HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

all the oldtimers

Old
02-05-2007, 09:45 PM
CapsChemist

vCash: 500
all the oldtimers

Now that the Flyers are at the bottom of the pack and the pens are probably going to make the playoffs all the cockroaches(pens fans) in State College have come out in full force. How did all you Flyers fans deal with this same predicament in the early 90's?

CapsChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 04:51 AM
flyersfan97

I can't speak for Pens fans, but I've had to endure the Devils and Rangers fans for the last decade. For starters, tell them to make the playoffs first, then you'll think of being impressed. Next, ask them who won the last playoff series. If you really want to get mean, ask them if they plan on moving to Kansas City to follow their team. Good luck, I, for one, know how tough it can be.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:16 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
I love how this thread hasn't gotten many responses. I don't think it's the topic, rather nobody wants to admit being an old-timer.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:21 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
I love how this thread hasn't gotten many responses. I don't think it's the topic, rather nobody wants to admit being an old-timer.
If remembering the early 90s qualifies as an old-time, the 70s must be equivalent to the Bronze Age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfFzODoD7YY

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-06-2007 at 11:29 AM.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoholyca View Post
Now that the Flyers are at the bottom of the pack and the pens are probably going to make the playoffs all the cockroaches(pens fans) in State College have come out in full force. How did all you Flyers fans deal with this same predicament in the early 90's?
The Keenan dismissal (1988) and the trades of Propp and Poulin nearly made my head explode. Then came the ouster of Clarke. It was a horrible time. As the 90s trudged onward, Snider/Farwell, at least by me, were given a pass because despair was erased by a certain hope with the Lindros trade (and eventual return of Clarke). Many of us felt that the kid was going to be "the next one" and that it was a matter of time before the Cup arrived in Philadelphia. Then came life in 1994-95 after the work stoppage and the team was somewhat successful and certainly competitive. As far as other team's fans, not living in PA, I didn't have that immediate concern but in general I have always been interested in the Flyers' fate more so than the worries of what other team's fans think.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 02-06-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old
02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
If remembering the early 90s qualifies as an old-time, the early 70s must be equivalent to the Bronze Age.
I guess I'm just a rookie. I'm 27.

markzab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:42 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by markzab View Post
I guess I'm just a rookie. I'm 27.
You are Reggie Leach? Ron Hextall?

Old
02-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Gert B Frobe

I lived in Morgantown WV (about 70 miles south of Pittsburgh) from 89-93 and endured Penguin fans for quite some time. They weren't that bad - not too cocky or arrogant BUT...

they knew next to nothing about hockey. Hockey was like a shiny new complicated toy they loved but couldn't quite understand. I used to go to games every time the Flyers were in town. Ushers let the fans to their seats during play, the fans booed icing thinking it was a penalty and every time Mario got checked they screamed for a penalty (though many times they were right about that one at least)

Don't worry though - this Pens team is good but nowhere near as dominant as the Pen's cup teams. If they even make it - the second round is going to be a long shot...

Why are you complaining about Pens fans when you live in the middle of the worst, most biased homers in the world (PSU of course)??

35 makes me an oldtimer? man.... that sucks

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 12:17 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 400
there is one bright spot to the hole situation

depending on how you look at the situation

players on your roster that are 25 and under

Umberger
Carter
Richards
Pitiken
Picard

all under 25 and that is your future number 1 line

your going to get a good pick top 2 more then likely

and you also have Downie and Ruziska.

If the forsberg rumours are correct--looks like you may get another first rounder and you never know--flyers could trade Gagne for some younger, cheaper players and free up some cap space.

Moving Hatcher and Rathje would be good as well--teams going into the playoffs may take those guys off your hands--when you guys are down--there is always an upside

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote