HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What's it gonna take

Old
02-05-2007, 08:38 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
What's it gonna take

for you folks out there (Rangers management and the Kool-aid drinking fans) to realize that this team is done for?

I know that Det is one of the better teams in the league, but c'mon, the season is getting tot he point where getting 1 point is mandatory, getting 2 when you're up 3-1 after the first period.

This team is toast.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
for you folks out there (Rangers management and the Kool-aid drinking fans) to realize that this team is done for?

I know that Det is one of the better teams in the league, but c'mon, the season is getting tot he point where getting 1 point is mandatory, getting 2 when you're up 3-1 after the first period.

This team is toast.
Yeah, I posted a topic like this about a month ago. Most fans who replied to my topic agreed with me...so I'm still not sure what the fans are expecting out of this team.

It's all about next year, because next year we should have a good amount of young blood in the lineup that should provide the spark we haven't had in 10 years.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:40 PM
The Thomas J.*

Please see my thread from Saturday called the Abyss.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:41 PM
StartLundqvist

Eh, I won't give up yet. Maybe Avery will give the team a spark. I'd like to play some kids though...

StartLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

This team is toast.
Anything is possible, but it don't look good, that's for sure.

So,are we still a Stanley Cup contender? Maybe it's time to trade Prucha, Hollweg and Dubinsky for Forsberg and Hatcher. I think we need some more Renney veterans on the team in order to make a run.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:55 PM
broadwayblue

it's still too early to say they're done, but it's not looking good. the problem is this team rarely get's hot to the point where they can win 4 or 5 in a row, which is what they need to do to really climb in the standings...but if they can start winning 2 of 3 or 3 or 4 they can climb back into the race.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Nich

the way we are playing now, we'd have to go on a 10 game win streak to be back in contention.....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
You know, we've been pretty awful for a while now, getting beaten soundly, playing lazy and getting beat...but I don't remember any of our famous meltdowns like we usually have.

Glad that my worries were put to rest tonight as the team went critical and melted down spectacularly.

At this point I'd rather not see us squeak in again. Can you imagine us having to play Buffalo or New Jersey (again) as the 8th seed? Jesus. I'd rather we be out of the race and try to shed some dead weight...starting with our defense. Though that's probably not possible.

Then again, the constant losing may bring out the worst in Jagr and Co. And poor Shanahan is going to have his Broadway debut spoiled.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
DontStaal

you know there is a bright side to not making the playoffs (or at least realizing that early on)

for one we can bring up some kids, see how they do in preperation for next season. Personally, I'd be excited.

or of course...

we can (like AJ said) trade all our top prospects for Forsberg, Tkachuk, Rucinsky and make a run for the playoffs.

hmmm

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:20 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Maybe Avery can light a fire. Seriously this was the worst game I've ever been to...but I just thought quickly...AVERY!....and I felt ok. I'm telling ya...he's just about what we need....however it would be nice if he was a dman

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:23 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Yeah, I posted a topic like this about a month ago. Most fans who replied to my topic agreed with me...so I'm still not sure what the fans are expecting out of this team.

It's all about next year, because next year we should have a good amount of young blood in the lineup that should provide the spark we haven't had in 10 years.
not unless renney is coaching.. and i can't believe how concerned i am that the rangers will not trade that talent for veterans.. its a mistake, even if these vets are on the young side, they need to develope a core

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Maybe Avery can light a fire. Seriously this was the worst game I've ever been to...but I just thought quickly...AVERY!....and I felt ok. I'm telling ya...he's just about what we need....however it would be nice if he was a dman
I've already had to read 'how you went to the worst hockey game ever' 3 times now.

I agree PLD, we've been through this routine before. They're done with unless they make more trades, and even then that might be tricky cause while we were handing the last few losses to our opponents all of the teams battling us for positions were busy winning.

Last edited by Bluenote13: 02-06-2007 at 10:51 AM.
Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:38 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

By next week this team could be the 2nd worst in the East. It's over, just look towards next year. Time for fire sale part 2 IMO.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

The only reasons i am saying that the Rangers arent out of it is because the teams in front of them could just as well collapse themselves and the team is streaky. Who knows. By next week they could be the 2nd worst team in the East or in 3 weeks they could be in 7th or 6th even.

If i was a to bet on this, i would say they miss the playoffs, just like i voted in last weeks poll.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:04 AM
dumpsathernow*

You're a little late to post this. I knew this before the season started. I predicted they would not make the playoffs and knew early last year that Renney was a total moron who didn't understand what prospects to play and who didn't have any desire to develop them. People thought I was nuts. There was no way after Dawes was sent down, Baranka wasn't put on the team along with Immonen that this team was going anywhere. Renney and management obviously didn't learn from last year that you can win with one consistent scoring line, a below average scoring second line and 3rd and 4th lines who have players that are luck to get 7 points a year.

dumpsathernow* is offline   Reply With Quote