HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Goaltending and game confidence

Old
02-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Bob A Booey

vCash: 500
Goaltending and game confidence

Quote:
"He has made so many great saves the last two games, it's much easier to play when you're not afraid what's going on" behind you, Frolov said.
When I read quotes like this it really makes me sick to my stomach about all the games that Clouts was in. Just imagine if we started the season with solid goaltending where we could be now. At the very least I think we would be competing for a playoff spot.

So...any news on Clouts? Is he done for the season? I really hope so.

Bob A Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:18 AM
faceoffking

i think he is. with realistically only about two months left in the season, and dan having hip surgery its very unlikely he would be healed in time for any more game this season. This is possibly the best thing that could have happened to the kings.

faceoffking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 09:28 AM
VisionQuest*

or the worst, depending on your opinion of draft position.

Personally I like the idea of playing some of the kids and getting their confidence a little bigger and bolder.

we're still 2-3 years away from making even a tiny dent in the playoffs, but I'm starting to feel a little more optimistic.

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 10:13 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post
we're still 2-3 years away from making even a tiny dent in the playoffs...
I think it's premature to make that statement. I think you'll know a whole lot more about this 2-3 year timeframe following the events leading up to the trade deadline. If Crow dumps a ton of veteran talent in favor of a bunch of unproven youngsters (draft picks and unpolished rookies) I think it's longer than 2-3 by at least a year. If he dumps a bunch of veteran talent but picks up proven young talent (and then uses them appropriately) I think it's realistic to expect a playoff berth not next season but the season after.

To me, his signing of Cloutier to the extension sight unseen and some of the offensive pairings makes Crow's judgement seem suspect to me. I think if he unloads Brown and Cammy his suspect judgement becomes confirmed insanity, unless he picks up not potential young talent but talent superior to those two.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:08 AM
VisionQuest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
I think it's premature to make that statement. I think you'll know a whole lot more about this 2-3 year timeframe following the events leading up to the trade deadline. If Crow dumps a ton of veteran talent in favor of a bunch of unproven youngsters (draft picks and unpolished rookies) I think it's longer than 2-3 by at least a year. If he dumps a bunch of veteran talent but picks up proven young talent (and then uses them appropriately) I think it's realistic to expect a playoff berth not next season but the season after.

To me, his signing of Cloutier to the extension sight unseen and some of the offensive pairings makes Crow's judgement seem suspect to me. I think if he unloads Brown and Cammy his suspect judgement becomes confirmed insanity, unless he picks up not potential young talent but talent superior to those two.
a "tiny dent" in the playoffs is qualifying and winning a game.

I have no reason to think this cant be accomplished by 09-10

VisionQuest* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2007, 11:21 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 and 14 View Post
I have no reason to think this cant be accomplished by 09-10
I think you do: principally the Cloutier extension (poor judgement) and the way the players are used on the ice. The transactions made by the Kings FO leading up to trade deadline will be telling.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote