HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

SELL, I don't like these multi-million $ bums

Old
02-07-2007, 12:28 AM
TheGreatone94

vCash: 500
Wow the wagon is a whole lot lighter after tonights game. The season is by no means over. If we lose 3/5 to Minny, then I will concede defeat, but until then, this team still has a very good chance of making the playoffs. You can call my optomistic, say I'm drinking the Kool Aid, whatever. I know the guys in the room are capable of playing playoff calibre hockey and I am confident in our guys. Tonights game actually instilled confidence in me. Although they lost,albeit because of discipline issues, the Oilers wore there hearts on a sleeve and carried the play for most of the game. 5 on 3's killed us, but today is a game which we deserved to win.

TheGreatone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:32 AM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
Wow the wagon is a whole lot lighter after tonights game. The season is by no means over. If we lose 3/5 to Minny, then I will concede defeat, but until then, this team still has a very good chance of making the playoffs. You can call my optomistic, say I'm drinking the Kool Aid, whatever. I know the guys in the room are capable of playing playoff calibre hockey and I am confident in our guys. Tonights game actually instilled confidence in me. Although they lost,albeit because of discipline issues, the Oilers wore there hearts on a sleeve and carried the play for most of the game. 5 on 3's killed us, but today is a game which we deserved to win.
I guess you didn't watch the 3rd.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyth2Hemsky View Post
Players will think that Edmonton isn't a good place to live because Pronger demanded a trade. On top of that, Krypeos says it's -38, 8 months of the year.
Are you actually being serious in your comments?

Because if you are...

Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 12:38 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatone94 View Post
I wanna believe this team has another gear...but I've been waiting since October for this team to show it but so far...nothing

The blown leads, the losses to worse teams then us, our NW division record...it all adds up to no playoffs.

It's time for Lowe to pawn off what he can and shed salary..and decide who are the keepers

The Last Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Oilfan View Post
- Sykora had more success as a centre even though Nedved is better on faceoffs. time to play with Hemsky again.
- Lupul has improved but lacks consistency. he will be moved in a deal for a Dman.
- Torres has too much potential to give up. he plays with emotion at least, sometimes too much though. put him out there with Horcoff and Smyth.
- Defence are not safe from blame because they have future potential. team defence is lacking not just from the Dmen but Greene and MAB continue to make horrible decisions. Staios and Smith played well tonight but it wasn't enough. Hedja has impressed lately. I'll say it till I'm blue in the face...man to man coverage is awful for this team. simple concept that our Dmen are overcomplicating.
No it isn't time for him to play with hemsky again. Breaking up the SHH line again, will not be worth it. Trade Sykora for someone who can play with more than just 1 player on this team.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2007, 02:11 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcory View Post
Roli- Dont play the puck, in fact dont leave your net cause every time you do you eff the breakout! Trade him at the deadline and sign Gigy in the offseason.
Why oh why has MacT not had this message printed in big glowing letters on Rolosons stall in the dressing room . I have never never never seen Roloson make a good play with the puck behind his net . Sure he may be great at batting them down in front of the net like a cricket player , and he's even good for the odd heads up pass down the middle ..... but the guy should never ever go behind the net . He screws it up every single time . And it is so irritiating .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote