HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu (merged)

Old
02-07-2007, 09:26 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
So what ? He was certainly sleeping when he signed him !

By the way...This thread is about Koivu. have you read the rest of my post ?
Yes, and in fact I agree with just about everything else. But to suggest Gainey is asleep, like he has no idea what's going on with his team at the moment...is just wrong.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:28 AM
AlexMeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
SAVARD WAS UFA

UFAS DON'T WANT TO COME TO MONTREAL

IT'S THAT SIMPLE
I have to disagree. If the right deal is on the table UFA's WILL come to Montreal.

The problem is Gainey didn't want to give any long terms contract. Arnott got what in Nashville? 5 years? Same for Savard, Elias and Shanahan got 2 but we were apparently offering only 1. Then, 'plan D' was 2 years to Sammy.

It's obvious Gainey didn't want to commit to longterm contracts...and that brings us to the current situation.

Despite the fact that the Bruins are low in the standings, Savard is now 5th in the league right behind Ovechkin and in front of Joe Thorton.

Arnott, who could of been a great second line center is on pace for 65 points...not bad.

Shanahan has already 27 goals! the only one i see on pace for 27 goals this year is Souray...

Talking of Sheldon Souray is top 60! and he plays defense!

Don't want to give the big bucks? Don't want to commit long term, well thats what you get for it. You're only UFA signing of the off season is on waivers after 50-something games.

my 2 cents

AlexMeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
So what ? He was certainly sleeping when he signed him !

By the way...This thread is about Koivu. have you read the rest of my post ?

I don't think BG was sleeping at the time he signed Samsonov. I thought it was a great signing, who would have guessed that a smooth skating, offensive winger like Samsonov would under produce so badly in the new NHL.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:32 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post
I have to disagree. If the right deal is on the table UFA's WILL come to Montreal.

The problem is Gainey didn't want to give any long terms contract. Arnott got what in Nashville? 5 years? Same for Savard, Elias and Shanahan got 2 but we were apparently offering only 1. Then, 'plan D' was 2 years to Sammy.

It's obvious Gainey didn't want to commit to longterm contracts...and that brings us to the current situation.
Do you have a source? Or are you just assuming that, because those players DID sign long contracts, that Gainey didn't offer them?

If you think the only reason people don't want to come to Montreal is because we're not offering long enough contracts, you must not know a lot about the UFA situation in Montreal.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMeth View Post

Despite the fact that the Bruins are low in the standings, Savard is now 5th in the league right behind Ovechkin and in front of Joe Thorton.

Arnott, who could of been a great second line center is on pace for 65 points...not bad.

Shanahan has already 27 goals! the only one i see on pace for 27 goals this year is Souray...

Talking of Sheldon Souray is top 60! and he plays defense!

Don't want to give the big bucks? Don't want to commit long term, well thats what you get for it. You're only UFA signing of the off season is on waivers after 50-something games.

my 2 cents
You're right. Gainey did not had much cap space to play with after giving big contracts to Koivu, Kovalev (nobody else wanted him...), Huet (no choice), Ribeiro( 1.9, then 2.4 for Niinimaa) and Bouillon (1,8).

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 09:37 AM
CHareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13 View Post
No its the same people after every loss or every rough patch who make ten threads about how crappy the team is. Then these are the same types of posters who are the biggest homers and proclaim how great the team is when they are winning.
Too true. The same guy who wrote at the beginning of last season:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
As I predicted before the camp, Habs will compete hard for the first place in the league.
Amazing ... and tiresome.

CHareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:23 AM
As the Glorious Weep

Koivu is God

I have been hearing things lately among the crowd. It is said that some of you are doubting our Lord and Savior, Saku Koivu, may peace be unto him. I did not believe it at first, that some of you could be so ungrateful for our Lord, and spit in his eyes and stone him publicly until I came into this board and saw it with mine own eyes.

Never have I felt so humiliated to be associated with a group of fans. It's as if the veil was taken away from in front of my eyes, and I finally saw how ungrateful the hfboards fan were for the sacrifices that our Lord and Savior gave to the Montreal CHurch.

For, he gave an eye and a knee so that we may rejoice and even sacrificed his perfect health so that we may have pleasure in our hearts. And, now that he lays on the cross for our sins, all his former disciples are renouning him and calling him an apostate.

But know that, in a short time, Saku Koivu will revive and shall regain all his superpowers once again. His enemies shall gain fear of him and tremble in their feet and soil their pants. Then he shall smite his enemies and reward his supporters with the Holy Stanley Cup, of which only he is the only rightful owner.

Saku Koivu , we are but human, we are not worthy.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

He is *surely* testing our faith. Those whose faith remains unshakeable will be rewarded. The rest... well... off to dance with the hot pepper you go...

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
I have been hearing things lately among the crowd. It is said that some of you are doubting our Lord and Savior, Saku Koivu, may peace be unto him. I did not believe it at first, that some of you could be so ungrateful for our Lord, and spit in his eyes and stone him publicly until I came into this board and saw it with mine own eyes.

Never have I felt so humiliated to be associated with a group of fans. It's as if the veil was taken away from in front of my eyes, and I finally saw how ungrateful the hfboards fan were for the sacrifices that our Lord and Savior gave to the Montreal CHurch.

For, he gave an eye and a knee so that we may rejoice and even sacrificed his perfect health so that we may have pleasure in our hearts. And, now that he lays on the cross for our sins, all his former disciples are renouning him and calling him an apostate.

But know that, in a short time, Saku Koivu will revive and shall regain all his superpowers once again. His enemies shall gain fear of him and tremble in their feet and soil their pants. Then he shall smite his enemies and reward his supporters with the Holy Stanley Cup, of which only he is the only rightful owner.

The problem is when we do win the cup, the same fans calling for his head (and everyone else's on the team) will be on the bandwagon saying he is the best captain in the league, also saying that Carbo needs to win the Jack Adams, Souray and Markov should be nominated for the Norris, Latendresse is the best Canadiens since Guy Lafleur...

Am I insane or no matter what, the posters we hear the most are the one on the extremes? If we are on a winning streak, the huge homers are going to start praising threads while on a losing streak, the haters are going to start bashing threads. It also seems like these homers/haters are usually one and the same.

We live in a odd world.

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
The problem is when we do win the cup, the same fans calling for his head (and everyone else's on the team) will be on the bandwagon saying he is the best captain in the league, also saying that Carbo needs to win the Jack Adams, Souray and Markov should be nominated for the Norris, Latendresse is the best Canadiens since Guy Lafleur...
Look at my signature.

Old
02-07-2007, 10:30 AM
seb911

koivu is not god, hes out captain....oh my polytheism!!!! MAJOR SIN, doomed to hell......if ur orthodox jew

seb911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

Am I insane or no matter what, the posters we hear the most are the one on the extremes? If we are on a winning streak, the huge homers are going to start praising threads while on a losing streak, the haters are going to start bashing threads. It also seems like these homers/haters are usually one and the same.

We live in a odd world.
Welcome to Habsville. If we go 60-8-12 and win the Cup, there will still be fans raving about this or that player, how the backup goalie is secretly better than the starter, how the coach is powertripping or misutilizing Mahovilich or Larouche, how Shutt is a slacker even if he does score goals, how all those pluggers like Roberts or Wilson or heck even Gainey or Jarvis don't deserve to play more than ____. Etc. It never ends. I guess it shows we care.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Saku Koivu will revive and shall regain all his superpowers once again.
Saku 'Ukko' Koivu

He may not be playing his best hockey of the year right now, but he's still a favourite of mine. Great role model as a person and as a hockey player.

Some people say God rested after creating the world, maybe Saku just needs a rest after his play through december?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:43 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:

I think you have taken this a bit too far , I for one call it as it is. You put him in this stratasphere , go for it buddy . If we win a cup and carries us to it, I WILL POLITELY POST I WAS WRONG , but lets call a spade a spade , this team has advanced on playoff round in how many years ? If you think this team can win with this lineup , WE NEED GOD`S HELP , because banking on # 11 isn`t enough. We ahve serious flaws that cant be addressed any time soon , and BG must manage his money with a host of players in contract years , or this ship gets worse . Every one is entitled o thier honest opinion, I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS TEAM VERY CLOSELY FOR 30+ YEARS , and as much as we have progressed in the last few years , we arent` there yet , and time is running out sooner than we think . WE ARE NOT IN the class of BUFFALO, JERSEY, NASHVILLE, SAN JOSE ,OR ANAHEIM , accept it.

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 10:51 AM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
I think you have taken this a bit too far , I for one call it as it is. You put him in this stratasphere , go for it buddy . If we win a cup and carries us to it, I WILL POLITELY POST I WAS WRONG , but lets call a spade a spade , this team has advanced on playoff round in how many years ? If you think this team can win with this lineup , WE NEED GOD`S HELP , because banking on # 11 isn`t enough. We ahve serious flaws that cant be addressed any time soon , and BG must manage his money with a host of players in contract years , or this ship gets worse . Every one is entitled o thier honest opinion, I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS TEAM VERY CLOSELY FOR 30+ YEARS , and as much as we have progressed in the last few years , we arent` there yet , and time is running out sooner than we think . WE ARE NOT IN the class of BUFFALO, JERSEY, NASHVILLE, SAN JOSE ,OR ANAHEIM , accept it.
You are entitled to your opinion, but you aren't allowed in the church of Koivu if you don't believe in him. Now move along.

Old
02-07-2007, 10:54 AM
habitue*

Quote:

If Saku is God... I hope to go to Hell ! People on this board who are thinking Saku is a god, had never seen past Habs hockey star players. It is a blaspheme to all the Hall of Famers that this team had over the years. Or you are very young, and never seen anything better than Koivu in a Habs uniform (which is a fair excuse)... or, if you are older, you are just plain stupid !

Old
02-07-2007, 10:57 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
koivu is not GOD he is an average 2nd liner and a medicore leader

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:00 AM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
If Saku is God... I hope to go to Hell !
He'll be happy to oblige. Anyone else who posts something of apostate nature on this thread will be ignored and added to the excommunicated list.

Old
02-07-2007, 11:01 AM
habfan4

Quote:
He'll be happy to oblige. Anyone else who posts something of apostate nature on this thread will be ignored and added to the excommunicated list.
The nerve of some of these heretics.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason allison'fans View Post
koivu is not GOD he is an average 2nd liner and a medicore leader
If you want to prove your claim, you're going to have to name 44 better centers that currently play in this league. This should be a lot of fun.

I'm going to make it easier for you:

Above (17) - Crosby, Lecavalier, Thornton, Brière, Marleau, Malkin, Sakic, Brind'Amour, Jokinen, Drury, Sedin, Staal, Sundin, Spezza, B. Richards, Forsberg, Gomez
Arguable (13) - Savard, Straka, Nylander, Langkow, Cammalleri, McDonald, Datsyuk, Bergeron, Kopitar, Legwand, Parise, Carter, M. Richards

There you go, I'm sure you can name around 5 names that were forgotten, but I think it's pretty safe to say Koivu is between the 18th-30th best center in the league right now. With 30 teams, doesn't that mean he's a first line center?

Last edited by Duff88: 02-07-2007 at 11:08 AM.
Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Thank you sooo much......

Old
02-07-2007, 11:04 AM
habfan4

Quote:
If you want to prove your claim, you're going to have to name 44 better centers that currently play in this league. This should be a lot of fun.
Unfortunately, the inclusion of the bolded caveat in your post will make it impossible for him/her/it to include Jason Allison in such a list, which would have made it that much more funny.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:07 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Saku is the God of the penalty box at the moment.

TheDamned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 11:11 AM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:

I'm going to make it easier for you:

Above (17) - Crosby, Lecavalier, Thornton, Brière, Marleau, Malkin, Sakic, Brind'Amour, Jokinen, Drury, Sedin, Staal, Sundin, Spezza, B. Richards, Forsberg, Gomez
Arguable (13) - Savard, Straka, Nylander, Langkow, Cammalleri, McDonald, Datsyuk, Bergeron, Kopitar, Legwand, Parise, Carter, M. Richards

There you go, I'm sure you can name around 5 names that were forgotten, but I think it's pretty safe to say Koivu is between the 18th-30th best center in the league right now. With 30 teams, doesn't that mean he's a first line center?
all those guys gonna outscore koivu this season

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote