Hopefully they do a better job this year. Last year team's top 10 lists were done in November, they finished it in Dec 2005, but didn't release it until Late February or early March and didn't take into consideration 3/4 of the season and the WJC for the players.
yeah, hopefully it's more up to date this year.
I would hope at the least they'd take the WJC and a little bit after it into account.
Erik Johnson is on the cover and is teased at the top-ranked prospect. Also, the goalie issue had the top 15 goalie prospects listed, with their overall position in this year's top 75.
So here's a little teaser, with their overall rank this year in parenthesis, as well as what they were ranked in last year's top 75 list.
TSN's top 15 goalie prospects
1. Carey Price (5th overall, up from 12th last year)
2. Tuukka Rask (14th overall, up from 37th last year)
3. Leland Irving (15th overall, unranked last year)
4. Jonathan Bernier (24th overall, unranked last year because he hadn't been drafted yet)
5. Justin Pogge (28th overall, up from 73rd last year)
6. Simeon Varlamov (36th overall, unranked last year because he hadn't been drafted yet)
7. Cory Schneider (38th overall, up from 68th last year)
8. Riku Helenius (41st overall, unranked last year because he hadn't been drafted yet)
9. Josh Harding (42nd overall, down from 40th last year)
10. Al Montoya (54th overall, down from 28th last year)
11. Ondrej Pavelec (60th overall, down from 58th last year)
12. Ben Bishop (62nd overall, unranked last year)
13. Marek Schwarz (70th overall, down from 34th last year)
14. Jimmy Howard (71st overall, down from 47th last year)
15. Devan Dubnyk (74th overall, unranked last year)