HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stortini/Cooke

Old
02-05-2007, 08:03 PM
The Overseer*

vCash: 500
I just hope Hemsky gets better at taking hits. You know Cooke will be looking for him with his head down.

The way Hemsky deals with contact right now, he could get hurt.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsson Schmilsson View Post
I just hope Hemsky gets better at taking hits. You know Cooke will be looking for him with his head down.

I couldn't disagree anymore, Hemsky has proven this season that he is more than willing to take a hit to make a play and he's fairly durable for a player who gets hit as much as he does. Now if Cooke tries to cheapshot him (which he likely will, Cooke is easily one of the dirtiest players in the league) like Boogaard did, it's a different story.

02-05-2007, 08:08 PM
T-Funk

yeah cooke and laperriere are the two i hate the most

but like hemigod said, laperriere has the balls to back it up

stortini is not effective from the box, i hope macT tells him to just play like cooke

T-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
i hope macT tells him to just play like cooke
I agree that if they run our best players we should run theirs, but I don't our players turtling afterwards.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:23 PM
McDeepika

Quote:
I just hope Hemsky gets better at taking hits. You know Cooke will be looking for him when he is on his knees.

Fixed it for you. Again it wasn't a huge hit or anything, but I find it funny you haven't responded to the hit he gave Huselius.

O and at least Hemsky has the stones to deal with contact. Cooke would do what he always does and run away.

McDeepika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:00 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeol15 View Post
difference between Stortni and Cooke:

Stortni talentless thug that will fight

Cooke talentless coward that does something and runs away to the bench
Matt Cooke isn't talentless....

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:07 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I agree that if they run our best players we should run theirs, but I don't our players turtling afterwards.
well we just wont fight anyone but cooke
tell em if they want it to stop, they can put him out on the ice where he can fight like a man

Old
02-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Oilerfan_55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
I like how you don't argue about him being gutless though....

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:20 PM
fullclip
Prepare to die

Go ahead and run after Cooke all night. Hes doing a good job.

fullclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:52 PM
HOF

If player like Cooke are allowed to put on their pathetic cowardly acts, then someone on the Oilers has to step up and do the same on a skilled Vancouver player. Get under their skin.

Do one of Cookes pathetic patented plays. Run someone after the whistle and then run to the bench.

Did anybody hear Team 1260 last week? Friday I think. They were calling Stauffer "Big P***Y" b/c he looks like that guy from the Sopranos.

Stauffer goes, "Hey, speaking of a BIG P***Y. How about number 24 on the Canucks!"

Called him a gutless puke. Said guys like him stay in the NHL because they hide behind the instigator.

He was 100% right.

I know cooke has a job, but he is such a coward. He's not a man at all. I see Avery drop them. Avery has 100X more balls than Cooke. Even Avery puts Matt Cooke down, that's how pathetic COoke is.

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:53 PM
T-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Wrister View Post
Go ahead and run after Cooke all night. Hes doing a good job.
it wont be cooke theyll be running after

Old
02-05-2007, 09:58 PM
HOF

Cowan is the only guy that would fight. I know Bieksa and Mitchell would as well.

Too bad we don't have Moreau yet. I know Moreau beat the living daylights out of Mitchell before. He would make Burrows look like a girl, and he could probably beat Bieksa.

Moreau would be the first guy to take action against the garbage Cooke would spew out on the ice.

I also laugh when people say we have Torres. Torres is sleeping half the time (not lately). The guy NEVER throws late hits after the whistle, etc. He doesn't even instigate things. He literally just goes about his way and sometimes throws a few big hits.

It's laughable when I see Vancouver fans comparing him to Torres.

Torres is the complete opposite in my eyes.

Old
02-05-2007, 10:16 PM
stangconv

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot_Scorer View Post
If player like Cooke are allowed to put on their pathetic cowardly acts, then someone on the Oilers has to step up and do the same on a skilled Vancouver player. Get under their skin.

Do one of Cookes pathetic patented plays. Run someone after the whistle and then run to the bench.

Did anybody hear Team 1260 last week? Friday I think. They were calling Stauffer "Big P***Y" b/c he looks like that guy from the Sopranos.

Stauffer goes, "Hey, speaking of a BIG P***Y. How about number 24 on the Canucks!"

Called him a gutless puke. Said guys like him stay in the NHL because they hide behind the instigator.

He was 100% right.

I know cooke has a job, but he is such a coward. He's not a man at all. I see Avery drop them. Avery has 100X more balls than Cooke. Even Avery puts Matt Cooke down, that's how pathetic COoke is.
Burn

stangconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:

Have you watched him much this year? He has gotten far better at keeping his head up and angling his body etc... to lessen the impacts of hits. In the past very true.

I remember 1 game against Colorado he kept running right into Rob Blake elbows and shoulders over and over in the same game and was just brutalized because of it. I noticed Blake tried something similar in the first couple games against the Kings and Hemsky was smart and Blake totally missed or did not catch much of him.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:27 PM
lopper

Cooke is a chump and hopefully the Oilers just let him act like a fool on the ice and not take any retaliation penalties when he is on the ice.

lopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:34 PM
CHL RANGERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
if giving out cheap shots and then hiding is a talent then he has alot of talent

CHL RANGERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:

What's wrong with the Oilers? Are they allergic to being bodychecked?
What's with Canucks fans moving onto our board everytime the two teams are about to play eachother? Seriously. I don't recall Oilers fans heading over to the Canucks forum when there was some heavy Roloson bashing going on after a game earlier this season.

Matt Cooke is a *****.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:38 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
it wont be cooke theyll be running after
OOOOH, the big bad oilers are going to get him.

Yawn. Bunch of girls.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:42 PM
HOF

Quote:

Yawn. Bunch of girls.
Girls? I like tough physical hockey. What I don't like is the girly games Cooke plays. I don't have any respect for that type of crap. Hitting people after whistles, slewfoots on purpose, etc.

I hate Calgary, but I respect them in this regard. They don't have **** disturbers like a Cooke. Hell, even Burrows is down right annoying. At least learn to skate a bit before you start yapping at everybody like you've been in this league 10 years.

The only guy I would be annoyed of is Roloson if I was another fan. Even he's stopped all his whining antics. He didn't even utter a word the last game and he was being pushed around.

Old
02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:

Yawn. Bunch of girls.
And yet you stick up for a guy that would get ragdolled every game if it wasn't for the instigator rule? Good job.

Not surprising that Canucks fans love Cooke and call anyone who disagrees with what he does "a bunch of whiners". Afterall, this is a fanbase that thought Bertuzzi was the victim after he broke Moore's neck.

If Cooke ends Hemsky's career, will you guys give him a standing ovation as well? Just curious.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:53 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot_Scorer View Post
Cowan is the only guy that would fight. I know Bieksa and Mitchell would as well.

Too bad we don't have Moreau yet. and he could probably beat Bieksa.
I'd lay some coin on that tilt. Bieksa is a sick fighter but is too important to our team to throw 'em anymore.

Search his montage of youtube, he is basically undefeated at the NHL level.

hockeyfan125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 10:57 PM
HOF

Oh I know Bieksa is tough. I like that guy. Very solid dman.

I guess hiom and Moreau would be close. Moreau is bigger though. Would be a good fight.

Old
02-05-2007, 11:03 PM
quat
winsome, loathsome

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvprimate View Post
Don't get me wrong because i seriously think cook is one of the dirtiest players in the league. He makes his living on dirty hits from behind and refuses to own up to his actions (fight).

Even considering this it is laughable at best to think that cooke should fight stortini. These two aren't even in the same class. Maybe cooke fighting torres or something like that would be a little more reasonable.
Well, just because you think it, doesn't make it so. Cooke always finishes his hits, and sorry, but they're not any dirtier than any other hard hitting player. I'd like to see a list of these extremely dirty hits that Cooke has put on players, because I've been watching him play for years and they just aren't there.

Oppostion players don't like guys like Cooke because he makes them pay on the ice every shift.

I can certainly understand fans who don't like players who won't fight (although I'm pretty certain most of the complainers are likely those who wouldn't fight either.. but whatever), and Cooke has shown he avoids fighting like the plague.

I have no problem with fans disliking players for almost anything, and I have no problem with fans hating Cooke... heck I doubt I would like him if he played for the Oilers, but that doesn't mean he's dirty.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 11:33 PM
HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
Well, just because you think it, doesn't make it so. Cooke always finishes his hits, and sorry, but they're not any dirtier than any other hard hitting player. I'd like to see a list of these extremely dirty hits that Cooke has put on players, because I've been watching him play for years and they just aren't there.

Oppostion players don't like guys like Cooke because he makes them pay on the ice every shift.

I can certainly understand fans who don't like players who won't fight (although I'm pretty certain most of the complainers are likely those who wouldn't fight either.. but whatever), and Cooke has shown he avoids fighting like the plague.

I have no problem with fans disliking players for almost anything, and I have no problem with fans hating Cooke... heck I doubt I would like him if he played for the Oilers, but that doesn't mean he's dirty.
This thread is about him being classless. Snow Washes on goalies, slew foots, hits AFTER whistles, and dirty hits like on Calgary. He's done more than his fair share to earn the gutless stature. He can't own up to anything he does.

Old
02-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Cooke won't fight. He's just an agitator...

It's hilarious how Ray Ferraro always cuts him up though. hahaha. He always sounds so disgusted with Cooke.

"they run around the ice being pests because of the instigator rule"

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote