HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One roster spot open

Old
02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
yieldvsten

vCash: 500
One roster spot open

somebody should get called up. who will it be

yieldvsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Kostitsyn.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:27 PM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

Bégin coming back from injury.

No roster spot open.

And that's IF samsonov is claimed.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:37 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Kostitsyn.
Definetly, he is NHL ready.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:39 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post

No roster spot open.

I think there is a spot open, if Samsonov is not claimed he should be sent to Hamilton for a while so we clear cap space, call Kost or Grabs. I am not sure if Sammys' salary counts against the cap for the time his is in Hamilton, if it does not then that is the logical thing to do, if it does then we'll have to have him kidnapped or something.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Turbo

Quote:

No roster spot open.

I'm pretty sure Murray is the one gone when Begin is back (Murray has already cleared waivers and it's good for 1 month, so...)

Samsonov is done with this team. Either he's claimed or going to Hamilton. He's not playing again after stating he wants out to the press.

So either Kostitsyn comes up to fill an offensive role or there's a deal in the works to bring a player in through a trade.

EDIT: All this when the waiver business is settled, of course (so no sooner than 48 hrs, after waivers & re-entry waivers).

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan1968 View Post
I think there is a spot open
We currently have 23 active players, the maximum.

When Begin is activated (any day now), the total will be up to 24, so we will need to send someone down (or have Sammy claimed by another team).

Old
znk

The spot is not open yet....

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:43 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
We currently have 23 active players, the maximum.

When Begin is activated (any day now), the total will be up to 24, so we will need to send someone down (or have Sammy claimed by another team).
Samsonov will not be a part of our active roster regardless of whether he clears waivers or not. He's gone in less than 24 hours from now.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:47 PM
flappuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Samsonov will not be a part of our active roster regardless of whether he clears waivers or not. He's gone in less than 24 hours from now.
"Il reste encore une trentaine de matchs et Samsonov aura sa chance", a indiqué l'entraîneur.

Translation:
"There's still 30 games left and Samsonov will get his chance", said the coach.

So... He might be still be here for a while...

flappuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
La Grosse Tendresse
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Still, with Begin back that's 23 active bodies.

Old
02-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Habsfan18

well, Begin will be back soon.

But i'd like Kostitsyn to be called up and be a regular. He needs a fair chance. I think if he can play the final 30 or so games of the season on one of the top 3 lines he can get 15 points or so.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 05:56 PM
buddahsmoka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
well, Begin will be back soon.

But i'd like Kostitsyn to be called up and be a regular. He needs a fair chance. I think if he can play the final 30 or so games of the season on one of the top 3 lines he can get 15 points or so.
I would love to see what he could do as a regular.

buddahsmoka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Maddas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Kostitsyn.
I'm I the only one who thinks he's not much better than Perezhogin?

Maddas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
GoHabsGO252006

There is no roster spot right now.

FIRST, Sammy has to either be picked off waivers or clear and be sent to the minors, neither has happened.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 07:20 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddas View Post
I'm I the only one who thinks he's not much better than Perezhogin?
Probably. Kostitsyn isn't as fast, but he's more balanced and stronger on his skates. Kostitsyn is a bit more cerebral and I think has better physical tools than Perezhogin. Kostitsyn's shot arsenault is much much better than Perezhogin.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:38 PM
FTowwn

hopefully Grabovsky is recalled if anyone. The team has been lacking some offensive flair lately and when Grabovsky was in the lineup, he brought that extra spark and offensive-ness (is that even a word?) to the lineup. He was exciting to watch and really did help the team's offence, altho it might not have showed up on the scoresheet, he still generated solid chances.

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:40 PM
RE-HABS

Kostityn and Grabovsky are both deserving and hey why not give Milroy a shot...the question is will Carbs play them with the right people or stick them with Murray and Downey and make a waste of a call up?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by filly_canadiens View Post
hopefully Grabovsky is recalled if anyone. The team has been lacking some offensive flair lately and when Grabovsky was in the lineup, he brought that extra spark and offensive-ness (is that even a word?) to the lineup. He was exciting to watch and really did help the team's offence, altho it might not have showed up on the scoresheet, he still generated solid chances.
So who goes to the wing then? Grabs?

It's more logical to call up Kostitsyn, if anyone. I'm not a prospect fanboy like some people here but I find it hard to believe that, given the exact same ice time/linemates as Samsonov was, Kostitsyn wouldn't manage to pot 7 goals in 52 games.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 09:51 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So who goes to the wing then? Grabs?

It's more logical to call up Kostitsyn, if anyone. I'm not a prospect fanboy like some people here but I find it hard to believe that, given the exact same ice time/linemates as Samsonov was, Kostitsyn wouldn't manage to pot 7 goals in 52 games.
Kosts would have the same totals (I'm thinking more) having the chance playing all year on a line with Kovy and Pleks. The kid when called up only looked better with games played and icetime given to him.

I think Gainey made the mistake of thinking he needed to sign a UFA and grasped at straws getting Sammy a player no other team out there wanted and since we missed out on Elias, Shanahan and Sykora I believe he thought he had to do a signing when he had options on the farm in Kosts ready to come up and prove himself for less than 1/2 the cost.

Gainey screwed up, his UFA signings have been bad from the time he was in Dallas (Audette, Kamensky and Turgeon ring a bell along with people here? Same summer, all were busts in Dallas). I don't think it is Montreal as the problem attracting UFA's, I think Gainey makes poor choices in who he targets and finally signs. Thank god he has done some good trades, but he has goofed there a little too.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Gainey screwed up, his UFA signings have been bad from the time he was in Dallas (Audette, Kamensky and Turgeon ring a bell along with people here? Same summer, all were busts in Dallas). I don't think it is Montreal as the problem attracting UFA's, I think Gainey makes poor choices in who he targets and finally signs. Thank god he has done some good trades, but he has goofed there a little too.
Well, like you said, Gainey did try to go after Elias and Shanahan because we needed them. Unfortunately those players had other ideas. And apparently we were talking to Samsonov since day one of free agency, so I'm still not buying the "panic signing" thing either. Let's face it, I could've counted the amount of posters who didn't like the Samsonov signing the day it happened on one hand. Who could've ever predicted he would have such an atrocious year? I don't see how Gainey can be faulted for that move, it just didn't pan out plain and simple. He tried to address a need for the team (scoring) and it didn't work out.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:21 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Kosts would have the same totals (I'm thinking more) having the chance playing all year on a line with Kovy and Pleks. The kid when called up only looked better with games played and icetime given to him.

I think Gainey made the mistake of thinking he needed to sign a UFA and grasped at straws getting Sammy a player no other team out there wanted and since we missed out on Elias, Shanahan and Sykora I believe he thought he had to do a signing when he had options on the farm in Kosts ready to come up and prove himself for less than 1/2 the cost.

Gainey this answer when asked where he was at just before signing Samsonov "We are at plan D". So Sammy was 4th on the list. They made their list...and obviously there was a bad evalutaion of Sergei.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote