HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

HFBoards Montreal Poster Awards!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
  #151
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,740
vCash: 500
It's kinda funny how some people are coming into the thread dissapointed because they didn't get mentioned.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:19 AM
  #152
VirginiaMtlExpat
All ice is home ice.
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
You're weird then.


I find that Lilooet ad GME are generally underrated here and the McPhee and Gros Bill are generally overrated, but hey... that's what happens when you're old
Thanks for the love, Aymand. By the way, I'm pretty sure that I'm almost as old as mcphee and Gros Bill. The youth of my wife, and the fact that we've been married only 2 years, creates the illusion of a younger man.

I don't have any goats, but I too wear my pants up to mid-chest and evoke 70s Habs. Could be worse: I don't recall the Rocket, Jean Beliveau, or... Aurčle Joliat.

Besides, as I don't see any games, I contribute nothing to GuiDTs, which justifies bringing down my stock...

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 06:54 AM
  #153
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
Thanks for the love, Aymand. By the way, I'm pretty sure that I'm almost as old as mcphee and Gros Bill. The youth of my wife, and the fact that we've been married only 2 years, creates the illusion of a younger man.

I don't have any goats, but I too wear my pants up to mid-chest and evoke 70s Habs. Could be worse: I don't recall the Rocket, Jean Beliveau, or... Aurčle Joliat.

Besides, as I don't see any games, I contribute nothing to GuiDTs, which justifies bringing down my stock...
why is it that as you get older, you wear your pants either 2 inches higher or lower ?


A few weeks back, we were going to funeral for an old Aunt and we sent my Father back twice before we'd let him leave the house. We thought he was ok until he sat down on a couch during the wake, and I heard my cousin yell,'Hey,Uncle Clifford, wear'd ya get the nice white socks ?'

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:25 AM
  #154
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
why is it that as you get older, you wear your pants either 2 inches higher or lower ?


A few weeks back, we were going to funeral for an old Aunt and we sent my Father back twice before we'd let him leave the house. We thought he was ok until he sat down on a couch during the wake, and I heard my cousin yell,'Hey,Uncle Clifford, wear'd ya get the nice white socks ?'
2 inches lower : gravity
2 inches higher (ie mid-belly) : suspenders, used to counteract the aforementionned gravity.
By the way, what's wrong with white socks, anyway? I think they go well with dark pants, especially when you're wearing a zoot suit. Don't they ?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:35 AM
  #155
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by korky00 View Post
Hi guess my less than 200 posts did not get me any nomination

Even though I,ve never used the letter 'E'...(While you're looking back at my former posts to verify I'm stealing your trophies)
Uh...I count about 20 in this post....which would imply that you.......LIAR!!!!!!

*my post has 0!!!!*

YAY!!!!!

From now on all my posts in this discussion will not admit said symbol!!!

__________________
Hey look, it's Duffman; the guy in a costume that creates awareness of Duff!
Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:37 AM
  #156
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Uh...I count about 20 in this post....which would imply that you.......LIAR!!!!!!

*my post has 0!!!!*

YAY!!!!!

From now on all my posts in this discussion will not admit said symbol!!!
I would say: "will not admit that digit" it sounds normal.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:38 AM
  #157
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
I always liked Naoned Citizen.... whatever happenned to him?

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:45 AM
  #158
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
2 inches lower : gravity
2 inches higher (ie mid-belly) : suspenders, used to counteract the aforementionned gravity.
By the way, what's wrong with white socks, anyway? I think they go well with dark pants, especially when you're wearing a zoot suit. Don't they ?
My Dad tells the story when he turned a street corner, in Hamilton, in 1944, and saw 5 guys in zoot suits, so naturally, he slugged the biggest one. Any idea why ? A weird history question.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:48 AM
  #159
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
My Dad tells the story when he turned a street corner, in Hamilton, in 1944, and saw 5 guys in zoot suits, so naturally, he slugged the biggest one. Any idea why ? A weird history question.
Because my dad was a pretty obnoxious fellow?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:49 AM
  #160
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
From now on all my posts in this discussion will not admit said symbol!!!
I assume you aren't including your sig as part of your posts then

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 07:50 AM
  #161
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I assume you aren't including your sig as part of your posts then
Yeah, Darz, how are you going to spell b**r now?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:15 AM
  #162
VirginiaMtlExpat
All ice is home ice.
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
why is it that as you get older, you wear your pants either 2 inches higher or lower ?


A few weeks back, we were going to funeral for an old Aunt and we sent my Father back twice before we'd let him leave the house. We thought he was ok until he sat down on a couch during the wake, and I heard my cousin yell,'Hey,Uncle Clifford, wear'd ya get the nice white socks ?'
Let me get this straight: was the problem the height of the pants, or the fact that you left "no white socks" off the funeral wear checklist?

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:16 AM
  #163
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Because my dad was a pretty obnoxious fellow?
What he told me, and I've never tried to verify this, was that zoot suiters were assumed to be draft dodgers or whatever the term was in those days. So, if you were in military attire and you encountered a zoot suiter in public, it was assumed that the fight was on. Of course, dear old Dad could be existing in bizarro land and made this up.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:19 AM
  #164
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
What he told me, and I've never tried to verify this, was that zoot suiters were assumed to be draft dodgers or whatever the term was in those days. So, if you were in military attire and you encountered a zoot suiter in public, it was assumed that the fight was on. Of course, dear old Dad could be existing in bizarro land and made this up.
This sounds accurate, although I thought it was mostly confined to the US (specifically Los Angeles).

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:19 AM
  #165
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
Let me get this straight: was the problem the height of the pants, or the fact that you left "no white socks" off the funeral wear checklist?
I guess both. My wife usually checks him out first. A loud, 'Grampa, you're not leaving the house like that' is often heard around here.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:20 AM
  #166
VirginiaMtlExpat
All ice is home ice.
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
What he told me, and I've never tried to verify this, was that zoot suiters were assumed to be draft dodgers or whatever the term was in those days. So, if you were in military attire and you encountered a zoot suiter in public, it was assumed that the fight was on. Of course, dear old Dad could be existing in bizarro land and made this up.
Okay, that explains slugging one of the five. Now why the biggest? Was he dealing with pigmy draft dodgers, and could only reach down to the biggest?

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:21 AM
  #167
VirginiaMtlExpat
All ice is home ice.
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I guess both. My wife usually checks him out first. A loud, 'Grampa, you're not leaving the house like that' is often heard around here.
So if "no white socks" is not on the checklist, does your wife check your socks?

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:23 AM
  #168
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
This sounds accurate, although I thought it was mostly confined to the US (specifically Los Angeles).
See: Black Dahlias for further info.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 08:29 AM
  #169
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
Okay, that explains slugging one of the five. Now why the biggest? Was he dealing with pigmy draft dodgers, and could only reach down to the biggest?
He never gave a lot of advice. Work hard, help out, and don't fight because 'any fool can swing his arms' 'If you have to fight and there's more than one of them, hit the biggest one first.'

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 09:48 AM
  #170
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AymanD View Post
I would say: "will not admit that digit" it sounds normal.
Hmmm....your right, it is more good than Darz words


Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I assume you aren't including your sig as part of your posts then
Your right. Sig not a part of post, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yeah, Darz, how are you going to spell b**r now?
I will call it........liquid of gods!!!!

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:21 PM
  #171
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Hmmm....your right, it is more good than Darz words




Your right. Sig not a part of post, in my opinion.



I will call it........liquid of gods!!!!
You've been drinking too much biir.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 01:26 PM
  #172
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,053
vCash: 500
Who gets the bandwagon award ?
How about the "I told you so" award ?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:24 PM
  #173
VirginiaMtlExpat
All ice is home ice.
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yeah, Darz, how are you going to spell b**r now?
biere, no wait
cerveza, no never mind
bier, d*mn
pilsener, aw cr*p!
aw scr*w it...

ビール (Katakana: japanese phonetics...): bi_ru
where there's a will there's a way!

VirginiaMtlExpat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2007, 02:49 PM
  #174
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
biere, no wait
cerveza, no never mind
bier, d*mn
pilsener, aw cr*p!
aw scr*w it...

ビール (Katakana: japanese phonetics...): bi_ru
where there's a will there's a way!
Arabic and Italian: Bira

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 04:01 PM
  #175
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Ok my favorite rookie is HexCopterKey.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.