HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peca suspension

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2003, 08:35 PM
  #1
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Peca suspension

The league does a mandatory check on these kneeing majors. I know Jamie got hurt and that sucks. I also HATE the Isles, but the bottom line is that if Peca gets a suspensions it total B.S. I wouldnt lose sleep being as I do hate them but I dont think theres much of a question this was NOT an illegal hit. Wev'e all seen a player stick his knee out by instinct when he's getting blown by or an intent to injure (Marchment, Tucker). In my mind this was neither. Peca was just trying to throw a a big and their knees connected. Unfortunate yes, but not intentional. Peca was squared towards Lundmark, his knee wasn't sticking out at all.

Let's just thank God Lundmark is only missing 8 weeks and he didnt tear up his knee completely ala Pav Bure.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 04:27 AM
  #2
schmittkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
i agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
The league does a mandatory check on these kneeing majors. I know Jamie got hurt and that sucks. I also HATE the Isles, but the bottom line is that if Peca gets a suspensions it total B.S. I wouldnt lose sleep being as I do hate them but I dont think theres much of a question this was NOT an illegal hit. Wev'e all seen a player stick his knee out by instinct when he's getting blown by or an intent to injure (Marchment, Tucker). In my mind this was neither. Peca was just trying to throw a a big and their knees connected. Unfortunate yes, but not intentional. Peca was squared towards Lundmark, his knee wasn't sticking out at all.

Let's just thank God Lundmark is only missing 8 weeks and he didnt tear up his knee completely ala Pav Bure.
Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think he really stuck his knee out on Lundmark. It reminds me of when Kloucek was here and he received about three game misconducts when he hurt people. Kloucek didn't stick his knee out deliberately, but was just bracing himself to hit the other person, and their knees collided.
Hopefully he will be back in less than eight weeks, and I'm glad it isn't the ACL.
It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Peca wasn't ejected. Holik looked awfully upset, but I have never seen him fight, and I wonder if he would have actually done something about the hit.

schmittkov is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 08:49 AM
  #3
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
But a third replay of the collision, which resulted in a five-minute major and Peca's ejection from the game, could back Sather's argument. It looked as if Peca shifted all of his weight from his left leg to his right and purposely took down Lundmark.

Maybe I was wrong

DOWN WITH PECA - Too bad they didnt leave him in the game. Holik would have killed him.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 10:17 AM
  #4
ihatenewjersey
Registered User
 
ihatenewjersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: dirty jersey / NEW YORK RANGERS FOR LIFE
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
holik was furious, and nothing would have made him feel better than to pound peca, that next face off draw together would have been interesting, but i also think it was NOT intent to injure

ihatenewjersey is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 11:04 AM
  #5
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Imo it is reasonable for a professional athlete to take responsibility for his actions. His actions resulted in an injury and he clearly did not act in a responsible way. He should have either avoided the hit or hit him in a legal fashion. Peca imo is playing in a double standard way. Tuckers hit was legal too? No, why? cos he hit him low? same shi*, different day in my opinion. HE initiated and HE injured his opponent. I hope in the next game we pound him. I have no respect for him, more so after this incident.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 12:02 PM
  #6
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN
Imo it is reasonable for a professional athlete to take responsibility for his actions. His actions resulted in an injury and he clearly did not act in a responsible way. He should have either avoided the hit or hit him in a legal fashion. Peca imo is playing in a double standard way. Tuckers hit was legal too? No, why? cos he hit him low? same shi*, different day in my opinion. HE initiated and HE injured his opponent. I hope in the next game we pound him. I have no respect for him, more so after this incident.
Theres a difference if you hit someone and he happens to get hurt or you stick out your knee to intentionally injure someone. A big difference IMO. People get hurt in hockey but to try and injure someone is cruel. I would like to see the hit again. I didnt see that 3rd angle that makes it look intentional, but if it was intentional I hope Peca misses games and then faces off against Holik first thing next game.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 12:45 PM
  #7
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,035
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
I dont think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
But a third replay of the collision, which resulted in a five-minute major and Peca's ejection from the game, could back Sather's argument. It looked as if Peca shifted all of his weight from his left leg to his right and purposely took down Lundmark.

Maybe I was wrong

DOWN WITH PECA - Too bad they didnt leave him in the game. Holik would have killed him.

that peca is scare of holik, and if holik hits him illegally go for it, and then he can deal with Cairns, b/c scott did and got pummeled, and simon wanted no part of him. You better put Purinton in the lineup.

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 01:16 PM
  #8
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
that peca is scare of holik, and if holik hits him illegally go for it, and then he can deal with Cairns, b/c scott did and got pummeled, and simon wanted no part of him. You better put Purinton in the lineup.
yeah i would much rather have won that game than gloat over eric carins beating up scott. i dont think simon would have cared about fighting cains but when you are beating an awful team by 3 goals in the second period there is no need to fight.

peca shouldnt be suspended he was punished during the game.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 01:30 PM
  #9
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,035
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
yeah i would much rather have won that game than gloat over eric carins beating up scott. i dont think simon would have cared about fighting cains but when you are beating an awful team by 3 goals in the second period there is no need to fight.

peca shouldnt be suspended he was punished during the game.
completely, but to say that Holik is gonna exact some revenge on peca, i doubt peca would be sacred. Secondly he was punnished wrongly during the game. Must win for our jets tomorrow.

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 01:48 PM
  #10
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Cairns is a good fighter but Scott is capable of putting up a fight and Simon would probably beat him. Cairns fought well last game but by no means is he that scary.

I met Cairns once. He is actually a really nice guy.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 02:16 PM
  #11
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
completely, but to say that Holik is gonna exact some revenge on peca, i doubt peca would be sacred. Secondly he was punnished wrongly during the game. Must win for our jets tomorrow.
i doubt holik will exact any revenge. he isnt a dirty player neither is peca. the hit on lundmark wasnt even dirty. Must win for the Jets. if we come out of tommorow with a win combined with a bengals fish and broncos loss. (all can happen) i am confident things will break right for the jets to have a winner take all last game of the season againts the fish. Believe!!!!!!!!!

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 02:23 PM
  #12
Tom Liodice
Registered User
 
Tom Liodice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Peca knows how it feels to have a knee injury, as he's been a totally different player since the Tucker hit, but I doubt he would legitmately go out and try to knee someone and put them out of commission. He did go down to the Rangers lockerroom after the game to check up on Jamie and to explain himself that he did not attempt to injure him, which is a real classy move on his part

~TL

Tom Liodice is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 02:26 PM
  #13
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
Peca knows how it feels to have a knee injury, as he's been a totally different player since the Tucker hit, but I doubt he would legitmately go out and try to knee someone and put them out of commission. He did go down to the Rangers lockerroom after the game to check up on Jamie and to explain himself that he did not attempt to injure him, which is a real classy move on his part

~TL
Actually he passed Jamie after he was thrown out. He didnt exactly seek him out. Secondly, Peca has thrown some dirty hits. I haven't seen this one enough to pass my judgement on it. He probably just stuck his leg out to take him down. I doubt it goes through your mind that your gonna shred someones knee.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 02:29 PM
  #14
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
i doubt holik will exact any revenge. he isnt a dirty player neither is peca. the hit on lundmark wasnt even dirty. Must win for the Jets. if we come out of tommorow with a win combined with a bengals fish and broncos loss. (all can happen) i am confident things will break right for the jets to have a winner take all last game of the season againts the fish. Believe!!!!!!!!!
Holik not dirty? He takes every chance he can to throw a cheap punch, knock someone down, or trip a goalie. I'm not complaining, thats what I love about his game That said he doesnt try to blow knees out or anything.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 02:42 PM
  #15
Kvashinator12
Registered User
 
Kvashinator12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 7,035
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Cairns is a good fighter but Scott is capable of putting up a fight and Simon would probably beat him. Cairns fought well last game but by no means is he that scary.

I met Cairns once. He is actually a really nice guy.

simon beat cairns? maybe like 8 years ago when he was a nordique. Cairns is a face demolisher, and has been on a tear lately, and simon wussed on him in the pregame and during the 1st. I feel bad for guys like scott who take the beating, b/c the real enforcers dont fight. Just like Fedoruk with the flyers

Kvashinator12 is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 03:04 PM
  #16
Tom Liodice
Registered User
 
Tom Liodice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,296
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Actually he passed Jamie after he was thrown out. He didnt exactly seek him out. Secondly, Peca has thrown some dirty hits. I haven't seen this one enough to pass my judgement on it. He probably just stuck his leg out to take him down. I doubt it goes through your mind that your gonna shred someones knee.
Actually, according to the NHL.com article:

"Peca contends that there was no intent to injure, and he walked to the Rangers dressing room to apologize to Lundmark after being ejected from the game.....

...Lundmark saw a replay of the check, but wouldn't say whether he thought the shot that caused his first big injury was done on purpose. He was surprised when Peca walked down the hallway to see him.

"I wasn't really expecting it. It caught me off guard," Lundmark said. "


I wouldn't exactly call that "passing by"

~TL


Last edited by Tom Liodice: 12-06-2003 at 03:52 PM.
Tom Liodice is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 10:40 PM
  #17
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
Actually, according to the NHL.com article:

"Peca contends that there was no intent to injure, and he walked to the Rangers dressing room to apologize to Lundmark after being ejected from the game.....

...Lundmark saw a replay of the check, but wouldn't say whether he thought the shot that caused his first big injury was done on purpose. He was surprised when Peca walked down the hallway to see him.

"I wasn't really expecting it. It caught me off guard," Lundmark said. "


I wouldn't exactly call that "passing by"

~TL
Ya got me! I misread wherecer the heck I read it. I actually always liked Peca... until he became a fish stick. I didnt think it was intent to injure but who knows? Like I said I'd like to see it again.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-06-2003, 10:42 PM
  #18
Barnaby
Registered User
 
Barnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
simon beat cairns? maybe like 8 years ago when he was a nordique. Cairns is a face demolisher, and has been on a tear lately, and simon wussed on him in the pregame and during the 1st. I feel bad for guys like scott who take the beating, b/c the real enforcers dont fight. Just like Fedoruk with the flyers
Simon and Cairns would be a very good fight. I think it could go either way. Simon isn't a wuss... it just didnt make sense for the Rangers to start fighting. When your playing better then the other team then why give them something to psyche them up? Simon has fought some heavyweights as tough as Cairns this year so its not like he was scared.

Barnaby is offline  
Old
12-07-2003, 01:41 AM
  #19
BLACKBURN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: London
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
At the end of the day Purinton, Scott, Barnaby, Devries, Lacoutre, Lindros (to mention a few) could easily beat up Peca. To say that big bad Cairns is going to beat anyone who touches him is bs. Your pojnt of Cairns can take any rag is pointless as we dont have beef with Cairns. It was a cheap hit, Marty Mcsorely didnt mean to ko Brashear but did it unintentionally and his career was affectively ended by it. If Lundmark was diagnosed with an injury that would prevent him playing for the rest of his career I think we would be a bit more pissed off around here.

BLACKBURN is offline  
Old
12-08-2003, 05:01 AM
  #20
303Joe
Registered User
 
303Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Port Jefferson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,291
vCash: 500
Sorry there jar jar..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
yeah i would much rather have won that game than gloat over eric carins beating up scott. i dont think simon would have cared about fighting cains but when you are beating an awful team by 3 goals in the second period there is no need to fight.

peca shouldnt be suspended he was punished during the game.
I didn't realize the Rangers were running away w/ the eastern conference there. I wouldn't call the Isles an awful team yes they are on a bit of a bad streak right now but have played some very good hockey this year and i think will be back to winning against some goood teams soon. I'm not going crazy about the win over the hawks becuase that is an AWFUL team. I think the isles and rangers are pretty close to eeach other and i'm sure will be right with each other at the end of the year. The isles played like crap and lost 7 or 8 in a row and are only 5 points behide the Rangers. As I said i think the Isles will turn it around and get back w/ the pack from 5-10 spot.

303Joe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.