HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread

Old
09-23-2008, 05:10 PM
rk50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Club Seats question: all club seat tickets are not equal in terms of what perks come with the club seats; if you have season tickets there, you should call and ask what benefits you have with your seats; if you are talking about tickets for one or two games, not sure what exactly you are asking
I only have tickets to one game... section 228. Just wondering what the deal is with those "club seats." If anything comes with them or what not. The websites aren't very clear.

rk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk50 View Post
I only have tickets to one game... section 228. Just wondering what the deal is with those "club seats." If anything comes with them or what not. The websites aren't very clear.
did you buy them straight from ticketbastard? If so, no perks short of you can buy the food on the 200 level.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 02:02 PM
JeffYear92*

hotels to stay in washington

me and my dad are going down for 4 days

we got a ton of stuff to do but we need to find a hotel

how nice is the fairmount??

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 02:27 PM
wo4bb

Has anyone used stubhub to buy tickets before? I'm guessing it's pretty reliable since all NHL teams use it.
I am looking at sec 112 row F for 89 each. How are those seats?

wo4bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wo4bb View Post
Has anyone used stubhub to buy tickets before? I'm guessing it's pretty reliable since all NHL teams use it.
Stubhub is reliable. I've used it several times and I believe they also guarantee the tickets.

09-27-2008, 06:19 PM
LadyIce

Quote:
Originally Posted by wo4bb View Post
They pretty good, especially for that price if they're regular season tickets. They along the side boards across from the benches.

Pat Sajak sits in row A of that section during the regular season when he's not shooting Wheel of Fortune.

LadyIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2008, 10:47 AM
Bmf316nhl
But there's no dog

Send a message via AIM to Bmf316nhl
Hey guys,

Does anybody know what hotel(s) that visiting teams stay at in Washington?

Thank you

Last edited by Bmf316nhl: 09-28-2008 at 10:54 AM. Reason: typo
Bmf316nhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

Hey guys, I'll be coming down from Ottawa for the Sens-Caps game on Feb 1. We start the trip back home the following morning - but our train leaves at 4am!

We don't want to get a hotel room that night, becase the odds of us pulling our sorry arses out of bed to make a train that early are nil, so the plan is to stash our stuff at the train station and wander around the city all night until it's time to go home. I'm looking forward to the prospect of seeing everything Washington has to offer, without being knee-deep in tourists, but I know that parts of DC aren't exactly the safest places to be milling about in the middle of the night. What parts of the city are safest for overnight aimless wandering? What neighbourhoods should be avoided?

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblegerman View Post
Hey guys, I'll be coming down from Ottawa for the Sens-Caps game on Feb 1. We start the trip back home the following morning - but our train leaves at 4am!

We don't want to get a hotel room that night, becase the odds of us pulling our sorry arses out of bed to make a train that early are nil, so the plan is to stash our stuff at the train station and wander around the city all night until it's time to go home. I'm looking forward to the prospect of seeing everything Washington has to offer, without being knee-deep in tourists, but I know that parts of DC aren't exactly the safest places to be milling about in the middle of the night. What parts of the city are safest for overnight aimless wandering? What neighbourhoods should be avoided?
Where is your train? Union Station? Stick to that area, the Adams Morgan area, and the immediate downtown mall area. I'm not sure if places like the Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial are closed off at night. I mean, I'm sure the gift shops are closed and whatnot, but meh.

Old
10-09-2008, 11:20 AM
The98thDegree

I ordered a ticket to Gartner Night from Ticketmaster when the tickets went on-sale...what, about three weeks ago?

But it still says my order has been received and the ticket is in the process of being printed...which seems a little ridiculous considering how long ago I ordered it. Anyone else having this issue?

The98thDegree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisiblegerman View Post

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The most dangerous parts of the city are the ones with little/no attractions anyway. If you don't look lost, you'll be fine.

I would check out the monuments/walk around the mall at night. I'm pretty sure the Jefferson/Lincoln memorials stay open...there isn't really a way to fence them off.

If you want to see a famous local eatery, check out Ben's Chili bowl, on U st between 13th and 12th on the north side of the street. It's open 24 hours.

Adam's Morgan is where "the strip" is. It's a 3-4 block long stretch of 18th st bounded by columbia rd on the north and U st on the south, where almost every establishment serves alcohol. It's kind of a zoo late night, especially after last call. If you want to see fights break out and make fun of wasted college kids tripping over curbs while stuffing themselves with pizza, it can be kind of entertaining. The best nightlife of the city, IMO, is located in the Dupont and U st areas.

If you're not looking to hit up any bars, I would just stick around the mall, and walk around. Just make sure you have a map.

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by The98thDegree View Post
I ordered a ticket to Gartner Night from Ticketmaster when the tickets went on-sale...what, about three weeks ago?

But it still says my order has been received and the ticket is in the process of being printed...which seems a little ridiculous considering how long ago I ordered it. Anyone else having this issue?
I wouldn't worry given the game isn't until late December, sometimes they wait until closer to the game dates to print and mail tickets; however, if it concerns you, your best bet is to contact Ticketmaster.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 10:24 PM
aero8279

I have 2 tickets that I can't use for the Devils/Caps game on Oct. 18th at Verizon Center. Tickets are in Section 403 Row N. Gate price is $25 each, I'm asking just $25 for the pair or your best offer. These are hard tickets. If interested please pm me. Thanks.

aero8279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 05:54 PM
hockeyscribe22

Staying Tyson's Corner for weekend...

Any suggestions on where to go to watch hockey on Centre Ice Package? Also, good places for NFL football on Sunday?

Thanks in advance!

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:39 PM
sk84fun_dc

I don't know any sports bars right in the Tysons area; you might try the Gordon Biersch at Tysons Mall - the bar area of the restaurant

if you have a car and no one can provide you info. for something right in that area...in this area, always best to call and confirm that they have center ice and that the game you want is being shown, but I'd recommend Bugsys for the hockey viewing if you don't mind driving...

some Northern VA sports bar/restaurant info:

Bugsys in Old Town Alexandria - owned by former Capital Bryan Watson; Pizza place with a sports bar (upstairs)

http://www.bugsyspizza.com/sportsbarindex.htm

in Falls Church, VA

Greveys

in Arlington, VA

Baileys Pub and Grille at Ballston Common Mall

http://www.tentcorp.com/

Summers Restaurant (Clarendon)

http://www.summers-restaurant.com/

Mister Days (Courthouse)

http://www.misterdays.com/

Crystal City Sports Pub (Crystal City)

http://www.crystalcitysportspub.net/

Alexandria, VA

Ramparts (I assume the one room still has a bunch of games on; I know some college groups used to hold sports viewing parties there)

http://www.rampsrest.com/Pages/HomePage.html

Not sure where NE Pats fans gather, but I imagine there are a couple of places that host gatherings in Northern Virginia.

Enjoy your visit and if you find a good place to watch the game, add to the thread

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Foy

Gordon Biersch is where the redskins film their mid-week sports show, right there in the bar. They and the Ruby Tuesdays upstairs will have football on, just now sure how much selection they'll have.

Old
10-27-2008, 10:41 AM
viventi

tickets to caps/rangers game sat 11/8

Hey, if anyone has tickets to this game let me know...im looking for between 2 and 4 tickets. pm me on here or email bell.lindsay(at)gmail.com

thanks!

viventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
bam09

Quote:
Originally Posted by The98thDegree View Post

If you have an account and used ticketfast, go to your account. And there should be a my last order page or something. There is an option there to print your tickets.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
KasparKrunch

Looking for 2 tickets for Saturday 11/8 vs. the Rangers.
PM me or email me at al0581@hws.edu

KasparKrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 11:15 PM
viventi

hey...i'm going to be going to my first game in washington this coming saturday. yes...i'm a rangers fan, but the caps are easily my second favorite team. so i'm really stoked for this game. im not even going to start on how much i like ovie, semin and green, so don't hate

anyway, i do NEED one ticket still, so if youre selling one let me know

but i had a question. how lenient are they at the verizon center about people moving seats? there's going to be four of us going if we get that one ticket, one person was a last minute and decided they wanted to go when i already had 3 tickets. do you think they could move and come sit with us, if there's room?

thanks!

Old
11-02-2008, 11:17 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viventi View Post
hey...i'm going to be going to my first game in washington this coming saturday. yes...i'm a rangers fan, but the caps are easily my second favorite team. so i'm really stoked for this game. im not even going to start on how much i like ovie, semin and green, so don't hate

anyway, i do NEED one ticket still, so if youre selling one let me know

but i had a question. how lenient are they at the verizon center about people moving seats? there's going to be four of us going if we get that one ticket, one person was a last minute and decided they wanted to go when i already had 3 tickets. do you think they could move and come sit with us, if there's room?

thanks!

If you can get by security no problem. Be prepared to have your buddy move though. Keep an eye on empty seats close by just in case.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 11:23 PM
viventi

How bad is the security? I figured I'd keep an eye out. Its just that it's so ridiculously easy at the Garden to move seats, security never questions you. I buy the 35 dollar seats all the time and move into the 150 dollar ones, piece of cake. Only time you ever have to move is if the people show up.

But then I'll go to a game in Philly and they're all over you if they think you're not in your seat.

Old
11-02-2008, 11:26 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by viventi View Post
How bad is the security? I figured I'd keep an eye out. Its just that it's so ridiculously easy at the Garden to move seats, security never questions you. I buy the 35 dollar seats all the time and move into the 150 dollar ones, piece of cake. Only time you ever have to move is if the people show up.

But then I'll go to a game in Philly and they're all over you if they think you're not in your seat.
You'll definately be asked to show your tickets when entering the lower bowl. You could always sit your 3, then one of you come back up with an extra stub and get the 4th in.

Old
11-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2010 View Post
You'll definately be asked to show your tickets when entering the lower bowl. You could always sit your 3, then one of you come back up with an extra stub and get the 4th in.
yeah, but there's a really good chance that person will show up in the 4th seat. If the usher notices people sitting in the wrong seat, there's a good chance they'll come down and ask to see people's seats.

Old
11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
yeah, but there's a really good chance that person will show up in the 4th seat. If the usher notices people sitting in the wrong seat, there's a good chance they'll come down and ask to see people's seats.
This year....yes I agree....