HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline - 2nd line RW, top 4 d-man or stand pat??

Old
02-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Trade deadline - 2nd line RW, top 4 d-man or stand pat??

Do we add a bonafide 2nd line RW to play with Huselius/Langkow, a top four d-man to pair with Robyn Regehr or stand pat since we got Conroy ?? And what will it cost???

My vote - Top 4 dman to pair with Regehr. Cost - 1st rounder and prospect like Nystrom.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 05:55 PM
PapaBear*

I would like to see Guerin and Stuart here.

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:06 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
I would like to see Guerin and Stuart here.
Stuart? I don't know why he would go to calgary over the flames... do the flames have the same youth/prospects that the oilers are willing to get rid of? Either way he probably won't come to either city before the playoffs. Would be wierd to see Guerin in cowtown. Good luck though he might costs a little bit.

DousedInOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Lunatik*

i want to see the flames add another defenseman... but instead of going for someone who is going to have a bidding war for him... why not make a pitch for someone like Barrett Jackman?? he can play top 4 minutes and wont cost nearly as much as Stuart... plus he will an RFA so he wouldnt eb a pure rental player

as for up front some more depth would be good, i must admit i am not really comfortable seeing Moss playing on the 2nd line... i wouldnt mind seeing the Flames go after soon to be UFAs Bryan Smolinski, Mike Knuble, Freddie Modin, Gary Roberts or Owen Nolan... but with the pending UFA ststus of Amonte, Nilson, Friesen, Ritchie and McCarty i would prefer the Flames to make a pitch for someone that can also help next year maybe someone like Brad Boyes, Chris Gratton, Nathan Horton (he is rumored to want out of Florida), Dustin Brown, RJ Umberger or Dallas Drake (although i doubt the Blues will make him available)

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Rock the Casbah

I would say a second line RW, as Playfair seems afraid to play Lombardi there (which is something I would try if mutually agreed upon). Also, perhaps another defender might not hurt. As Lunatik said, Jackman might be a good addition, but I am not sure if St. Louis would be willing to give up on one of their younger players when they are "semi-rebuilding".

Rock the Casbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Rudolf Yaber

I'd like to see Owen Nolan on the right side.

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:04 PM
francklem

Can Lombardi play RW ?

francklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
HuskyFlames

As far as Im concerned, Moss has been a big body that is driving to the net and opeing up space on the #2 RW spot.

As it stands, we need a puck moving defenseman more than a #2 RW. Our offense has been great...we just need another puck mover for depth.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by francklem View Post
Can Lombardi play RW ?
no but he plays LW and Huselius plays both wings... why Lombardi isnt playing in the top 6 is beyond me... I could understand him being on the 3rd line with Kobasew when he returns because that with give us even greater scoring depth... but right now you have Lombo creating wasted chances... but having Ritchie/Nilson/Friesen/Amonte playing on his wings those chances will not be buried

Old
02-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Lanny MacDonald*

Aaron Miller. Perfect fit.

Lanny MacDonald* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2007, 09:57 PM
cgy#1faninvancouver

I would like Sutter to get a skilled D-man,but I'm just wonderingo we need a RW or a LW player?

cgy#1faninvancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 12:09 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perogieboy View Post
Nolan for Kobasew?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 02:07 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Nolan for Kobasew?
Terrible.

Old
02-06-2007, 02:10 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perogieboy View Post
Oh he is on the right side, that being not our side.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:34 AM
debil

Flames dont need d-man. They have 3 top defenders: Hamrlik, Phaneuf, Regehr. 2 skilled guys Warrener and Ference and young talent Giordano. Thats good mix. Hamrlik is gonna be UFA this summer, Flamres should concentrate to resign him. Actually, the team is well build for play-off. Flames should look into the future since several veterans will most likely leave the team as UFA's in the summer. At most I would accept some skilled (2nd or 3rd line level) defensive left wing.

debil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:47 AM
Jarome-a-Rome

I'm not hoping for this, but I just think that what Sutter will go after is a 2nd line RW... the rental D are few and far between, and that will definitely make them expensive, and Sutter has proven that he is not willing to make a deal if it isn't at least a close value trade. For instance, he isn't gonna give up Nystrom and a first for Stuart, and that is what he may have to give in order to get him. There are however, quite a few scoring wingers, which will drive their value down, and that makes me think that Sutter will be going after one of those.

Jarome-a-Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
Terrible.
I thought you guys were fed up with Kobasew. Maybe I've just been listening to the wrong gripers? All of us Phoenix fans are pretty happy with Nolan. I hope he's re-signed. I wouldn't mind gambling on a younger player like Kobasew, though. I don't really want a second or third round pick for ONo. I'd rather just keep him. He's fourth on our team in scoring, and only two points out of second. Plus, he gives an honest effort on every shift and plays pissed off all of the time.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Wags

Quote:
As far as Im concerned, Moss has been a big body that is driving to the net and opeing up space on the #2 RW spot.

As it stands, we need a puck moving defenseman more than a #2 RW. Our offense has been great...we just need another puck mover for depth.
I agree...Moss has looked decent on that line, and he is still getting used to playing with his new linemates so I'd say give him a chance first. I would like to see someone with more foot-speed to play top 4 d minutes and I think it would be a more valuable addition at this point

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:50 AM
bob_the_fish

Quote:
I thought you guys were fed up with Kobasew. Maybe I've just been listening to the wrong gripers?
It's not so much that Kobasew is on the outs, simply that he didn't seem to be panning out as expected (25-30 goal scorer). On the other hand, he has become a fantastic depth player that can play top 6 minutes, PP and PK, and create a lot of chances for his line mates.

I wouldn't give up Kobasew for a UFA (rental player) and definitely not for an aging one.

bob_the_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
I thought you guys were fed up with Kobasew. Maybe I've just been listening to the wrong gripers? All of us Phoenix fans are pretty happy with Nolan. I hope he's re-signed. I wouldn't mind gambling on a younger player like Kobasew, though. I don't really want a second or third round pick for ONo. I'd rather just keep him. He's fourth on our team in scoring, and only two points out of second. Plus, he gives an honest effort on every shift and plays pissed off all of the time.
flames fans are a fickle bunch... they expected Kobasew to score 20 goals and get maybe 30 points... but when he was only on pace for 10 goals and 30 points people turned on him because he wasnt living up to their expectations... these same people seem to forget Kobasew's 20 goals last season came on a line in which no one else was scoring... this season other guys were burying the chances he created... he has already set a career high for assists in a season this year... and before his injury he was on pace to slightly raise his career high in points... but for the most part i think Flames fans realize he is our best trading chip that can be parted with (much like Leopold was last season)

Old
02-06-2007, 11:41 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Kobasew has been a bit dissapointing but I wouldnt trade him for an old rental.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:43 AM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by debil View Post
Flames dont need d-man. They have 3 top defenders: Hamrlik, Phaneuf, Regehr. 2 skilled guys Warrener and Ference and young talent Giordano. Thats good mix. Hamrlik is gonna be UFA this summer, Flamres should concentrate to resign him. Actually, the team is well build for play-off. Flames should look into the future since several veterans will most likely leave the team as UFA's in the summer. At most I would accept some skilled (2nd or 3rd line level) defensive left wing.
You got to be joking right? Ference has shown that when he is forced to play top 4 minutes for an extended amount of time..he cannot ahndle it. Warrener has gotten slow and very injury prone. I would not be comfortable knowing Giordano and Zyuzin are the last two for a top 4 injury replacement. Flames need a legit #4 puck moving defenseman for depth and a playoff run.

Old
02-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nolan for Kobasew?
You really are punched and drunk

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:16 PM
Jarome-a-Rome

Quote:
You got to be joking right? Ference has shown that when he is forced to play top 4 minutes for an extended amount of time..he cannot ahndle it. Warrener has gotten slow and very injury prone. I would not be comfortable knowing Giordano and Zyuzin are the last two for a top 4 injury replacement. Flames need a legit #4 puck moving defenseman for depth and a playoff run.
I have to disagree with this... I'm pretty sure Ference is exactly the opposite of this. He plays better the more minutes he plays. The games he struggles in are the games that he plays 12 minutes. He is one of those guys that needs ice-time to be his most effective. I am not saying he is a good enough top-4 guy, I am just saying that he doesn't get worse with more ice-time at all.

Jarome-a-Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome-a-Rome View Post
I have to disagree with this... I'm pretty sure Ference is exactly the opposite of this. He plays better the more minutes he plays. The games he struggles in are the games that he plays 12 minutes. He is one of those guys that needs ice-time to be his most effective. I am not saying he is a good enough top-4 guy, I am just saying that he doesn't get worse with more ice-time at all.

I agree.

And Mark Giordano has been nothing short of impressive, IMO. He's played very well with this team (better than guys like Zyuzin).

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote