HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread

Old
10-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy View Post
yeah, just go watch the redski....err the wiz...no, ummm dc united?

DC sports blow.
how about them Ravens

B-more is not too far...

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

M-v-p!!!!
wrong thread

Vladiator16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2009, 09:19 PM
scottyeffingwalker

Hey guys,

I'm visiting Verizon Center November 1, and I'm looking for a decent deal on tickets without paying the Ticketmaster tax. Anyone selling a decent lower level seat, or have a suggestion of where to find one w/o paying ticketmaster fees?

Thanks,
Jay

scottyeffingwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 06:29 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyeffingwalker View Post
Hey guys,

I'm visiting Verizon Center November 1, and I'm looking for a decent deal on tickets without paying the Ticketmaster tax. Anyone selling a decent lower level seat, or have a suggestion of where to find one w/o paying ticketmaster fees?

Thanks,
Jay
Stubhub, ticket master exchange, craig's list.

The usual suspects.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 07:52 AM
scottyeffingwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
Stubhub, ticket master exchange, craig's list.

The usual suspects.
For some reason, completely unknown to me, I had forgotten Craigslist. Nice.

scottyeffingwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Islander102

To any caps fans making the trip up on Saturday I have a couple of tickets I have to get rid of on short notice. Since I have nothing against Caps fans, I figured Id post them here. Tickets are in the 2nd row of the upper level, on the faceoff circle. Probably equivalent to the second row of the club level in your arena, if not a little bit lower. Tickets come with free vip parking. Looking for 30 each, Thanks

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Musto

hey guys i have an extra club ticket to the game in NJ on the 4th. anybody know anyone who wants it? face is 250, ill let it go for 100.

on the glass, parking pass, free food in the private club section.

all in all its a beautiful seat with the perks included.

i will be at the game myself so the transaction would be in person.

-- Thanks

pm me

Musto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 02:41 PM
ilovetheflyers8

2 Caps tickets to tonights game $22 each

Hey sorry posted this in the GDT but I thought I'd make a thread.

I deserve a facepalm because this is the second time I've had to do this, but I'm going to the game tonight and I bought 4 tickets though 2 people weren't sure they were coming. It turns out they are not coming so I'm trying to sell them. I bought them for $22 each, would anyone want to buy them? You could meet me at the front of the verizon center and I'll give you the one or two. PM me if you're interested. If you want to buy just one ticket that's fine too.

edit: Sorry Caps fans I hope you guys aren't annoyed by me posting this here.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Foy

Thanks for the merge mods. I really think we should only have 3 threads ever. GDT, News and Notes, OT.

Old
11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Jedrik

Just wondering: I'm from Montreal and I'll be visiting a friend who'll be staying in DC through Feb, March and April. Definitely want to see a game. What's the attendance situation like? Are Caps tickets hard to come by and is Ovie packing the place every night, or will there be some as we get closer to the dates? Thanks for any info.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

It depends on the opponent, really. Just about every game will be technically sold out (i.e. no tickets available at the box office), but there will be some available from scalpers, craigslist, stubhub, etc.

Toughest tickets to come by from those resources are Pittsburgh, Philly, and Rangers.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
It depends on the opponent, really. Just about every game will be technically sold out (i.e. no tickets available at the box office), but there will be some available from scalpers, craigslist, stubhub, etc.

Toughest tickets to come by from those resources are Pittsburgh, Philly, and Rangers.
Nice crowds for all games to date this season

Outside of the teams/games you mentioned and a few others (perhaps Detroit and Boston), there are still first sale tickets available via Tmaster for many games that far out on the calendar at this time. The Caps sold out of season tickets, but they held individual sale tickets to sell and outside of the biggest games. Also, sometimes some tickets get released the week of a game.

Note, there were tickets available to most games last time I checked, which was only a few days ago. I know I checked Detroit, Montreal and NYR games scheduled for 2010, and I found pairs available via tmaster.

About that timeframe, Feb-Apr, of course, there is the 2 week break for the Olympics the second half of Feb. if you know when you are making the trip, you probably want to buy the tickets as soon as you can, if you want to guarantee a particular game. Note, the Caps are using tiered pricing this year, so midweek games tend to be priced lower than weekend games. So if you know what game you want to plan a trip around, probably best to buy tickets now if you find seats and pricing that you like.

If you don't care what game or weekday vs weekend and only need a pair, you could probably gamble (at your own risk) if you want to wait closer to the time, and as noted there are always the secondary options listed above, as well as another one, the ticketmaster STH re-sale site - ticketexchange.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post

Thanks, man. Not too picky at all about the opponent, just generally excited to see a game in another building an especially featuring OV & Co. I noticed Tampa in Feb (I think) and Calgary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Nice crowds for all games to date this season

Outside of the teams/games you mentioned and a few others (perhaps Detroit and Boston), there are still first sale tickets available via Tmaster for many games that far out on the calendar at this time. The Caps sold out of season tickets, but they held individual sale tickets to sell and outside of the biggest games. Also, sometimes some tickets get released the week of a game.

Note, there were tickets available to most games last time I checked, which was only a few days ago. I know I checked Detroit, Montreal and NYR games scheduled for 2010, and I found pairs available via tmaster.

About that timeframe, Feb-Apr, of course, there is the 2 week break for the Olympics the second half of Feb. if you know when you are making the trip, you probably want to buy the tickets as soon as you can, if you want to guarantee a particular game. Note, the Caps are using tiered pricing this year, so midweek games tend to be priced lower than weekend games. So if you know what game you want to plan a trip around, probably best to buy tickets now if you find seats and pricing that you like.

If you don't care what game or weekday vs weekend and only need a pair, you could probably gamble (at your own risk) if you want to wait closer to the time, and as noted there are always the secondary options listed above, as well as another one, the ticketmaster STH re-sale site - ticketexchange.
Yeah, it won't be hugely important if it's a weekday or not. On one of the ticket sites I noticed seats available for a Pittsburgh game, but the prices are pretty insane. What are the official ticket prices/price ranges?
http://www.showtimetickets.com/event...oad&id=1364670

Old
11-02-2009, 03:07 PM
sk84fun_dc

If you don't care about the opponent, then I wouldn't spend the money to see Caps Pens, those will be the priciest tickets, unless you get a last minute deal when a broker or individual gets stuck with tickets.

Up to you about going through a site like that. I'd start with the resale ones mentioned earlier... or simply go to ticketmaster for individual game sales (not resales) and will show the face value pricing (before ticketmaster charges of course). There's a link if you go to the Caps site and click on tickets. The Caps have added a feature showing single game ticket availability categorized by general availability - they even have a category called best bets. But click on the links for the games you mentioned and you can see what is available - select type of section (club, lower, or upper) or price level.

Also, the Caps site has the ticket pricing by the 3 tiers - here is the link to the pdf link

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:28 PM
zion21

Just use ticketmaster's website or teamexchange!

zion21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
If you don't care about the opponent, then I wouldn't spend the money to see Caps Pens, those will be the priciest tickets, unless you get a last minute deal when a broker or individual gets stuck with tickets.

Up to you about going through a site like that. I'd start with the resale ones mentioned earlier... or simply go to ticketmaster for individual game sales (not resales) and will show the face value pricing (before ticketmaster charges of course). There's a link if you go to the Caps site and click on tickets. The Caps have added a feature showing single game ticket availability categorized by general availability - they even have a category called best bets. But click on the links for the games you mentioned and you can see what is available - select type of section (club, lower, or upper) or price level.

Also, the Caps site has the ticket pricing by the 3 tiers - here is the link to the pdf link
Wow, suprised that late-season games against divisional rival 'Canes and Thrashers are in the bottom tier of pricing. Hmmm. I could go for one of those. Atlanta vs. Washington might be a pretty intriguing matchup by the end of the season.

Old
11-02-2009, 03:44 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedrik View Post
Wow, suprised that late-season games against divisional rival 'Canes and Thrashers are in the bottom tier of pricing. Hmmm. I could go for one of those. Atlanta vs. Washington might be a pretty intriguing matchup by the end of the season.
There will be lots of goals most likely.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Foy

Quote:
For the Caps, there's no such things as "division rivals."

Anyone our team cares about is currently in the Atlantic division.

Old
11-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
For the Caps, there's no such things as "division rivals."

Anyone our team cares about is currently in the Atlantic division.
They'll probably start caring quick if Atlanta's somehow three points back going into their last game together.

Old
11-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Foy

Quote:
They'll probably start caring quick if Atlanta's somehow three points back going into their last game together.
we went through that with Carolina year before last chasing them down the stretch. Nada.

Old
11-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
we went through that with Carolina year before last chasing them down the stretch. Nada.
Admittedly, DC got a sucky deal with the divisional realignment, and so that is kind of a weird situation. But rivalries are born all the time. Having a few more healthy teams in the division will crank it up in a hurry. Atlanta looks as if they're starting to get there. But I'm now wandering.

Old
11-04-2009, 12:51 PM
fatloui

Quote:
Admittedly, DC got a sucky deal with the divisional realignment, and so that is kind of a weird situation. But rivalries are born all the time. Having a few more healthy teams in the division will crank it up in a hurry. Atlanta looks as if they're starting to get there. But I'm now wandering.
There's been plenty of competition in the southeast division, rivalries need big, passionate, crazy fan bases, which only DC has in the southeast.

fatloui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Patrick Division or bust. No offense to the Southeast clubs, as it's not personal, but it's not the same. Less about dislike for the SE division than fond memories of the Patrick.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 02:54 PM
BooRadley

2 Extra Tickets for Toronto Game Tomorrow

Leaf fan coming in peace lol. I posted this on the Leaf board as well, but a poster suggest I put it here.

I have 4 hard tickets for tomorrow's game vs Washington Capitals. I only need 2 of them as a friend backed out last minute. Whatever seats I sell, I'll keep the other 2 tickets so I can attend with my wife. The face value of the pairs (which is all I'm asking) are $217 golds and $165 reds each. Anyone need a pair? I know how hard tickets are to come by on Saturday games, and all my friends already have plans or are too cheap to take them. PM if interested.

BooRadley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2009, 09:49 AM
njdevil26

Things to do in DC?

Hey Caps fans... Devils fan here.

I was just stopping by to say that the Dec 26 game is coming up. The Devils fan club is bringing a bus of people down to DC for that game.

I haven't been to DC since I was 15 ish years old (I'm 22 now). My girlfriend and I will have from 2pm til game time for free time in the city. And I was wondering if anyone could suggest places to eat, sight seeing, places to go etc you know what I mean.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks everyone and it'll be a great game for the two best teams in the East!

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote