HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Delmore, Rivet, Ference trade value

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2003, 05:04 PM
MMM

vCash: 500
Delmore, Rivet, Ference trade value

Delmore-Buff
Rivet-Mon
Ference-Phx

There has been speculation over the past several weeks about trading these guys.

What would be expected in return for these three Right Defensemen by their respective teams. Would 3rd round picks suffice?

Thanks.

Old
12-07-2003, 05:06 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Delmore-Buff
Would 3rd round picks suffice?
Considering that the Sabres gave up a 3rd for him and he hasn't done anything in Buffalo, his price is probably at best a 4th.

Old
12-07-2003, 05:12 PM
Patty Roy

I can't see Montreal trading Rivet for a 3rd.

If Rivet is dealt, it will be for help up front...

Old
12-07-2003, 05:24 PM
leafaholix*

You're not going to get much with that contract.

Old
12-07-2003, 06:23 PM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

not that it makes things right but Barnett might as well take an ad in the newspaper that he's an idiot if he deals Brad Ference for a third round pick of a fairly weak draft after trading a second round pick in the strongest draft in the last decade along with Hordichuk for the defensemen. It's not like Phoenix is swimming in depth with NHL quality defensemen either and once the injury bug hits this Phoenix defense will struggle even more. Like it or not, Phoenix needs Ference.

Old
12-07-2003, 06:50 PM
IceBagadonuts

Ference-Delmore-Rivet

Trade Value: Delmore-Rivet-Ference

Ference interests me the most... because he's probably the most physical/defensive defenceman of them. Additionally, as we approach the trade deadline, solid depth D-men are always in demand (e.g., Kasparaitus, Marchment, etc.) by playoff contenders.

There's also another thread here (Trades & Rumors, etc.) about him, and another thread on the Phoenix site, as well, with many good insights.

I think a couple posters thought Ference might fetch a 2nd or a 3rd pick.
I'm not so sure. Maybe in a normal market, but not as we approach the March 9 trade deadline, because a whole bunch of "cooked" teams will be in full-blown, pre-CBA salary-dump mode by then... with a lot of good (and lower risk) players available/on-sale... many just for taking their big salaries off the hands of their teams' books. That's a Buyers' Market.

Ference was scratched the last 6 games. He played tonight (around 15 min.) and got 4 PIM's (cross-checking and high-sticking). The hi-stick was in OT and coulda cost the 'Yotes the game. The apparent reason he was originally benched anyway was for his penchant for taking dumb/costly penalties. I'm sure the dude's a bit rusty from ridin' the pine, but he's just gotta get his head and ass wired together (as the politically-incorrect/praise-the-Lord/no apologies to wimp-snots U.S. Marine D.I.'s say) and step up his game... fast. If Phx does wanta trade him, they need to play him to re-establish his value. Right now, that's kinda risky for them. They're between a rock and a hard place.

Maybe he's become a head-case and some coach's reclamation project. However, at $1.3 million, he's now one of the most expensive #7 D-men in the NHL. As a Colo Avs fan, I wouldn't mind acquiring him (the old Brad Ference) as our #6-7... but not for a 2-3 pick (maybe some kind of "conditional" pick). There's just to many other good D's coming up that have it together... even as rent-a-players.

Maybe a real D-hungry team like the WashCaps would make great sense for Ference. However, the Caps are desperate to cut payroll. Ya think the 'Yotes would take Jagr (with a 60% buy-down) and a bag of pucks for Ference?

Last edited by IceBagadonuts: 12-07-2003 at 08:32 PM.
Old
12-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Right now Delmore = bag of pucks. And I'm not sure I'm joking either.

Old
12-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Delmore on the block. Fancy that . Thank you Polie! Boy has he fallen from grace since the off-season.

Closed Thread