem is that we keep getting guys that only hire their friends or family and only get players with some sort of personal history. Murray, Dudley, Keenan, Martin are all very guilty of that and they let their egos dictate their actions. These guys are like little children in very powerful postions. Scary!!

Old
02-04-2007, 12:41 PM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
Next year is when I decide if I give up on the team. It will be our first deadline, and free agency with Martin as our GM. Let's see what happens before we offer Seattle a team.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I'm not offering any city this team, they can't go anywhere anyway, and I'm not at all a fan with ros-colored glasses on, but I'm a fan! I'm not going to give up on anything, I don't like all this and hope things will be getting a lot better here soon, but I don't understand people saying they want to give up this team.

See the Arizona Cardinals true fans, talk about a team that's been through a lot.

Old
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I feel the same way.. Only because Cohen doesnt deserve to have a NHL team, he's a horrible owner.

I never thought i'd say this but.. It's been a free fall since Rick Dudley was fired. Atleast he wouldnt have traded Luongo.
I disagree about the Dudley part. He would've traded Luongo. He was notorious for constantly moving pieces.

Old
02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns View Post
I disagree about the Dudley part. He would've traded Luongo. He was notorious for constantly moving pieces.
Except Cohen would never let Dudley trade Luongo. Keenan could tell Cohen anything he wanted because Cohen thought he was a hockey god

Old
02-04-2007, 01:51 PM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Except Cohen would never let Dudley trade Luongo. Keenan could tell Cohen anything he wanted because Cohen thought he was a hockey god
But, if Cohen would only listen to Keenan, then Dudley would have ended up getting fired, anyways.

I guess this only works if we go back in time and "erase" Keenan. LOL

Old
02-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatmanReturns View Post
But, if Cohen would only listen to Keenan, then Dudley would have ended up getting fired, anyways.

I guess this only works if we go back in time and "erase" Keenan. LOL
Edit: I am now required to do a few hours of community service. Remember kids: Don't steal images! Because if you do, no one else can use them. Wait, no that doesn't make sense. Um, don't steal images from the internet otherwise you might look stupid for no apparent reason other than a site wanting to claim an image as their own? Yeah that's it.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 02-04-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old
02-04-2007, 02:21 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post

Doc! We gotta go back in time and stop Biff Keenan from destroying the franchise!

Marty, you don't understand. Biff Keenan would trade away the flux capacitor before we had a chance to fire him. You're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally!
PanthersRock, you got owned by an image.

Old
02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
PANTHERS OWN YOU*

why do people make such a big deal about takin their images

Old
02-04-2007, 02:30 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
annoying optimism? how about annoying pessimism?

as ugly as it was last night, it was still one loss. we weren't much better off before the game started yet mogo starts a thread as if it was armageddon.

am i saying we're going to make the playoffs? no, but i think we still have a "chance" - as slim as it may be. we get bertuzzi AND roberts back this week. the team was playing pretty well without them (save last night). adding them would be almost the equivalent of making two huge trades.

we'll see what happens i guess, but i still think theres a chance.

Old
02-04-2007, 02:31 PM
PantherBlood6*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey View Post
PanthersRock, you got owned by an image.

Closed Thread