HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PROPOSAL - Boston/Anaheim

Old
02-07-2007, 09:38 PM
drubaca

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to drubaca Send a message via AIM to drubaca Send a message via MSN to drubaca
PROPOSAL - Boston/Anaheim

Boston gets - Travis Moen & 3rd in '08

Anaheim gets - Marco Sturm

drubaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:44 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
guy's playing well, gotta go after him...

moen will come back down to earth, but anaheim will continue to utilize his leadership and gritty heartful play...

a silly deal really, would boston really do this? can't donovan do the same thing if he gets his head into games? and what when moen slows down (if he does) and goes back to the third/fourth liner...

also, with burke and how stingy he is with players on his rosters, i can't see him dumping moen so quickly after he's finally gotten comfortable without seeing if moen is developing at this rate, or simply playing very well for a stretch...

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
AvsGuy

Poopy trade. Sturm is better than that.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:51 PM
drubaca

Send a message via ICQ to drubaca Send a message via AIM to drubaca Send a message via MSN to drubaca
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora View Post
guy's playing well, gotta go after him...

moen will come back down to earth, but anaheim will continue to utilize his leadership and gritty heartful play...

a silly deal really, would boston really do this? can't donovan do the same thing if he gets his head into games? and what when moen slows down (if he does) and goes back to the third/fourth liner...

also, with burke and how stingy he is with players on his rosters, i can't see him dumping moen so quickly after he's finally gotten comfortable without seeing if moen is developing at this rate, or simply playing very well for a stretch...
Actually, I'm picturing Moen in a 3rd/4th line role(although Lewis would put him with Bergeron & Boyes & stick Kessel on the 4th line). Donovan has been soft this year & not all that great in his own end. I was expecting a grittier version of PJ Axelsson & we got a 2nd Wayne Primeau.

I figured Burke would sell high.

Old
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
drubaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
Can't see the B's getting much more for the rental of Sturm. Maybe make the pick a conditional 2nd if he signs a contract.

Old
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy View Post
at the deadline I see Boston trading their soon to be UFA's instead of losing them for nothing

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
KingKessel81

I'd do it from a Boston POV. We need some grit badly and Sturm has been borderline useless this year and will likely leave Boston as a UFA this off-season.

KingKessel81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:18 PM
AvsGuy

If Boston is sure Sturm will leave, then yeah, ok. I'd think they could do better, but I guess I thought the same about Donald Audette when he was burning up the scoresheet and yielded Kamil Piros.

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 01:13 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by drubaca View Post
Actually, I'm picturing Moen in a 3rd/4th line role(although Lewis would put him with Bergeron & Boyes & stick Kessel on the 4th line). Donovan has been soft this year & not all that great in his own end. I was expecting a grittier version of PJ Axelsson & we got a 2nd Wayne Primeau.

I figured Burke would sell high.
yeah, that frustrates me... boston makes the commitment to kessel, play his butt off on the first and second lines... i'm so frustrated seeing coaches that have special players (kessel is special offensively) and move them all around the lineup... just have the kid get used to atleast one linemate, have him follow that guy around like a puppydog, and leave him alone...

i hate kessel on the fourth line... you already gambled having a kid in the lineup, just play him in the role he's meant for... kessel is too good imo to stagnate long term, he may have a rough time, but just let him go...

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:01 AM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora View Post
yeah, that frustrates me... boston makes the commitment to kessel, play his butt off on the first and second lines... i'm so frustrated seeing coaches that have special players (kessel is special offensively) and move them all around the lineup... just have the kid get used to atleast one linemate, have him follow that guy around like a puppydog, and leave him alone...

i hate kessel on the fourth line... you already gambled having a kid in the lineup, just play him in the role he's meant for... kessel is too good imo to stagnate long term, he may have a rough time, but just let him go...
the best part is how electric the garden goes when he scores or gets a breakaway or his first shootout (game winning) goal...and Lewis continues to not play him and not put him in the shootout.

The place went CRAZY at the Penguins game early January before he even shot and after he scored the SO goal to win the game it was even crazier.

Finally it looks like Lewis is getting it through his head to give him icetime...give him shootouts...

NAH! Lets give "shoot it at the goalies chest from 20 feet out" Sturm shootout chances, woo!

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Randall Graves*

Moen isn't going anywhere he adds alot to this team. we will not trade toughness to get softer, I don't know if Sturms the right fit.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 06:49 AM
BritSabre

Considering Sturm's UFA status, seems like an OK deal. I can see Sturm raising at least a 2nd rounder on reputation alone at the deadline, however. Even Friesen fetched a 2nd last year with just 7 points in 33.

BritSabre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 08:34 AM
remer

I think Sturm will be heading to Dallas. They could use a LW and I think he will bring back a prospect and a 2nd rd pick.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:43 AM
8BostonRocker24

What would The Ducks be willing to part with for;
LW Marco Sturm
D Brad Stuart

IMO, The Ducks are too good not to load up for a Cup Run. They are hands down the best team in The West (Yes, Better then Nashville). They may/may not be better then Buffalo, they are 2 very different teams, that play very different styles of hockey.

Feb 27 is the 146 day out of 187 pay days for NHL Players, meaning Boston will of picked up about 78% of Marco's $2.05 million and Brad's $2.15 million. Both players are UFAs this offseason.

According to Irish Blues, The Ducks have a little more then $4.0 million in cap room.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
8baby*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drubaca View Post
Boston gets - Travis Moen & 3rd in '08

Anaheim gets - Marco Sturm
MOEN IS A BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO THANKS!!!!!!!

8baby* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 11:04 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
I'd love to get Travis Moen. The Bruins could really use a guy like him mucking it up. I'd do that trade if it were possible.

Sturm likely won't command much more than that because a) he is a pure rental, b) he's struggling this season.

Moen, a 3rd and a conditional 2nd (for a 4th) if he re-signs.

CombatOnContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:25 PM
flannelman
trite pretentiousnes

vCash: 50
Well, for a California team, he might not be a rental. It is believed he wants to go back out west. So maybe a conditional pick if he resigns or something. Maybe Marco could fetch something better than Moen though, but I agree, Boston does need a guy like that.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
DaaaaB's

I'd be happy with Sturm for Moen and a 2nd.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Blindside9711

Send a message via MSN to Blindside9711
Brian Burke was interviewed by the TSN people last night just before the Buffalo game and he said guys like Moen have helped their team with their grittiness and it sounds like he really really likes having a couple muckers in his lineup. Guys like Moen and Kunitz can change the tide of a game with a physical shift or a big hit, but they can also contribute offensively. Those kinds of guys are at a premium nowadays.
I just can't believe they gave up a 2nd for Parros, especially when they have guys like Kunitz and Moen already... but I digress.

Blindside9711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:34 PM
don

At this stage of the season I'd do a Sturm for Moen and a conditional pick. A 3nd if they take the Division, a 2st if they take the Conference and a 1st if they take The Cup. Additionally, another 1st if he signs with them.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
At this stage of the season I'd do a Sturm for Moen and a conditional pick. A 3nd if they take the Division, a 2st if they take the Conference and a 1st if they take The Cup. Additionally, another 1st if he signs with them.
No team would ever agree to that trade. Moen and two firsts if they decide to keep Marco ****ing Sturm? Even if they win the cup, they'd have to give up a first, even if Sturm did **** all.

I wouldn't trade Moen for Sturm, most likely because we don't need Sturm, we could really use Moen's grit, and we could probably get another, better winger without giving up Moen.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Kick Save

Stan Darsh has pretty much hit it on the head: that's way too much for Sturm. However, assuming there were a player that Burke thought was that valuable, he couldn't make such a deal. The Ducks already have given Edmonton their First Rounder in '07 and, if the win the Cup in either of the next two years, the Oilers get the Ducks First Rounder in '08, as well.

If Burke were to continue making trades of this nature---and how many guys out there are as valuable to the Ducks as Pronger is?---he'd be trading the right(s) to draft kids who haven't been born yet.

Kick Save is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside9711 View Post
Brian Burke was interviewed by the TSN people last night just before the Buffalo game and he said guys like Moen have helped their team with their grittiness and it sounds like he really really likes having a couple muckers in his lineup. Guys like Moen and Kunitz can change the tide of a game with a physical shift or a big hit, but they can also contribute offensively. Those kinds of guys are at a premium nowadays.
I just can't believe they gave up a 2nd for Parros, especially when they have guys like Kunitz and Moen already... but I digress.
You aren't the only one that can't believe it, Parros is a cult hero and all but that 2nd would be pretty nice right about now.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Boston_Bruins

no, not a good trade for the bruins

Boston_Bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Moen isn't going anywhere. I really don't see Burke trading a roster player for a rental.

Boston would get picks/prospects.

take your pick of Bryce Swan, Ryan Shannon, Tim Brent, Aaron Rome,...possibly Brendan Mikkelson.

Burke won't part with Bobby Ryan or Mark Mitera for Sturm.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote