HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SELL, I don't like these multi-million $ bums

Old
02-06-2007, 11:25 PM
vbet*

vCash: 500
SELL, I don't like these multi-million $ bums

Screw em.

Sykora-can't do **** without hemsky
Lupul-keep him but he has no heart
Torres- 1st round bust
Defense-a bunch of guys that can do stuff in the future so they should not be blamed.

vbet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:35 PM
westcory

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbet View Post
Screw em.

Torres- 1st round bust
Defense-a bunch of guys that can do stuff in the future so they should not be blamed.
Boy did you pick the wrong guys tonight. Yeah Torres caused two penalties but I blame that on horrible officials and he is at least working hard and not turning over the puck. Lupul has played hard tonight but has to work with Sykora (soft as a marshmallow) and Peterson who is to slow with his decisions with the puck.

Ryan Smyth-Worst GAME OF THE YEAR.....TURN THE PUCK OVER SOME MORE!

Jason Smith- After a few good weeks decides to not show up for the most important game of the year.

Roli- Dont play the puck, in fact dont leave your net cause every time you do you eff the breakout! Trade him at the deadline and sign Gigy in the offseason.

Pisani- Why did he get dressed at all tonight!

At least Hemmer came to play though!

westcory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:43 PM
vbet*

Don't blame the refs, you sound like southern US market team fans. You should be ashamed of your whiny crap.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:44 PM
ClosetOilersFan

Quote:
Don't blame the refs, you sound like southern US market team fans. You should be ashamed of your whiny crap.
He made one valid complaint, but he still said we played like crap and deserved the loss.... so no, really, he shouldn't be ashamed.

ClosetOilersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:44 PM
OilerNut*

At the trade deadline dump (for 9th round draft picks if you have to):

Bergeron
Lupul
Nedved
Petersen
Reasoner
Smith
Sykora
Tjarnqvist
Torres
Winchester

And lets try to build a team within instead of trying to get a bunch of free agents, that never works. Just look at the Leafs and Rangers.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Tyrolean

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Smith, MAB, Petersen should definitely be traded, waived or gone from next year's team if not sooner.

Sykora, Nedved, Tarnqvist are probably gone for next year. Maarkannen is probably gone if they can save on cap space with DD.

Greene, Lupul is inconsistent but kept because they are young and should improve. I give Lupul one more year and Greene 2 to improve else they are gone too.

Torres is kept but gone in an instant for a really good player who is more consistent.

Winchester is on the fence but expendable if a better player can replace him which is not difficult.

Pisani, Reasoner have value as they are good defensively but horrible at finishing.

This team is full of underachievers with fragile psyche. H*ll replace all these players and take a chance of a new direction.

Oilers can't grow organically, because it takes too long and their drafting has not been very good.

All these players have contributed to this sub par year. If they are not replaced or show marked improvement, this malady will continue forever.

If I could get a completely new coaching staff, I would do it as well.

Enjoy the rest of the season for fun folks, as there is no chance to make the playoffs with this motley crew.

Last edited by Tyrolean: 02-06-2007 at 11:56 PM.
Tyrolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
onetweasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
At the trade deadline dump (for 9th round draft picks if you have to):

Bergeron
Lupul
Nedved
Petersen
Reasoner
Smith
Sykora
Tjarnqvist
Torres
Winchester

And lets try to build a team within instead of trying to get a bunch of free agents, that never works. Just look at the Leafs and Rangers.
So you want to dump all these players and build from within? How many rookies do you want in the line-up?

onetweasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:49 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean View Post
Smith, MAB, Petersen should definitely be traded, waived or gone from next year's team if not sooner.

Sykora, Nedved are probably gone for next year.

Greene, Lupul is inconsistent but kept because he is young.

Torres is kept but gone inan instant for a really good player who is more consistent.

Winchester is on the fence but expendable if a better player can replace him which is not difficult.

This team is full of bad underachievers with fragile psyche.

Pisani, Reasoner have value as they are good defensively but horrible at finishing.

All these players have contributed to this sub par year. If they are not replaced or show marked improvement, this malady will continue forever.
Reasoner is -11

Old
02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetweasy View Post
So you want to dump all these players and build from within? How many rookies do you want in the line-up?
I want a solid team down the road, not one that is thrown together half assed during the summer.

Old
02-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Oil

Send a message via AIM to Oil Send a message via MSN to Oil Send a message via Yahoo to Oil
The Torres penalties were brutual on his part. Both taken after an initial penalty to us. That's just horrible discipline. No-one to blame but Torres.

Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Oil_in_my_veins

Quote:
Screw em.

Torres- 1st round bust
- Sykora had more success as a centre eventhough Nedved is better on faceoffs. time to play with Hemsky again.
- Lupul has improved but lacks consistency. he will be moved in a deal for a Dman.
- Torres has too much potential to give up. he plays with emotion at least, sometimes too much though. put him out there with Horcoff and Smyth.
- Defence are not safe from blame because they have future potential. team defence is lacking not just from the Dmen but Greene and MAB continue to make horrible decisions. Staios and Smith played well tonight but it wasn't enough. Hedja has impressed lately. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face...man to man coverage is awful for this team. simple concept that our Dmen are overcomplicating.

Oil_in_my_veins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2007, 11:57 PM
vbet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Oilfan View Post
- Sykora had more success as a centre eventhough Nedved is better on faceoffs. time to play with Hemsky again.
Sykora is not a center, did you miss the memo?

Old
02-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Tyrolean

Quote:
Reasoner is -11
ok get rid of him, but he is a great faceoff guy with no offensive talent whatsoever.

Old
02-07-2007, 12:00 AM
Tyrolean

Quote:
I want a solid team down the road, not one that is thrown together half assed during the summer.
Pronger trade destroyed this team as well as losing Spacek and Peca.

Old
02-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Pronger trade destroyed this team as well as losing Spacek and Peca.
Pronger demanding a trade damaged the organziation. UFAs now don't want to sign in Edmonton because Pronger demanded a trade. They think to themselves if Pronger didn't like it in Edmonton, they wouldn't like it either. Basically, Pronger screwed the Oil and now the Oil will be lucky if any UFA will want to sign with the Oil.

02-07-2007, 12:09 AM
dsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyth2Hemsky View Post
Pronger demanding a trade damaged the organziation. UFAs now don't want to sign in Edmonton because Pronger demanded a trade. They think to themselves if Pronger didn't like it in Edmonton, they wouldn't like it either. Basically, Pronger screwed the Oil and now the Oil will be lucky if any UFA will want to sign with the Oil.
As much as I hate hearing his name on this board now, you have hit the nail right on the head.

dsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:10 AM
camboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Oilfan View Post
- Sykora had more success as a centre eventhough Nedved is better on faceoffs. time to play with Hemsky again. - Lupul has improved but lacks consistency. he will be moved in a deal for a Dman.
- Torres has too much potential to give up. he plays with emotion at least, sometimes too much though. put him out there with Horcoff and Smyth.
- Defence are not safe from blame because they have future potential. team defence is lacking not just from the Dmen but Greene and MAB continue to make horrible decisions. Staios and Smith played well tonight but it wasn't enough. Hedja has impressed lately. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face...man to man coverage is awful for this team. simple concept that our Dmen are overcomplicating.
Nope, time to trade him for anything we can get. Hemsky stays with Horc and Smyth thank you very much. That is the only positive thing the Oilers have going right now, aside from Zach Storini.

camboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Oilers Fan 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oil View Post
The Torres penalties were brutual on his part. Both taken after an initial penalty to us. That's just horrible discipline. No-one to blame but Torres.
^ I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why torres wasnt benched the rest of the game after his 2nd stupid penatly is beyond me, but i guess im not the coach lol

Oilers Fan 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Lowe in Oil

MARKKANEN, JUSSI keep under-rated
ROLOSON, DWAYNE trade he's over-worked, cant handle a #1 goalie load
GREENE, MATT keep
SMID, LADISLAV keep
HORCOFF, SHAWN keep had a disappointing season, will do better next year
TORRES, RAFFI trade bust
LUPUL, JOFFREY keep with a little confidence, he will excel
REASONER, MARTY keep good all-round player
PETERSEN, TOBY trade
SMITH, JASON trade
STAIOS, STEVE keep
HEJDA, JAN keep only because we wont be able to get anything better than a 8th round pick
WINCHESTER, BRAD trade he showed up in 2 games this year
PISANI, FERNANDO keep he come out and plays 60 minutes every game!
STORTINI, ZACHERY keep
BERGERON, MARC-ANDRE keep borderline
SYKORA, PETR trade 2.9Million but cant do jack without Hemsky
HEMSKY, ALES keep
NEDVED, PETR put on waivers
SMYTH, RYAN keep
STOLL, JARRET keep
MOREAU, ETHAN keep

Get rid of some this guys and get a few good draft picks!!! Let's rebuild and win the cup in 2 years!

Lowe in Oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Lowball
Re-rebuilding...

Quote:
ok get rid of him, but he is a great faceoff guy with no offensive talent whatsoever.
About a month ago 87% of Oiler fans on this website thought we should re-sign Reasoner to an extension. He is what he is, and I think people are expecting way too much from him.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...nsion+reasoner

Smith needs to go. I long for that day.

Smith + Pisani + pick/prospect for Zidlicky + Upshall

Lowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:30 AM
rec28

Send a message via MSN to rec28
Anyone remember back in the early 90's dark days, when almost immediately after yet another pathetic effort, Bernie Nicholls was traded New Jersey Devils for Zdeno Ciger and Kevin Todd? I remember coming home from that game and hearing the trade announcement almost as soon as I walked through the door.

I keep waiting for something like that to happen. Something, ANYTHING, to show that Lowe isn't asleep at the switch and has had enough of this garbage...

rec28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:31 AM
HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyth2Hemsky View Post
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life. Is every player the same?

How the hell can every other player not ike a city because of one player?

This boggles my mind. Do they all have the same personalities?

Did Pronger say he will put a hex on any UFA who comes here? Maybe they are all scared of pronger...

HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Backhand

I'm right with you on selling the million dollar bums, and getting people here with some heart and energy. This team has no determination and no will to win.

Backhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot_Scorer View Post
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my life. Is every player the same?

How the hell can every other player not ike a city because of one player?

This boggles my mind. Do they all have the same personalities?

Did Pronger say he will put a hex on any UFA who comes here? Maybe they are all scared of pronger...
Players will think that Edmonton isn't a good place to live because Pronger demanded a trade. On top of that, Krypeos says it's -38, 8 months of the year.

Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:25 AM
redsox18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi View Post
MARKKANEN, JUSSI keep under-rated
ROLOSON, DWAYNE trade he's over-worked, cant handle a #1 goalie load
GREENE, MATT keep
SMID, LADISLAV keep
HORCOFF, SHAWN keep had a disappointing season, will do better next year
TORRES, RAFFI trade bust
LUPUL, JOFFREY keep with a little confidence, he will excel
REASONER, MARTY keep good all-round player
PETERSEN, TOBY trade
SMITH, JASON trade
STAIOS, STEVE keep
HEJDA, JAN keep only because we wont be able to get anything better than a 8th round pick
WINCHESTER, BRAD trade he showed up in 2 games this year
PISANI, FERNANDO keep he come out and plays 60 minutes every game!
STORTINI, ZACHERY keep
BERGERON, MARC-ANDRE keep borderline
SYKORA, PETR trade 2.9Million but cant do jack without Hemsky
HEMSKY, ALES keep
NEDVED, PETR put on waivers
SMYTH, RYAN keep
STOLL, JARRET keep
MOREAU, ETHAN keep

Get rid of some this guys and get a few good draft picks!!! Let's rebuild and win the cup in 2 years!
Wow thats strange I agree with every one of those assessments, except I am still a little wishy-washy about Roli.

redsox18 is offline   Reply With Quote