HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread

Old
09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
maple35

vCash: 500
Their are already some games that are sold out. I know the Detroit game Jan 31 is sold out and also atleast one of the Penguins games are sold out. I was told that the end that the Caps shoot twice at are basically sold out for the season. It will not be like years past that you could wait till a few weeks before a game to decide to go.

maple35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maple35 View Post
Their are already some games that are sold out. I know the Detroit game Jan 31 is sold out and also atleast one of the Penguins games are sold out. I was told that the end that the Caps shoot twice at are basically sold out for the season. It will not be like years past that you could wait till a few weeks before a game to decide to go.

Hell, even during parts of last year you could get tickets an hour before game time.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2008, 12:56 AM
LadyIce

Scalpers bought up blocks of tickets. In 420 they have 20 seats in one row. (just click on the section)

Some idiot is selling the half-price preseason tickets for $8,888.00

I guess these are marked up because they're near super Caps fan Pat Sajak!

LadyIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 833
OT: Nucks at Caps

Hi guys,

I'm going to be in Washington to see the Canucks game on October 12th and have a couple questions. First, will the game be sold out? What will a pair of mid-lower bowl tickets cost? If sold out, are there scalpers outside and is it legal to buy from them?

I called the Washington ticket rep and he wanted $105 per ticket but it included food and drink at the game. Is this a good deal?

Thanks.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Scamallite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple35 View Post
Actually the Wings game wasn't sold out. I was able to get a couple tickets (Section 226) from Ticketmaster.com at 10am this morning.

Go Wings.

Scamallite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:05 AM
nickyb

seating question (verizon center)

hey guys, i know this is kind of a random question, but i am coming out of town for a caps/bruins game and i just bought tickets this morning for the game. my seats are in section 400, row O and i was basically curious as to how far up row O would be in that section. for example, is the 1st row in that section row A? or is it different? just wanted to know how high or low i am in that section, thank you for any help! i appreciate it!

nickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Devil Dancer

According to a close friend of mine, opening night tickets are already sold out except for scattered individual seats. They went on sale 2 or 3 hours ago.

If you want seats to a single game, get them now.

Devil Dancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 10:54 AM
Jasper17

Opening night was always going to be a sell out, whenever you win a division its kinda a big deal.

As the season goes on tickets will be much easier to come by.

FYI, Club seats are still available.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 11:00 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

A is the front row, and I think S or T is the top (don't remember exactly), so you'll be closer to the top than the bottom of the section. Those should be good seats though.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 11:05 AM
itsjustsurvival
The Revisionist

i'll be at the home opener. haven't made it up for a game in forever. my friends and i got 4 tickets together somehow.

itsjustsurvival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 12:09 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Just got my Caps @ Ducks tickets! Row L along the blue line. So that's both Kings and Ducks so far. Kings tickets are right behind Caps bench. A little inside helper needed to get those.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Jasper17

I personally think the upper section is pretty solid at the verizon center. For O isn't that bad.

Old
09-20-2008, 01:41 PM
sikosmurf

VC is actually really good about visibility in the upper deck. The only places that suck are at the top row on the ends and the curves right next to the end. Mostly due to the score board getting in the way of the corners. Also, there are speakers that get in the way of looking at the other score boards, and since you are above the speakers, you can't hear anything.

Section 400, you'll be fine in any seat, although I prefer 404 and 430 myself.

Edit: Also, enjoy the game! We're typically not too bad with opposing fans, as long as you're not a dick about it. Re: Philly Fans.

sikosmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 01:57 PM
sikosmurf

I just bought tix off stubhub Nothing like a 100% markup + fees.

I'd be tempted to get season tix next year and sell the ones i cant make. Anyone have much experience with that?

sikosmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikosmurf View Post
I just bought tix off stubhub Nothing like a 100% markup + fees.

I'd be tempted to get season tix next year and sell the ones i cant make. Anyone have much experience with that?
You should have waited. About a week or two before the game is a much better time to buy tickets. Right now everyone jacks up the price because they know if no one buys them now they can lower them later.

They also have pick'em plans. That is prob a much better option that getting season tickets and trying to sell them. It would be for me at least, as a couple games a month is all I really need. Trying to sell 20+ tickets would be a hassle IMO.

Old
09-22-2008, 03:22 PM
wo4bb

Looks like I will be in DC for the March 1st game against the Panthers (gotta see my Ballard). I tried looking for tickets on Saturday (I saw they were on sale) and couldn't find any of the $60 or $80 tickets. Could those be sold out already? If so, how are the $50 upper level seats? I have ST upstairs for the Coyotes and love them but when I was in the VC last season I sat downstairs and the upper bowl seemed much farther away from the ice than at the job.

I will need two tickets, any help is much appreciated!

wo4bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 04:18 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wo4bb View Post
Looks like I will be in DC for the March 1st game against the Panthers (gotta see my Ballard). I tried looking for tickets on Saturday (I saw they were on sale) and couldn't find any of the $60 or $80 tickets. Could those be sold out already? If so, how are the $50 upper level seats? I have ST upstairs for the Coyotes and love them but when I was in the VC last season I sat downstairs and the upper bowl seemed much farther away from the ice than at the job.

Upper level are nice, although depending on where you sit the jumbotron might get in the way a little bit (sometimes it's lower, sometimes it's a bit higher). That's really only an issue on the ends though.

If you can, the club level seats are supposed to be really nice, but they're a bit more expensive usually.

Old
09-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Foy

Quote:

I believe all lower level tickets are sold out for the season.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 08:01 PM
wo4bb

Ok, another question, how are the club seats? I can get section 215 row d. How is that compared to the upperbowl? They are $90 tickets, I want to make sure I'm getting a good value!

wo4bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2008, 08:26 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Ok, another question, how are the club seats? I can get section 215 row d. How is that compared to the upperbowl? They are $90 tickets, I want to make sure I'm getting a good value!
Supposed to be the best seats in the house, and the food is better on that level apparently. The Caps just don't get any money from those tickets, which sucks.

Old
09-23-2008, 12:34 PM
sk84fun_dc

IMO, Club seats are a great view at Verizon Center; and if you don't mind being further from center ice I think they are still selling 49 club seats closer to the corners for some games, but I am not positive about that or whether they are doing it right at the start of the season, because while listed, for the game I tried, they came up at 90 a piece.

FWIW, a warning about section 215 Row D; IIRC, those seats are 1 or 2 rows behind the bank of cameras. If I am correct, I would not purchase those specific seats as they may have a partially obstructed view.

If those are the seats showing up because of the default definition, "closer is better", you might want to call Tmaster and see if different club seats are available or ask if that is the first row in that section.

Upper level: If you are in the closer rows in the upper level they are good seats. The back rows do feel a bit far from the ice.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 12:38 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Supposed to be the best seats in the house, and the food is better on that level apparently. The Caps just don't get any money from those tickets, which sucks.
fwiw, it's confusing and somewhat misleading to listen to the sales people about this stuff; IMO, since Leonsis and the Caps (Lincoln Holdings) do own a share of WS&E (last I knew it was 44%), but it is true those seats are not controlled by the Caps and the revenue stream from them does not 100% go to the Caps.

club level food: used to be much better than main and upper concourses; still better in some instances, but last season the variety and quality was less than in past seasons

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 09-23-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Old
09-23-2008, 03:27 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
fwiw, it's confusing and somewhat misleading to listen to the sales people about this stuff; IMO, since Leonsis and the Caps (Lincoln Holdings) do own a share of WS&E (last I knew it was 44%), but it is true those seats are not controlled by the Caps and the revenue stream from them does not 100% go to the Caps.

club level food: used to be much better than main and upper concourses; still better in some instances, but last season the variety and quality was less than in past seasons
Was it ever determined whether that 44% was 44% of everything, or whether that 44% was representative of the value of the Mystics and Caps and as such did not include VZC and the Wiz?

I don't recall ever seeing a definitive answer either way on whether Ted gets any money at all from the club seats and concessions.

Old
09-23-2008, 03:38 PM
rk50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post

Could you explain the club features a bit more? My fiance got me 2 club tickets for this coming season in 228 not realizing they were an actual club deal. So if you could just tell me a bit about the food, experience, etc I would appreciate it. Thanks!

rk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 03:50 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Was it ever determined whether that 44% was 44% of everything, or whether that 44% was representative of the value of the Mystics and Caps and as such did not include VZC and the Wiz?

I don't recall ever seeing a definitive answer either way on whether Ted gets any money at all from the club seats and concessions.
It's been discussed before and some info is in other threads; fwiw, I don't think the discussion belongs in this thread anyway, as we are off on a tangent, and this is for people visiting to see a hockey game; I'll post the link later. that might be tomorrow, when I get a chance, or bump an earlier thread

Club Seats question: all club seat tickets are not equal in terms of what perks come with the club seats; if you have season tickets there, you should call and ask what benefits you have with your seats; if you are talking about tickets for one or two games, not sure what exactly you are asking