HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Stortini/Cooke

Old
02-05-2007, 03:27 PM
MotorSportsGordon

vCash: 500
Stortini/Cooke

In Teusdays game against the nucks will Zack Stortini confront Matt Cooke?

MotorSportsGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
GoingGoingGagner

Yup. Will Cooke turtle? Yup.

GoingGoingGagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Oilerfan_55

Even is someone smaller went after cooke, the result would be the same (No gloves dropped). Maybe Smid will lay a beat-down on him....

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Bergeron47

If MacT lets Zach come out to play

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:05 PM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext View Post
Yup. Will Cooke turtle? Yup.
I was gunna say the same thing. He wouldn't fight, he's of the Avery make up.

rigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:08 PM
DousedInOil

Cooke won't fight. I hate players like cooke.

DousedInOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

How big is Stortini? I think Cooke would drop the gloves in the right situation, ONLY if Stortini is around his size/smaller. Don't expect Cooke to fight someone double his size, ala Lecavalier/Chara.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Towelie*

Why would Cooke fight a goon like Stortini? Stortini sucks at hockey, but is a good fighter.

The irony of Oilers fan getting pissed at Cooke and praising Stortini is comical at best.

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:24 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
Why would Cooke fight a goon like Stortini? Stortini sucks at hockey, but is a good fighter.

The irony of Oilers fan getting pissed at Cooke and praising Stortini is comical at best.
maybe its because we respect players who keep the freaking mouth shut if they cant back it up and vice versa .... players like cooke and avery are a joke and a disgrace to the league, and to men actually now that i think of it.... the only reason they flap their lips is because they know the rules dont allow for any retribution by other players.... hes a better player than stortini, no doubt about that, by a long shot in fact.... but we're not talking about who is the most skilled, nor are we talking about who is the toughest.... we're talking about a guy who yaps and yaps because he can get away with it.... i suppose if you actually *like* people like that in life, then you might be a fan of such a player.... but if you like people like that, then i feel sorry for your friends and family, cause you must be a jackass as well

dont bother replying to me, i wont be coming back to the gong show that this thread is going to turn into

jadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
maybe its because we respect players who keep the freaking mouth shut if they cant back it up and vice versa .... players like cooke and avery are a joke and a disgrace to the league, and to men actually now that i think of it.... the only reason they flap their lips is because they know the rules dont allow for any retribution by other players.... hes a better player than stortini, no doubt about that, by a long shot in fact.... but we're not talking about who is the most skilled, nor are we talking about who is the toughest.... we're talking about a guy who yaps and yaps because he can get away with it.... i suppose if you actually *like* people like that in life, then you might be a fan of such a player.... but if you like people like that, then i feel sorry for your friends and family, cause you must be a jackass as well

dont bother replying to me, i wont be coming back to the gong show that this thread is going to turn into
BA-ZING!

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:56 PM
mvprimate

Don't get me wrong because i seriously think cook is one of the dirtiest players in the league. He makes his living on dirty hits from behind and refuses to own up to his actions (fight).

Even considering this it is laughable at best to think that cooke should fight stortini. These two aren't even in the same class. Maybe cooke fighting torres or something like that would be a little more reasonable.

mvprimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post

But yet you respect talentless thugs? Right.....

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Cerebral

There is not a guy in the NHL I hate more than Matt Cooke... the guy is a gutless puke and I can sincerely say I wouldn't feel any different if he was on the Oilers. Didn't he sloughfoot someone last game?

02-05-2007, 06:27 PM
smytty's mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Didn't he sloughfoot someone last game?
yeah, horcoff on thursday night.

smytty's mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Our players better not go down tommorow if Cooke is on the ice. He will hit them when they are on their knees like he hit Huselius on Saturday.

He is suck a little *****. He wears a visor and acts like he is a big tough guy. If you play and talk the way he does, then either fight, or take off the visor and stop acting like a big hero.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 06:50 PM
The Overseer*

What's wrong with the Oilers? Are they allergic to being bodychecked?

This thread is hilarious, especially from the home of Esa Tikanen, Raffi Torres, Chris Pronger, Ken Linseman, etc.

Oiler fans whining about dirty play. Jesus, that's rich.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Loweball

I get to see Matt Cooke all the time. He is effective at what he does.

Stortini needs to send a message next game and Cooke is currently the Canucks toughest player. Who should Stortini go after if not Cooke? I say Stortini should crush anybody who gets in his way.

And who said teams in this new NHL don't need an enforcer? Intimidation and knowing your team has the toughest guy on the ice goes a long way still. The Oilers grew a few inches and gained a few pounds with a tough guy back in there. And Stortini isn't useless out there. He creates things. I think he is showing how important BG was for the Oilers.

Loweball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post

What's wrong with the Oilers? Are they allergic to being bodychecked?

This thread is hilarious, especially from the home of Esa Tikanen, Raffi Torres, Chris Pronger, Ken Linseman, etc.

Oiler fans whining about dirty play. Jesus, that's rich.
Are we complaining about being hit by players like Mitchell, and Bieksa? No, as a matter of fact I really like those players.

It is Matt Cooke that pisses us off. He wears a visor acts tough and always runs away.

Tell me what you thought of his hit Saturday when Huselius was on his knees?

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:06 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemmersaJemmer View Post
Cooke has fought a fair amount of times in his career, but he usually only picks guys his size. Rarely will Cooke attack a guy who has a clear physical advantage. Rather, he'll attack him, he just won't drop the gloves with them.

Players like Cooke are not rare in the NHL, however. Nearly every NHL team has their counterparts. Pests can make a go of it in the NHL if they have any level of skill to speak of. Cooke happens to be a pretty good player despite his lack of perceived ethics.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Oilers Fan 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemmersaJemmer View Post
hes one of those guys who u love to hate, but you also love to have him on your team....another example: darcy tucker

Oilers Fan 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancityluongo View Post
How big is Stortini? I think Cooke would drop the gloves in the right situation, ONLY if Stortini is around his size/smaller. Don't expect Cooke to fight someone double his size, ala Lecavalier/Chara.
Cooke would fight Hemsky or Nedved, that's about it.

Oi'll say! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:20 PM
TheGreatone94

Storts should run wild against all of Vans skill guys. Get a extra shot in on the Sedins or Naslund. Get close to Luongo and rattle him. No one on the canucks will keep him in check, and just like Van fans have established, if he can get away with it he should do it. Im tired of these cheap players injuring our guys. Its time for our guys to start hitting back, cheap shots or not.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:

Nobody's praising Stortini, just saying that it would be nice to see Cooke get a beat-down so that none of our Oilers would be in danger of getting run from behind.

FWIW, praising Stortini and getting pissed at Cooke would be no big deal anyways. Stortini gets paid to play like a man, Cooke gets paid to play like a dirty little coward.

The Oilers don't currently employ a player of Cooke's ilk and I don't recall the last Oiler who was famous for throwing dirty hits and then turtling. You guys had two until Ruutu left.

Kind of ironic to see a Canuck fan trying to claim the moral high ground on this topic.

Oi'll say! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:45 PM
CHL RANGERS

Quote:
But yet you respect talentless thugs? Right.....
difference between Stortni and Cooke:

Stortni talentless thug that will fight

Cooke talentless coward that does something and runs away to the bench

CHL RANGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM
hemigod

Matt Cooke is an effective player at what he does. Gets the other team distracted with wanting to get back at him.

If the Oil want to get back at Cooke, then ask him to dance. If (and when) he refuses start taking liberties on the skill players on the Nucks.

Ian Laparriere(sp) takes runs at anybody with a pulse as well, but because he has the nards to drop the flippers from time to time, occasionally giving up 30-40 lbs, he gets much more respect than Cooke will ever recieve.

How about Cooke vs MAB tuesday night.

hemigod is offline   Reply With Quote