HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

L.A.-NYR Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
L.A.-NYR Proposal

To L.A.- Anson Carter

To NYR- Jaroslav Modry

Both guys have kinda fallen out of favor in their respective cities, Modry at least has been called out by AM out here, and I was wondering what people would think of this deal. Feel free to add in missing pieces as you see fit. Flame away.

Old
12-07-2003, 05:03 PM
willie

Why do we need Carter?

He adds nothing to our club that we don't already have. Unless we are getting a big, strong, physical forward (which Carter is most certainly not), why bother?

We need help on defense as it is. Trading Modry leaves Norstrom & Miller (?) as our defenseman on the 2nd PP unit. Now I would have no objection to trading Modry if we got an upgrade on the blueline (ie. Hamrlik) but otherwise we are just opening up a hole for no reason.

Value-wise, I like the deal but it makes no practical sense.

Old
12-07-2003, 05:21 PM
Frolov

Carter would make Allison happy and encourage him to maybe come back sooner but Modry is too valuable to this team right now.

Who's gonna replace his 25 minutes ice per game?

Old
12-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I am going to guess that not much thought or logic was put into this proposal.
Why would the Kings need to add another forward on top of Palffy, Straka, Stumpel, Frolov, Robitaille, Cammalleri, Klatt ?
Where would Carter fit in when Armstrong and Allison return?
Who fills in for Modry on the point on the PP and could be put into the Kings top 4 D pairings?

This offer makes absolutely no sense for the Kings. And right now more than anything they need to add a physical dman and address the woeful penalty kill. They don't need an underachieving forward.

Old
12-07-2003, 05:55 PM
punchy1

We could put Gleason there or use him as the defencive blue liner and give Corvo more roaming room. I would only move Modry to land another skill player (like Carter) if I knew that we were going to be without Deadmarsh for another year or more.

Old
12-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Reaper45

I simply proposed this deal because it seems (to me) that Straka was acquired as Allison's replacement, and acquiring Carter would fill in, albeit not as well, as Deadmarsh's replacement. Corvo, or Gleason could fill in at Modry's role. We're carrying 7 d-men on the roster for a reason.

Old
12-07-2003, 06:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
To L.A.- Anson Carter

To NYR- Jaroslav Modry

Both guys have kinda fallen out of favor in their respective cities, Modry at least has been called out by AM out here, and I was wondering what people would think of this deal. Feel free to add in missing pieces as you see fit. Flame away.
Nope. Carter is on a hot streak right now and playing well. And the Rangers don't need another offensive defenseman. And the Rangers already have a defenseman who doesn't play defense in Tom Poti.

12-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Nope. Carter is on a hot streak right now and playing well. And the Rangers don't need another offensive defenseman. And the Rangers already have a defenseman who doesn't play defense in Tom Poti.
I thought that the Rags were talking to the B's about Poti? Modry isn't doing too bad himself, and he's cheaper than Poti. Hell if you guys throw in Purinton we'll throw in...?

To L.A.-Anson Carter and Dale Purinton

To NYR-Jaroslav Modry and a pick?

Old
12-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Frolov

Quote:
I thought that the Rags were talking to the B's about Poti? Modry isn't doing too bad himself, and he's cheaper than Poti. Hell if you guys throw in Purinton we'll throw in...?

If the Rangers are looking to deal Poti to the Bruins then why would they want Modry?

Old
12-07-2003, 07:36 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

I have heard nothing about the Rangers looking to deal Poti to the Bruins.

Old
12-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Face Wash

Contrary to other Kings fans belief... Modry is too valuable to the team at this point to trade. even though he's a UFA... so is 90% of the team.

Old
12-07-2003, 10:05 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

the kings need modry a lot more than they need carter...modry is invaluable on the PP...he has been the most consistent contributor on the PP for some time now...tho fans seem to hate him, without him, the kings would be worse on D than they imagine...if visnovsky goes down to injury like he has the past few years, the kings would be very happy to have modry still there

Old
12-08-2003, 03:21 AM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
And the Rangers already have a defenseman who doesn't play defense in Tom Poti.
*biting my lip*

Closed Thread